Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

What Is Happening To TSTV? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Happening To TSTV? (34310 Views)

What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by TheGift: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:
Politics and influence of "big tv" that is, DStv and star times.

They might be frustrating them with tax, levies, unaproval of licences etc. And nowadays, nigeria ain't the best place to do business. Even ShopRite sold their shit and ran.

https://www.nairaland.com/4093682/dstv-startimes-others-question-fg

The owners of Shoprite and Game closed Shops in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and other African countries except for those in South Africa.

It is not necessarily a naija thing, some of these businesses just had bad business strategies

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mu2sa2: 7:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Tstv pay only for the channels you watch is good marketing strategy. But they have been off air completely for the past 2 weeks. I mean completely off air - not a single channel is showing. The excuse this time is, they are migrating Mytv subscribers to Tstv. Two weeks and still counting. And these are people mouthing they want to give Dstv a run for their money!!
Tstv channels lineup is ok but they should resolve technical issues e.g no online subscription renewal, you have to go physically to their office.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ofiko123(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2021
I don't know that people still use TSTV..
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by lookingfly: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2021
Abeg, what's happening to we mytv Africa users. My channels wouldn't show, some people claim mytv Africa is leaving Nigeria and they've been sold to tstv.....sanet tstv causing commotion already.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by HappyCanadian: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2021
If u leave Nigeria then u will understand that the country is badly fvcked
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by PIMPAR: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2021
xpressionx:
Tinibu gave them hope to use legislation and push Dstv out jf the market so they can take over.
Use your sense for once. What has Tinubu got to do with Tstv?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mu2sa2: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited
Please expatiate, I'm interested.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by symbianDON(m): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
where is your location
https://africa./en/satellite-internet-nigeria its teristorial..u can conect all ur phones to it..it connects to a satalite in space..its owned by Elon musk..its recent..and it's cheap.. dont know when last I bought data with my sim..or sub my gotv..if u have a smart tv..na heaven u day.for 6900..there is no match I cant watch.no single hanging..while watching videos. Do this and thank me later..its very cheap too
thank you so much bro! I just visited their site and I am already trying to make contact with an agent to come and hook me up. I can't thank you enough!
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by miketayo(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:

They might be frustrating them with tax, levies, unaproval of licences etc. And nowadays, nigeria ain't the best place to do business. Even ShopRite sold their shit and ran.

Clearly not the case with this jokers. Gov even gave them 2 yrs tax free. They went to show channels without obtaining license for them, that was when I gave up on them
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by highoctane: 7:29am On Sep 11, 2021
nony43:
This TSTV be like APC they came with all the noise and went cold on customers. Mad people everywhere.
I still wonder why people need any service of pay tv in Nigeria.
Two well positioned satellite dishes hook on to an FTA satellite receiver can bring into your home many free satellite tv channels that are stolen by DStv,and Startimes and sold to Nigerians as a part of bouquet,example BBC, CNN, TRTV, RT , France 24,CGTN/Documentary, Kids Cartoon, Movie, Sports. If you're a slave of so-called sports, that have never benefitted families positively in Nigeria, accept what you get. DStv, thru gotv and Startimes keep recycling program as new.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by AfriqueDuZuid: 7:29am On Sep 11, 2021
TheGift:

The owners of Shoprite and Game closed Shops in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda and other African countries except for those in South Africa.

It is not necessarily a naija thing, some of these businesses just had bad business strategies

It's only Nigeria and Kenya where they closed shop

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by justking(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2021
Lack of funds
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by miketayo(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2021
tamdun:
They didn't hire the right marketers/promoters

I think this is the only part they got right, otherwise we won't be talking about them. Their business management and every other part was a failure
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Ijaya123: 7:33am On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:

Absolutely misleading submission.
Looking for someone to blame for their incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Virus99: 7:34am On Sep 11, 2021
kjhova:

You have only described a poor economy with weak market indices which is what Nigeria is.

Bank rates are generally high and their funds tend to be mostly short termed. Therefore, no sensible bank will risk funding a start up with such funds especially against existing market leaders. Remember that GTB tried it with HiTV and got burnt.

If we sincerely want a capitalist system, then govt shouldn't be funding start ups against established market leaders. That will be a controlled economy like China or Russia. Unless we all agree to be like China, govt must stay out of unequal funding of business.

The main reason why a sizeable market like Nigeria is lacking in venture funds is because of the questionable source of private wealth. Those who would have become the pool of our core-investors would rather fly their wealth across to Switzerland or London than risk loosing it to EFCC etc if they keep it here.

Koko is, we are our own enemies by being largely a corrupt society.

In the US, government do provide money for hedge fund managers to invest in startups.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Two well positioned satellite dish, hook on to an FTA satellite receiver can bring into your home many free satellite tv channels that are stolen by DStv,and Startimes and sold to Nigerians, example BBC, CNN, TRTV, RT , France 24,CGTN/Documentary, Kids Cartoon, Movie, Sports. If you're a slave of so-called sports, that have never benefitted families positively in Nigeria, accept what you get

Apart from the news channels, the reason why we pay for DSTV is because DSTV is paying the same channels for the right to air them in Nigeria.

My family owned a FTA (free to air) satellite once. Apart from the news channels , we could not get any of the channels DSTV has on that same satellite.

Dstv is not stealing anything at all. They even drop channels when they cannot pay for them (eg crime and investigation network because the owner of the channel suddenly jacked up the price )

Even Premier league....IT airs only on DSTV here because DSTV owns the package for Nigeria...just as Startimes owns the package for the Bundesliga for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Drizzy5001(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Tstv and myTv Africa are not serious at all, and they have poor signal, small breeze like this, it will stop showing, very useless. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by wonder233: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2021
Shut up you Stockholm syndrome victim
inoki247:
Why're you people always complaining abt DSTV and GOTv shey dem put knife for ur neck ni dere are free to Air u people can always try nd Startime dey dere...

