Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week (25667 Views)

Lewandowski Beats Messi, Jorginho To 2021 Golden Player Award / EPL: Ronaldo Breaks Shirt Sales Record In 24 Hours / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Covidodo: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Man Utd has a Huge FanBase and social media Following. They have Fans all over Africa, Asia and UK. (Ireland, Scotland, Wales,etc)
You can't compare Dem to PSG.. sad

Ronaldo shirts sales will definitely beat Messi.
If Messi moved to Man Utd, he will Double or Triple dis Figures!! smiley
Nonsense
Ronaldo is more popular than Messi

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Onelove508: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Nope ...u are wrong ...Ronaldo is always setting standards...won balon dor first, won champions league first, won European golden boot first , won league title first, won a trophy for his country first, Instagram like first, shirt sales first at juve , first to score hundred in CL first , broke international goal record first , won balon dor in 2 different leagues first , won top scorer in different leagues first ...messi keeps on chasing and chasing

When u are doing ur comperisim, remember their ages.

He is two year older, he started playing two year before, he has played more game.

By the end of the day when they are done playing, that's when ull know they were not mates

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2021
patrickmuf:
If Messi had joined United, same thing would have happened...Manchester United have a huge and passionate fan base especially in Asia...

Dats just it..

You can't compare Man Utd and PSG..

Even if Messi or Ronaldo moves to Arsenal FC, the Shirts sales+other merchandise will be Astronomical...

PSG no reach diz UK top clubs.. sad

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by lampi: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

At the end one is going to be a play maker

While the other one sits in the box waiting for penalties and tapings
my brother winning the game is all that matters. were is Eden Hazard with all his skills

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by WHITELIGHTER: 9:12am On Sep 11, 2021
BafanaBafana:
CR7 na brand, that's why the EPL did not hesitate in relaxing the rules so he could have his shirt.
Now it's more money for the EPL, more money for England, more money for TV stations, even Ismail who owns a football viewing center will make more money today.
Ronaldo is a phenomenon

You nailed it, its all about the spiral effect(money) of his arrival

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Man Utd has a Huge FanBase and social media Following. They have Fans all over Africa, Asia and UK. (Ireland, Scotland, Wales,etc)
You can't compare Dem to PSG.. sad

Ronaldo shirts sales will definitely beat Messi.
If Messi moved to Man Utd, he will Double or Triple dis Figures!! smiley

Akuko... no b only double or triple...na x 1000...deluded fellow.... y im no reach am for Instagram..afterall that one na free

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Babaj145(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:
Lol...I just de pity messi minions...its a very hard job trolling Ronaldo....the harder they try the more record he breaks... I remember how they trolled Ronaldo ontop Jersey sales when psg signed him....they started comparing his Jersey sales in juve...now he has shamed them again

My advice to Messi minions, take Mourinho's advice , he said, when it comes to Ronaldo, just keep quiet cos his grace will drown u

How do I like this twice? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Freestainworld(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

At the end one is going to be a play maker

While the other one sits in the box waiting for penalties and tapings
pass me the barton, real goats don't make noise, one big kwale weed for you, plus one gallon of holy water to spice it up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by ruggedtimi(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2021
If only Nigerians will order for the original the money for hit £400m

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Onelove508:

He is two year older, he started playing two year before, he has play more game.

By the end of the day when they are done playing, that's when ull know they are not mates

Wait till the end of the day... Ronaldo fans don't talk about arriving Spain 5 yrs after messis debut. . Y dint Henry break shearers record..afterall shearer started first...wait till he breaks it ,then u can talk... Next thing una go talk na ratio, like say there is any records for best ratio...clowns

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by tranxo(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Insidenaija:

https://insidenaija.com.ng/cristiano-ronaldo-beats-lionel-messi-in-shirt-sale-stakes-as-man-uniteds-no-7-brings-in-187m-in-just-8-days/
Messi is not selfish. If he was, he would have insisted on Jersey number 10, and this thread would have been a different subject.

