Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! (5455 Views)

Buhari Inside His Presidential Jet (PHOTO) / Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion / Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by hassymo5(m): 2:27pm On May 24, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has invited his main challenger and presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Congress (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari as well as candidates of other political parties to his presidential inauguration billed for Sunday, May 29 at the Eagle Square, Abuja. The CPC is currently challenging the Jonathan’s election at the election tribunal.

The Chairman of the inauguration committee and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mahmud Yayale Ahmed, said the event is also expected to gulp N830million.

Briefing newsmen yesterday on the preparation in his office, the SGF said “The actual cost is 830 million to be specific. Our initial budget was N1.3bn, it was reduced to N830 million. Now, it may reach the figure of N1bn plus or minus but no more. I will want you to follow it up after the event.”

Yayale said that by virtue of the position which Buhari held before in this country and his contributions to the growth of democracy, he will be accorded special reception at the event.

The SGF said all the political parties have also been invited. “All the presidential candidates are going to be invited for the inauguration and this has been the tradition,” he added.

He said that 40 heads of government have been sent invitations to attend the inauguration, adding that so far, the ministry of foreign affairs has confirmed that about 15 of them have confirmed that they will be around.

He stated that in order to forestall the unfortunate incidence that happened during the 50th independence anniversary of Nigeria, the committee is not taken anything for granted, saying: “everybody you know who is related with security in this country is part and parcel of this committee. The security sub-committee is headed by National Security Adviser.

The inauguration committee chairman said there will a presidential dinner with corporate Nigeria, exhibition and unveiling of President’s portrait at the Shehu Musa Yar’adua tomorrow and an inauguration lecture on Thursday. He added that on the same day, the First Lady will hold Banquet for women.

While special Jum’at prayer is expected to be offered on Friday for peace, unity and progress of Nigeria, Yayale said, there will be a special children day, including match past and children’s parliament for less privileged children to be held on the same day.

On May 28 there will be a football match between Kano Pillars and Enyimba Football Club at the National Stadium while a thanks-giving church service will hold on the same day at the National Christian Worship Centre in Abuja and with President Jonathan in attendance.

Yayale said that there will also be Presidential Inauguration Banquet at the Banquet Hall of the Aso Villa as well as Musical/cultural and fireworks display.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19822:jonathan-invites-buhari-to-presidential-inauguration&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

SAY SOMETHING NAIRALANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by wesley80(m): 2:39pm On May 24, 2011
I hope they sniff his a$s for bombs. Them Boko haramites could be pretty ingenuous allbeit crude.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 24, 2011
If the arrogant General honours the invitation, then perhaps there is hope that he is turning a new leaf. Naturally, he would consider it an insult and will not atttend.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by hakanai(m): 3:36pm On May 24, 2011
wesley80:

I hope they sniff his a$s for bombs. Them Boko haramites could be pretty ingenuous allbeit crude.

^^^I think you would do for a sniffer dog! wink So wipe your nose from sniffing some other ass and prepare to sniff some valid ass! shocked

noblezone:

If the[b] Humble arrogant General [/b]honours the invitation, then perhaps there is hope that he is turning a new leaf. Naturally, he would consider it an insult and will not atttend.

Buhari can choose between attending and not attending.Its not by force.Buhari he has always honored GEJ invitation.Ramadan Dinner with GEJ,50 anniversary and alot more.So if he attends this or not its okay for all i care.he is entitled to it period and not to be bullied or intimidated by useless and baseless sentiments/accusations.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by wesley80(m): 3:57pm On May 24, 2011
^^^ You mean accusations like 'i lost the election becos of what they changed in the Kamfuter' right?
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by hakanai(m): 4:07pm On May 24, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ You mean accusations like 'i lost the election becos of what they changed in the Kamfuter' right?

Kamfuter,is that your ancestral home? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Beaf: 4:10pm On May 24, 2011
They bera check his pockets for any lil bombs, grenades and pistols he might be carrying. That dude is one wild-eyed, crazy looking danger to the country.
The SSS should give him the same length of rope they will accord to Mr Lucifer.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by hakanai(m): 4:18pm On May 24, 2011
Beaf:

They bera check his pockets for any lil bombs, grenades and pistols he might be carrying. That dude is one wild-eyed, crazy looking danger to the country.

How come GEJ invited him through the SGF. If he poses so much treat and danger to the gathering or presidency??
I bet you GEJ would have being happier, if only Buhari gave him an endorsement.All this accusations would have gone like the case of Dopkesi grin

Mr BEAF congrats sha!!! I pray GEJ runs things for good and you guys continue to advice him and not manage the truth 0n the state of the nation and solutions to fixing it abeg.Boys they suffer and security they tire person!!! GEJ congratulations!!!! wink
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Beaf: 4:21pm On May 24, 2011
^
Lol! I'm not a GEJ adviser, but I'm sure he will transform Nigeria, North, South, East and West. cool
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by aljharem3: 4:23pm On May 24, 2011
Beaf:

^
Lol! I'm not a GEJ adviser, [s]but I'm sure he will transform Nigeria, North, South, East and West. cool[/s]

yes u are related to GEJ

and u know it
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Eziachi: 6:24pm On May 24, 2011
Beaf:

