Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Sudden Recall From Former Organisation - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sudden Recall From Former Organisation (18459 Views)

Optiva Capital Partners Could Be A Toxic Organisation (Pictures) / Zimbabwe Fires All Striking Nurses, To Hire Unemployed Nurses And Recall Retired / BREAKING: Senate Ask MOUAU VC, Otunta To Recall Sacked Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by ayomilore: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hi house. Please i need clarification on this issue, i was recalled back from my former organization and asked to resume immediately. Meanwhile the organisaton i'm working with says i need to pay them one month gross salary in lieu of notice even though i have not been confirmed there otherwise my resignation letter will not be accepted to them.
I don't have anything to pay but can only forfeit about 12 days salary plus the little contribution i have with them.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
ayomilore:
Hi house. Please i need clarification on this issue, i was recalled back from my former organization and asked to resume immediately. Meanwhile the organisaton i'm working with says i need to pay them one month gross salary in lieu of notice even though i have not been confirmed there otherwise my resignation letter will not be accepted to them.
I don't have anything to pay but can only forfeit about 12 days salary plus the little contribution i have with them.

Thank you.

What does your employment letter says, if you can't give a month notification you forfeit a month salary

24 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Sonnobax15(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
cheesy
See wahala.......

Op,na only you know which one better...... Don't really know how best to advise you on this issue.... perhaps the odogwus of nairaland can help cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Bornsinner7: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
Tell your former organisation that you can't resume immediately if they can extend your resumption date favourable to you..

Some employers sef.. you got a work to be paid and now they are telling you to pay them..

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Adonis86(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ask yourself why the sudden recall. If the response is not positive, steak to the new job. Also consider the pay and the working conditions of both, weigh the two options and go for the one that will last with enough peace of mind.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
In business, agreement is agreement.

It all depends on the kinda contract you sign with them from the beginning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Alajiki(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Your present employer has no right to ask for a month salary in lieu except this was not expressly stated in your appointment letter. The universal practice is that either party can put an end to the relationship before appointment confirmation.

27 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by temitope27(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
H
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by tega192(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Seems like the former was paying better and the new company what's to hold you down , now you are scared that the company will hinder your former company access to you ,but I don't understand the job ona dey do this days , but I will opt in for the better and forget those stupid treat

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by slawormiir: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

See wahalar....your resignation letter can not be accepted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by DropsMic(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Following
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by tompat86(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Since I are
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by pinkyruledworld(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmm. You don turn hot cake and village people wan hack you.
Why is your former organization looking for you?

13 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Bojoik79(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Interesting
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Boyooosa(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Your request or explanation is not clear tho
But going by making a decision out of two options, go for the job that has future for you, the one you can project your life upon till u see another one
Also pay the whatever price to get that achieved

4 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by shiffynaani(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
T
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by superior1: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
How do you mean by re-call?, make sure you leave the current employer happy in case you are de-called
smiley

44 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by revived: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by wellmax(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
If they refuse your letter, what will they do?

If the recall pays you, please go.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Matheusmartin: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Why would your former organization, all of a sudeen, call you back??

13 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by backT(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
How did you leave the first organization? Was it on mutual grounds or otherwise?

1 Like

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by manontree: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Here is the thing. Your post doesn't have enough information for proper advise

Is the salary better in your former office?

What of the job itself. Which do you like better? Does your former officer offer more career path and advance

What made them sack you in the first place cos this isn't looking like you left voluntarily otherwise they won't be asking you to resume again. What if they sack you once again in the future

You need to sit back and evaluate various factors. If you choose to return to your old stumping ground, be mindful they would assume you need them more than they need you

I would advise that if your present place is as good, reject their return request and demand a higher role from them as a condition to rejoining

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by IMASTEX: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
1. How did you leave the first job? Were you given a few days suspension maybe to investigate or as a punishment for your offense?

2. Your employment document should ordinary clarify the condition for volunteering pulling out. In most cases you're to:
a. give a month notice so the HR can plan adequately and integrate a replacement.
b. can't leave until after certain number of service because of the training you must have received.
Or you refund your one month net pay or a certain cash amount representing the cost of training if your case is option b.

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by moscobabs(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Read your employment letter if it's stated but if not then u walk out of the company or u sue them
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by money121(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by wunmi590(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
tongue
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by arazanbal: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
so person nor fit resign for work again say him nor dy do again dis country mata dy tire person, all dis yeye company with their witchy policy, if na NNPC or CBN work dm go help u pack ur stuff self because dm wanna quickly put dere person before e cast
ayomilore:

Thank you.
Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by EkelediliBuhari: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Careful now
A recall men’s two things
1 you’re too good and you left a vacuum. Also they lost someone in the position and they’d rather have you back then retrain another person

2. There’s a pending issue and they can’t prevail on you except if you were under their employ.

The later is dangerous

Just be careful and don’t be too hastly

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by mactoni91(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Inform your former company...

if they really need your service, they'll make the payment on your behalf.

8 Likes

Re: Sudden Recall From Former Organisation by Awoleesu(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Why did your former employer recall you after laying you off?

What are the terms of your contract of employment with the incumbent employer?

You have to weigh the antecedents and consequences well before you decide...

The former employer may have a problem of principle... But talk to an attorney first - my advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated) / Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? / Henrietta Yakubu: FAAN Extorts Arik Air Staff Over Passenger Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.