Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer (8813 Views)

Can I Call Myself A Good Programmer If I Only Know Visual Basic / Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer / [opinion] How To Recognise A Good Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by duduspace(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2011
babe, you can become anything you choose to become. People even do sex changes these days yu know. undecided
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by tboy1(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Womens prefar coooking and cleeening. PERIOD!!  angry
Moderators please can you delete this simpleton's post
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by DualCore1: 2:57pm On May 25, 2011
See what happens when they put us on front page sad
Now there's so many dudes in the $dudes_for_this_babe_to_choose_from[] sad

sisqology:

dualcore, where are u oh? i need u here asap, add me on yim

Dude how could you be needing me naw. Babe wey I want make e need me never even look my side sad
Sup? cool
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by medoski(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2011
the first  programmer in  the  world is  a  woman called Ada lovelace. read more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace

and http://digitsdotbooks..com/
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by hackney(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2011
@OP: why not? ? una dey crase?
whinsh kain quesion b dat? ? ?
wen chicks dey work for NASA and Silicon valley (MSoft)
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by jaybee3(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2011
My manager is a She and she is very good at her job
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by sisqology(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2011
dazzle37:

@ Op

Yes there is no crime in becoming a programmer, i am a female too and i also love programming, but i have never really contributed to this section of

nairaland because every time i come in here, i only see the ( M ) status so i did not want to be the odd one out or the only female in this section.

With the right tools and determination, you can be what ever you want to be. e.g for me,

its not just programming alone, i am also oracle certified, i studied oracle 10g, i run my oracle on linux not even on windows, windows is now strange to

me, not just that alone, i am also a software quality tester, software testing and auditing is actually a new aspect of IT in nigeria, Nigeria has not yet fully

explored that aspect of IT yet, And the funny part is not just that you know software testing, there is really alot of money in it too if you know your

onions but it is what i really love doing too. i like the challenges that comes with programming and managing or creating a

database, it keeps me going everyday, infact, i see it as part of my daily balance diet. LOL.i also come to nairaland programming section to read and learn

new stuffs everyday, though i have never

commented reason being that, i did not want to be the odd one out, the only female among the guys here.

so i really want to encourage you to do what you enjoy doing and the sky is your limit.

Dualcore, dhtml, na babe be this for una o, lst chance lol

Dual Core:

See what happens when they put us on front page sad
Now there's so many dudes in the $dudes_for_this_babe_to_choose_from[] sad

Dude how could you be needing me naw. Babe wey I want make e need me never even look my side sad
Sup? cool

hehe, u be ashy now, and asides, u nor fine, na why the babe no even look your side be that
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 25, 2011
@Dual Core love-vendor Geek .u know Womanizing is a bad habit but keep it up. wink
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nkonkonsa: 3:19pm On May 25, 2011
I am a female Computer programmer. Have been for 10 years. Aside from a good pay check, the respect factor is the same for both male and female.

I have found that as long as you can deliver, you are respected and appreciated irrespective of gender.

I am actually a bit shocked that you'd think your gender will be a hindrance, with that attitude you may find advancement in your chosen profession a bit intimidating. Because, 95% of programmers are men, and if you start feeling like you don't belong, it will show in your work, your attitude and general composure.

What I can say is, forget your gender, just be!
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by EgbeNak: 3:28pm On May 25, 2011
The answer to the question in a nutshell is "NO".
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by DualCore1: 3:48pm On May 25, 2011
Seun, you for just leave this thread for we we. The amount of bad traffic this thing is getting is annoying.
If this thing no dey front page some kolo pipz kno better than to come near Webmasters section with nonsense.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 25, 2011
The answer to the question in a nutshell is "NO".
Bloody Sexist
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by vislabraye(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2011
They say what a man can do, a woman can do better. Abi ? Let that be at the back of your mind.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by wolebaba(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2011
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by BabyCakes(f): 4:55pm On May 25, 2011
No!! you cannot become a very good programmer!! That job is only meant for men! I cant believe this is even a thread? A woman can be whatever she wants to be, you just have to work hard. wink
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 25, 2011
No!! you cannot become a very good programmer!! That job is only meant for men! I cant believe this is even a thread? A woman can be whatever she wants to be, you just have to work hard.
i can't tell if u actually meant No or Yes,as u seem to support both sides.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by MrCork17: 5:04pm On May 25, 2011
BabyCakes:

No!! you cannot become a very good programmer!! That job is only meant for men! I cant believe this is even a thread? A woman can be whatever she wants to be, you just have to work hard.  wink