Then the clubs involved also matter wrt fan base.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Covidodo:

Nonsense
Ronaldo is more popular than Messi

Probably..
It's because he started with Man Utd which was the Biggest Force in England and a Giant in Europe..
But, I Agree with you..

But really, If Messi had moved to even Arsenal FC, He will measure with or surpass this Ronaldo's Shirt sales!! sad smiley
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:17am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Dats just it..

You can't compare Man Utd and PSG..

Even if Messi or Ronaldo moves to Arsenal FC, the Shirts sales+other merchandise will be Astronomical...

PSG no reach diz UK top clubs.. sad

When he was joining the 6th league in Europe to bully farmers, im no know shey ??
Shey una de compare France with the best league in the world ...clowns

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by RedEnergy: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2021
Messi isn't using his 10 jersey. Sales would be higher if it was 10

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Benbellamor: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Y im no join the city na?? Messi minions and assumptions...do it first let us see... u wanna compare Messi with the Emperor....Ronaldo is a brand ...if he joins Hollywood, his movies will become smash hits ...the guy grace no b here
you mean penaldo grin grin grin

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Wait till the end of the day... Ronaldo fans don't talk about arriving Spain 5 yrs after messis debut. . Y dint Henry break shearers record..afterall shearer started first...wait till he breaks it ,then u can talk... Next thing una go talk na ratio, like say there is any records for best ratio...clowns

Let's see How it will go..
But
Ronaldo pursues Goal records slot. This has helped him.
But some True football analysts still believe Messi Represents the true components of Football..
Passing
Dribbling
Assisting
Scoring..

If Messi was too Goal-concious, he would have scored more Goals than his ratio.. During Neymar's time@Barca, Messi allowed him to take freekicks n Penalties.. smiley

Ronaldo don allow anoda Person Take PenalTea for him Life once? sad

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Theevilone(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmm
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Pojaay(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2021
Now who’s the GOAT
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Theevilone(m): 9:27am On Sep 11, 2021
tranxo:

Messi is not selfish. If he was, he would have insisted on Jersey number 10, and this thread would have been a different subject.

Then the clubs involved also matter wrt fan base.
This your argument no follow at all, let’s forget jersey number and talk about the traffic generated when their various clubs announced their signing.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

When he was joining the 6th league in Europe to bully farmers, im no know shey ??
Shey una de compare France with the best league in the world ...clowns

Messi joined PSG because of the club's prospects.. They had Ramos, Wilnajdum, Donnarumma,etc..

He could have gone to City but the club were pursuing Grealish and Harry Kane..

So Don't Blame him.. Even Ronaldo could have been@PSG by now. He was going to City, until SAF called him.

So, Dats it.
Besides, Messi and Co could Give PSG dier dream UCL trophy!! tongue smiley.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by babajero(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2021
There is only one way to measure greatness, and that is if everyone uses you as a yardstick for the measurement of greatness. Messi is really great.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Let's see How it will go..
But
Ronaldo pursues Goal records slot. This has helped him.
But some True football analysts still believe Messi Represents the true components of Football..
Passing
Dribbling
Assisting
Scoring..

If Messi was too Goal-concious, he would have scored more Goals than his ratio.. During Neymar's time@Barca, Messi allowed him to take freekicks n Penalties.. smiley

Ronaldo don allow anoda Person Take PenalTea for him Life once? sad

U guys make me laugh...so whats any ones business that Messi leaves freekicks and penalties for someone else ( which he hardlyyyyyyyyyyyyy does) its his choice... if im a billionaire and I dash half of my wealth to charity, then I'm no longer a billionaire, imagine me now comparing myself with another billionaire and given excuses ...no one cares... dribbles ooo , assists ooo, feeekicks oooo all those na crap ...cos a goal supersedes all those other ones .... a goal is the only think that can win u games ...not dribbles or assists... Ronaldo has the record in the CL with highest complete dribbles in a game and has the highest assist in CL history also has more freekicks goals than messi ...his fans don't talk aboutvit cos its inconsequential..now u guys are just making a mockery of urselves talking about assists d dribbles...Ronaldo is heading to 37...no one dribbles effectively at that age

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Messi joined PSG because of the club's prospects.. They had Ramos, Wilnajdum, Donnarumma,etc..