Of course they will,j ust as they did to their a one time Abuja bomber called RAYMOND DOKPESI. Sorry, he is now a reformed bomber that helped with the election campaign and probably sleeps now in Aso Rock guest villa wining and dining.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by enyojo(f): 6:41pm On May 24, 2011
Beaf:

^
Lol! I'm not a GEJ adviser, but I'm sure he will transform Nigeria, North, South, East and West. cool

[size=15pt] @BEAF, May ur life be transformed d way you are sure GEJ will transform Nigeria- Good or Bad.
If u get liver say AMEN[/size]
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by clays: 2:12am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

[size=15pt] @BEAF, May your life be transformed d way you are sure GEJ will transform Nigeria- Good or Bad.

[size=25pt]AMEN with the LOUDEST VOICE, [/size]
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Beaf: 2:18am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

[size=15pt] @BEAF, May your life be transformed d way you are sure GEJ will transform Nigeria- Good or Bad.

I thought these primitive "prayers" ended with the equally primitive CPC pogroms in the North.
We used to have decent conversations before the election season brought in a bunch of intellectual queers. But hey! Every village has its fool.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by lolatom: 2:25am On May 25, 2011
Beaf:

I thought these primitive "prayers" ended with the equally primitive CPC pogroms in the North.
We used to have decent conversations before the election season brought in a bunch of intellectual queers. But hey! Every village has its fool.

You wicked no be smal!
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by ayinba1(f): 3:46am On May 25, 2011
Why Beaf nor answer prayer? No confidence in fresh [air fart anymore? And so soon?
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:19am On May 25, 2011
ayinba1:

Why Beaf nor answer prayer? No confidence in fresh [air fart anymore? And so soon?
depending on the direction(s) you are coming with your untrue and wicked prayers,
isn't the same way you people prayed for the sudden death of GEJ
the way northerners prayed to kill all the christians and corpers in Nigeria, starting from north
and the way the so called osama bin laden children in north wish to interrupt the ceremony with Bomb
PATHETIC
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by ayinba1(f): 4:47am On May 25, 2011
^^you got the wrong babe! Question - why is a prayer that your life be run like GEJ runs Nigeria? Automatically translated into a curse?

Think before you post next time, you sound really naive and stoooopid!
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by chuqudy(m): 4:59am On May 25, 2011
IBB= Isama bin Baden
Obj= Obama bin jaden
Buhari= bin laden of Nigeria
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:32am On May 25, 2011
ayinba1:

^^you got the wrong babe! Question - why is a prayer that your life be run like GEJ runs Nigeria? Automatically translated into a curse?

Think before you post next time, you sound really naive and stoooopid!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that exactly how your stu.pid prayers looks like
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Odunnu: 5:35am On May 25, 2011
Extending a hand of fellowship?
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by daroz(m): 6:14am On May 25, 2011
His presence is going to be used as an insurance against bombs. Cos his almajiri followers would not like to bomb their presume enemy(GEJ) along with their god(BUHARI). But I doubt that Buhari will be there, being that he has already challenged the victory of GEJ in court. Otherwise, he will be contradicting himself.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by PeeDaVinci: 6:15am On May 25, 2011
buhari being in the inauguration equates buhari legitimizing the illegitimate
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by ufumes(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2011
@daroz, i believe the security will be very tight and their will be no bombing.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by uchlukez(f): 6:59am On May 25, 2011
Isn't he d one buying bombs 4 d Biko haram boys? He is a flight risk.
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Demdem(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2011
PeeDaVinci:

buhari being in the inauguration equates buhari legitimizing the illegitimate

Well said
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by yoged(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2011
If Buhari fail to honour the invitation, then there's a plan for the day, probably boommmmmmmm, bomb blast, if he didnt want to come,then secuirity men should drag him there at all cost, peace out
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by yoged(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2011
If Buhari fail to honour the invitation, then there's a plan for the day, probably boommmmmmmm, bomb blast, if he didnt want to come,then secuirity men should drag him there at all cost, peace out
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Demdem(m): 7:53am On May 25, 2011
yoged:

Just one question?

Which of these men has an higher tendency to bring in a bomb either directly or by proxy to the venue based on antecedents?

A) Ibrahim badamosi Babangida
B) Raymond Dokpesi
C) Muhammadu Buhari
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Wislet(f): 7:59am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

Is this the same person that said, May someone's life be rigged the way he helped rig election
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by SUPASTAR: 8:04am On May 25, 2011
Those to grace the occassion should go with there AYETA, Bullet proof cause politicians are so disperate mostly the DO or Die Buhari, is 20% certain of him gracing the occassion, 50%of him having a devilish act for the day and 30% of him not coming
Re: GEJ Invites Buhari To His Presidential Inauguration! by Wislet(f): 8:05am On May 25, 2011
Beaf:

I tell u my brother, some tongues are so loose they re almost falling off. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! / How Can One Sue FG And Shell - Please Advice / "Igbos Hate Me Because Of Biafra War" - Buhari In BBC Hausa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.