Babycake. madam can u operate a electrick cookers or you nomaly fetch firewood?  undecided
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by idtop: 5:25pm On May 25, 2011
Wot a man can do,a woman can also do t better, all she nids s just full concentration.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Etin(f): 5:26pm On May 25, 2011
Your question to me seems like you are looking for someone to tell you you can not do it so you have an excuse to fail. Well if that is not the case and you really need motivation read up on the first computer programmer  Ada, Countess of Lovelace (1815 -1853) the limitations of her time did not stop her. In this age and time you definitely have more to support any course you take. I have been in this industry for about 10years and I have seen fantastic female and male programmers and have also seen a lot of crapy ones of both sexes too. Its all about applying your brains in a logical way.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by oluseyeade(m): 5:45pm On May 25, 2011
I have to say that women can't become very good programmers because I have experienced in my office that all the females developers code is always full of bugs and plus their logic isn't as strong to solve like really hard problems.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Winnerslfc(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2011
Yea!
Programing is something that is worth doing. When i haven't started programing, i always wonder how every little thing happens. But hey! Now, i am having fun with it.
@op,
u don't hav to wory of anytin provided your brains are up to the task cuz programing is all about logical thnughts. Also, programin can get frustratin at times especialy when u mis a tin witout knowin what.
Ah! I remember the day i almost cried cuz havin coded for hrs, d tin didn't work. It took me about 6hrs of croschekin only to discover that just an apostrophe was mising.
U need concentration and if GUYZ can do it, GURLZ can.

Lest i forget, my foundation in programin was layed by a female programer in USA her name is Jennifer Kyrin.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by DualCore1: 6:09pm On May 25, 2011
pc guru:

i can't tell if u actually meant No or Yes,as u seem to support both sides.

The first part of her post is sarcasm, the second part is her on a serious note.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by obowunmi(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Babycake. madam can u operate a electrick cookers or you nomaly fetch firewood?  undecided

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by emmatok(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2011
Going through this tread i noticed only  three females commented unlike the romance section.

Yes their are women programmer and any woman can be a programmer.

But programming and emotions don't mix.

Programming is all about LOGICS.

Thats why programmers are usually called NERDS OR GEEKS.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 25, 2011
TODO LIST FOR WOMEN

[s]1. Cleaning the house: washing plates, sweeting, washing all the clothes, cutting the grass, trimming the flowers, flushing the toilet
[/s][s]2. Cooking the meals: for the entire household and visiting relatives
[/s]3. Making babies. . . .
[s]4. Making the husband happy in every way
[/s]

[s]Programming is a dangerous trend for. . . .
[/s]

Awright, there is nothing wrong with a woman programming - so far as she does it better than cooking. . .
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by DualCore1: 7:19pm On May 25, 2011
Ha!!! My gf just proved that women can be programmers o!
See Barrister dey tell me about margins and php includes grin

erm. . . dim_kyky this doesnt change anything between us kiss
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 25, 2011
Dual Core:

Ha!!! My gf just proved that women can be programmers o!
See Barrister dey tell me about margins and php includes grin

erm. . . dim_kyky this doesnt change anything between us kiss
leave her for me, i will handle her - you already got one. . .

emmatok:

Going through this tread i noticed only  three females commented unlike the romance section.

Yes their are women programmer and any woman can be a programmer.

But programming and emotions don't mix.

Programming is all about LOGICS.

Thats why programmers are usually called NERDS OR GEEKS.

Well, i am neither a NERD nor a GEEK! i am simply d-h-t-m-l
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by talk2hb1(m): 8:07pm On May 25, 2011
Yu Geek yourself if and only if yu want to. Yu Nerd yourself if and only if yu want to. My social life is still intact, I still club with ma friends, hang out with ma babes, and do neighborhood gossip with ma younger ones.
So no big deal with programming, even self,
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Thirst4Lif: 8:21pm On May 25, 2011
A woman should be bold enough to become anything that she wants to become.

Very good answer. Women become doctors, lawyers, representatives in government, etc.

Why not a programmer?
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by natume: 8:25pm On May 25, 2011
a woman can be everything she desires if she is determined.
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by Theblessed(f): 8:52pm On May 25, 2011
[size=16pt]What ??  What kind of question is this?  Goes to show your level of respect for women.  How you guys belittle and undermine women yet, we gave birth to you.    

Look buddy, there's nothing a man can do, a woman can not do much better!

You see, we are:

Doctors, Engineers, Pilots, Accountants, Chemists, Physists, Mathematicians, Astronauts, Space Aircraft Engineers and we have been known to pilot Space Aircraft from this ground wey you stand into Space in the 1990's and we wanted to duck it in Space but your male egos, jealousy and insecurities set in at the moment of ducking and we were deprived from beating you guys hands down.  

Anyway, I leave you to chew on these when you go about asking such un-thought and irritating question.  

Once again, hear it now, "Yes, we can!!" And we had and are still doing it let alone, a simple thing as computer programming! Shock!!! shocked shocked shocked
[/size]
Re: Is There Any Chance That A Female Can Become A Very Good Programmer by DualCore1: 9:00pm On May 25, 2011
Typical romance thread.

Frontpage  angry

Outta here mehn, thread has lost its sense.
If only people could just shut up and let those in the field drop steps to help this lady climb her way through the bug infested ladder.

If the lady wanted general opinion on what a lady can do, she would know to hit the Romance section and face the typical crap that accompanies the section.

She came here cuz she wanted something more specific and thanks to the frontpage the romance crap made its way into this very quiet, peaceful and professional den.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Smart Card Plant Supports Expansion Of Financial Services To Poor / Python 3: Exercises And Solutions. / School Management System-SMS (version 1.7) Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.