Dem force all na abi why're you guys always crying up nd down sef this life na choice...

You people saying dey don't av Political will nd DSTv don monopolize the market. We still av dem KweseTv, Startime nd diffrnt free to air why DSTv no block doz ones from running...

Abi when DSTv keeps coming up with different TV shows nd Content are the odas sleeping dey cant also come up with something..

when someone fails let's admit he don fail nd stop looking for excuses...

imagine Glo for how many years still battling with good browsing signal nd MTN dat means business u can hardly see dem fvck up even Airtel we know aw many times wey dem don sell am nd 9mobile sef jus giv it to diz people dem sabi business...
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Fedrick100: 7:41am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
where is your location
https://africa./en/satellite-internet-nigeria its teristorial..u can conect all ur phones to it..it connects to a satalite in space..its owned by Elon musk..its recent..and it's cheap.. dont know when last I bought data with my sim..or sub my gotv..if u have a smart tv..na heaven u day.for 6900..there is no match I cant watch.no single hanging..while watching videos. Do this and thank me later..its very cheap too

How can I get it in Abia State Aba
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Bunmhi(f): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2021
I haven't heard of Tstv before
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by symbianDON(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2021
mu2sa2:
Tstv pay only for the channels you watch is good marketing strategy. But they have been off air completely for the past 2 weeks. I mean completely off air - not a single channel is showing. The excuse this time is, they are migrating Mytv subscribers to Tstv. Two weeks and still counting. And these are people mouthing they want to give Dstv a run for their money!!
Tstv channels lineup is ok but they should resolve technical issues e.g no online subscription renewal, you have to go physically to their office.
You are on point! The major challenges TSTv have are those of bad technical policies and maybe lack of technical knowledge! You can't be migrating MyTv customers to your platform for two weeks while leaving your existing customers stranded! I use TSTv and I prefer their programme to all others except DSTv. Their subscription rates are very affordable and I love that I only pay for what I want to watch. Also, I find it very very convenient to pay subscriptions myself and at my convenience. TSTv has huge potentials but I doubt the handlers know that.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Sep 11, 2021
No sensible investor will put his or her money in a cable TV business again.

The world is evolving.. We are in the world of streaming and streamers right now. You can't rely on dish and cable and compete favourably with DStv. It's impossible. Even if Dangote puts 100 billion in the business, it will fail! No one is going to buy any yeye dish again and add with what they already have.

Do you know why DStv has been aggressively advertising Showmax and the Explora decoder (with WiFi)?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by symbianDON(m): 7:46am On Sep 11, 2021
highoctane:

Two well positioned satellite dishes hook on to an FTA satellite receiver can bring into your home many free satellite tv channels that are stolen by DStv,and Startimes and sold to Nigerians as a part of bouquet,example BBC, CNN, TRTV, RT , France 24,CGTN/Documentary, Kids Cartoon, Movie, Sports. If you're a slave of so-called sports, that have never benefitted families positively in Nigeria, accept what you get. DStv, thru gotv and Startimes keep recycling program as new.
on what free-to-air satellite can you get discovery channels (ID, Discovery, Food Network, TLC, Discovery Science, Nat Geo etc) in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by edoman2016: 7:48am On Sep 11, 2021
Virus99:
Same issue with almost every innovative Nigerian start up: funding wahala !

To take on market leaders like DSTV...one needs a very deep pocket.

And here in Nigeria, you are your own. Banks won't give you money, government doesn't care and we don't have the kinda organized Silicon Valley investors here.

So our innovative young people are easily fvcked by their big competitors.
Well said.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Lostchild(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2021
I was told, they are doing up grade and will come up next week
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by mikkyjay(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
y not get a k connect garget that connects to satalite in space...its own by the richest man in d world went to space last month..u pay 6900 a month..u watch everything with ur smart tele..and download the world ..any match u wan watch dey there..internet is better..and it doesn't break like glo or mtn..is wat I am using and it's like magic..if u sub ur phone 2k..pay gotv 3k..sub ur wife 1k that's 6k already and it's not unlimited

Oga abeg give more details on this kconnect, I am more than interested
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by Krch: 7:56am On Sep 11, 2021
This is the most unserious unreliable paytv in nigeria

They jump from one position to the other almost every time like nigerian Girls jumping from one dicckkk to another

If you want to stay then solve your problems permanently before coming back or just leave permanently
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by williams85(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2021
osazsky:
Stop lying , ones you exhaust your fair use policy the speed will drop drastically.
It will be as slow as gprs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by The5DME(m): 7:58am On Sep 11, 2021
Tstv na scam.
Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ChopAndGo: 8:01am On Sep 11, 2021
OGdaddy:
DStv Is blocking their way by giving bribes to the people that matters in the government and these government people will do everything to kill off tstv.

this is one of the reasons why Nigeria can never be a business environment that gives equal opportunity and this is why Entrepreneurship is dead in Nigeria which gives room for unemployment which gives room to crime.
No one is blocking them, they are just group of fools with no capital to run the business!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To TSTV? by ChopAndGo: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2021
MITCHELL96:
DSTV blocked their Ambition, because they saw their plans, why would you let People know your plans and what you wanna do when you establish your project ?

DSTV saw they'll probably outsmart them in business, so they did 1 or 2 to them grin

Never reveal your plans to people undecided
Local man mentality, u need school.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Epic Throwback Photo Of Efe, Big Brother Naija Housemate / The Wedding Party 2: Niyi Akinmolayan Replaces Kemi Adetiba As Movie Director / SUPERNATURAL Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.