He could have gone to City but the club were pursuing Grealish and Harry Kane..

So Don't Blame him.. Even Ronaldo could have been@PSG by now. He was going to City, until SAF called him.

So, Dats it.
Besides, Messi and Co could Give PSG dier dream UCL trophy!! tongue smiley.

So u think this present PSG team can defeat City?? Lol...ok... e no far again, na next week

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Babaj145(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Onelove508:

He is two year older, he started playing two year before, he has play more game.

By the end of the day when they are done playing, that's when ull know they are not mates

But y'all are always quick to point out that Ronaldo is not in messi's level, some will even go as far say he can't lace messi's boots..but yet when Ronaldo achieves a soccer milestone, y'all come out with your wide mouths and say Ronaldo started first..what is stopping y'all football God from beating average Ronaldo to all those records then?...ibrahimovic started playing before ronaldo but yet Ronaldo has beaten him to all records and awards..so what is stopping messi

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Benbellamor:
you mean penaldo grin grin grin

Shameeeee

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

Akuko... no b only double or triple...na x 1000...deluded fellow.... y im no reach am for Instagram..afterall that one na free

On Instagram, Ronaldo will definitely pass Messi..
The EPL and UK came into Play..

Messi has been in Barcelona, all his Life..

For example, Do you know Bukayo Saka will probably have more Instagram or Twitter Followers dan Erling Haaland due to EPL factor? sad
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Babaj145:

But y'all are always quick to point out that Ronaldo is not in messi's level, some will even go as far say he can't lace messi's boots..but yet when Ronaldo achieves a soccer milestone, y'all come out with your wide mouths and say Ronaldo started first..what is stopping y'all football God from beating average Ronaldo to all those records then?...ibrahimovic started playing before ronaldo but yet Ronaldo has beaten him to all records and awards..so what is stopping messi

Thank you very much...messi fans are not critical thinkers..thats how u know them
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Vinnie2000(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

So u think this present PSG team can defeat City?? Lol...ok... e no far again, na next week

They will beat Man City wella, if they want to..
Who be City?

City that lost 3x to Tuchel's Chelsea..
Chelsea go even Beat Dem Again on the 26th of dis month..
Next 2 Saturdays from now! U will see. sad lipsrsealed
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

On Instagram, Ronaldo will definitely pass Messi..
The EPL and UK came into Play..

Messi has been in Barcelona, all his Life..

For example, Do you know Bukayo Saka will probably have more Instagram or Twitter Followers dan Erling Haaland due to EPL factor? sad

Ronaldo fans don't do assumptions... we research b4 we comment...thats y we stand with Ronaldo the greatest cos research has shown he is better

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Onelove508: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

I had presented my opinion on those legends far away in another continent.

And you end yours by calling me 'clown'
And I assume you are a Nigerian like me.

You aren't educated or peaceful or both. Hope u know those two aren't enemies, we shouldn't be either. Football is love.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

They will beat Man City wella, if they want to..
Who be City?

City that lost 3x to Tuchel's Chelsea..
Chelsea go even Beat Dem Again on the 26th of dis month..
Next 2 Saturdays from now! U will see. sad lipsrsealed

No just run...we de here na...
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Kingcalls: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Onelove508:

I had presented my opinion on those legends far away in another continent.

And you end yours by calling me 'clown'
And I assume you are a Nigerian like me.

You aren't educated or peaceful or both. Hope u know those two aren't enemies, we shouldn't be either. Football is love.

Clown is not an insult...it simply shows u made me laugh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Genort Rohr Turns To Sebastian Osigwe, Swiss-born Goalkeeper / Man Utd Fans Rubbish Claims That Ronaldo Was A 'problem' After Stunning Goal / Why Manchester United Chose Erik Ten Hag As Their Next Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.