Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? (11648 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by moscobabs(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
if you dont see future in your present job u can quit

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Kellie069(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
But I wonder how somebody wil work for you for 1 whole month and you want pay salary as at when due! E de surprise me !

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by DUCEDAVEE(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2021
Do not Quit your current Job, while you are there, you can apply at other firms/institutions, when you have been offered employment and you see the terms and conditions, if favorable for you, you can quit and start at the new place.

DO NOT QUIT AND STAY AT HOME!! YOU WILL REGRET IT AT SOME POINT IN YOUR LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Kingstanding: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2021
Joysticks:
This is one of the reasons why I dislike a security Job.They will owe their personnel 3months salaries,but pay one month.They will not pay at the subsequent months.If the personnel challenge them he will be sack without his arrears being paid.
Just be patient until the end of the month.If they don't pay, you should seize whatever you can find until they pay you.
Their ogas will be driving Lexus jeeps and inviting oloshos to a hotel for sex.Meanwhile,their staff are being owe several months of salaries.
. Their oga will never miss of paying his offering and tithe. Yeye dey smell. Nobody can deceive Almighty God. There is no love in this country. How can a sane boss owed his/her staff eight months salary? Your oga does not deserve to be calling human being, he is a devil.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by BruncleZuma: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
Op, are your village people having a conference on your matter?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Nyamve1: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2021
Well for me, ever opportunity I gets come like that, and that makes me not to be afraid of leaving any job, and thank God for plenty soft skills I learnt, I can survive without job, after all, who job EPP. But am working in a better place for now at least. Thank God for that

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by preshyusufu: 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2021
hope sey village people no wan borrow you for usage against yourself. you have worked for 8 months unpaid, and the company promised to clear the debt at the end of the month, my brother before you leave, wait collect your money first.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by frowland(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nebes:
Some doors will never open till you step away from what you already know.
I personally love knowing what’s next and what lies beyond the veil. If I were you, I’ll bang shut the door of the unfulfilling job and leap into the unknown.

N:B— DO NOT leap like me till you are sure that Christ is there to uphold you.

What a load of dung.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
May God help you. Meanwhile Enjoy the champions league matches at home this week by Upgrading your Dstv. Check my last topic.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by bodybuilder: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
How where you able to work 8 months without salary?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Offpoint1: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
last time hotel owed my guy six month salary, my guy just package 5 plasma TVs from vacant rooms and japa... grin

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by deebrownneymar: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
If there’s something you can be doing to sustain yourself in the meantime then you should definitely quit regardless of the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by damoceile: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
One thing I know about security job is they won't pay all the debts you are being owed at once like they said, they make use of this strategy to hold their staffs down so they won't be able to quit, I have been in that situation before ... Guy there is no future on the job and there is no better time to quit than now, but just hang on till month end and see if they will pay or not.... Whatever amount they pay just collect it and quit(nah wetin you go take hold body till you get another job be that).

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Skillsnigeria: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Focusmind: 3:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Private security organization's in Nigeria are worst in terms of staff welfare. Very heartless. You will see their Ogas in SUVs and porch suites but hardly pay as at when due. My Oga told the security company that guards his company and his house that he must pay his boys within 3 days after receiving their monthly fee from my Oga.

Since that time, they have been consistent with paying those guards. The one that scattered our head one time was when my client then paid those security guards Christmas bonus from his pocket. Their security company withheld the December salaries because the security guards have collected bonus from the company they are guarding.

Nigerians at all levels could be heartless, selfish and inconsiderate at times.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by damoceile: 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:
last time hotel owed my guy six month salary, my guy just package 5 plasma TVs from vacant rooms and japa... grin

This thing wey you talk nah lie grin a whole 5 plasma TVs, the hotel no get security? Oga nah lie shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Encoredme(m): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
horlanrewaju11:
I guys please I need your advice on this.

I'm 25 years old and I'm working at NNPC depot as a security officer for the almost 3 years now, but ever since we've been doing this job the company have always been owing us at least two months, Now is now getting to the stage that I can't hold it anymore because the company is owing us almost Eight (cool months now, I can't stop thinking even if I don't want to and it's hurting me, though I'm not married yet nor girlfriend but I'm the one taking responsibility of my sick mother, my two sisters and brother.

The company is paying #40,000 for salary, I'm owing more than 100k from bank and many apps like that.

Now the company promise to clear all the outstanding debt at the end of this month but before then only God knows what can happen.

I've been thinking about it and I don't know what to do, Should I quit the job?

Please share your thoughts.

Hi OP, I will advise you to wait to see how it goes by the end of the month. If you do get paid, you should consider resigning a short time after that, to give yourself sometime to save money to cushion the effect of not having any income sources.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by johndho(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
thesicilian:
Find a good side hustle that you can start with very low income then start working on it before you can comfortably quit.
Best advise there. Just discover your passion and upgrade your self on it. You can start learning online too.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Olumaeme: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
How do you open your eyes and let your company owe you 8 months? Omo, you better dont quit yet, if you do, they will likely not pay your money.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Abujason: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Yes. Go ahead and resign.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Gfskw: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oh

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by rickleye: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
It should be illegal to owe people salary. I mean, how do you pay bills and food. If both you and wife are owed. Womza ! Unbelievable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Bimpe29: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
I didn't bother to read your write as much as I swiftly felt to advise not to quit the existing job until you have been offered a new one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by frozen70(f): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
horlanrewaju11:
I guys please I need your advice on this.

I'm 25 years old and I'm working at NNPC depot as a security officer for the almost 3 years now, but ever since we've been doing this job the company have always been owing us at least two months, Now is now getting to the stage that I can't hold it anymore because the company is owing us almost Eight (cool months now, I can't stop thinking even if I don't want to and it's hurting me, though I'm not married yet nor girlfriend but I'm the one taking responsibility of my sick mother, my two sisters and brother.

The company is paying #40,000 for salary, I'm owing more than 100k from bank and many apps like that.

Now the company promise to clear all the outstanding debt at the end of this month but before then only God knows what can happen.

I've been thinking about it and I don't know what to do, Should I quit the job?

Please share your thoughts.

It just unfortunate that you are in these mess
Walk up to the management with pictures if your sick mum on phone to let them know that you are in a tight corner

Video yourself cleaning up your mother so that they will believe you

Getting another job that may pay you regularly is nit easy at all

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by lereinter(m): 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
How do they expect you not to steal from the company

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Offpoint1: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
damoceile:

This thing wey you talk nah lie grin a whole 5 plasma TVs, the hotel no get security? Oga nah lie shocked grin
He was the SECURITY and 2 other guys, dem do team work 5amgrin
Dem still carry 25liters of diesel join bodygrin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by Fantazy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Just be patient till month end if they clear it as promised. Take the money and run for your life asap.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

BMC cheap paid agent
Na lie you dey lie, no be any friend carry the plasma TVs. Na you run am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Detail Information Get Help Worldwide / Allianz Nigeria Insurance Plc Job Recruitment / Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.