Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business (15232 Views)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / Why Are Men Not Helping Each Other To Become Better Men? / 13 Billionaires Who Started Their Business With Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Chuky7(m): 9:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Ever had it bad?
Where they clashes?
Did you hate the person for life?
How much was involved?
What kind of venture did you go into?

6 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Oyerinde16(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
I have being wrecked severally trying to help... They don't care how you sweet to earn it, all the want is just give them, worst is they come back for more, its either u give them or they guilt trap you, or blackmail you, even when you try to end the friendship they keep coming back... If I have 100 friends, more than 50 are asking for financial help, just this morning 3 chats already.

The latest scam is bro I fit get 2k till month end

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by kikilove(f): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
grin
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Talk2sukky(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Really bad
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Lost 80k
Regretted later

19 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Philipmems(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Bozz01(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
It ended in tears embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by thatsleepboy1: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
I'm here to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmm I go come back come update una cry

2 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by DoggoneDogg: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
The ones wey still dey answer 'mummy thank you' go soon invade this thread with tall tales.

Aaaaaanndd we have our first contestant grin
Philipmems:
Don't do it, gave someone $5000 for almost 4 years now not a cent. Although it's nothing compared to what I earn monthly, it's just the principle and the betrayal that hurts.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by wunmi590(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
tongue
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Crossroad1(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Remember I helped a friend fund a photography business back then and it cost me..
When I needed this guy to help another friend who is not a mutual friend, the guy was short of cash and he needed photo and video for his wedding. So I contacted this my friend although I know he is not gonna do it for free but just reduce price from 900k to 300k cos of me, alaye stopped picking my call and when this my friend called him direct, this is what he said..
**shey because he help me set up business na why he dey follow me talk nonsense abi? Shey na him train me ni?
When I no get money go training center, shey him fund me ni? Oga if you no fit pay 850k,make una Bleep off..
This was recorded..
I just laugh it off..
This is someone I got camera for, drone and screens.
And even gave him some cash because he was just starting up then..
I told myself, if am gonna help people, I will help and do my own for God but that someone will now come and start forcing my hand, na curse the person go collect.

Am versed in photography, do photobook, frame and video, you will still have enough change from that 300k

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Safyqueen: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Rice farming
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Thinktwicemybro: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Before you fund someone business, let them start it from the scratch first.

12 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Leezah(f): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
cry

Someone gave my friend 1m to trade Crypto because he is quite good at it.

Two weeks after buying a coin, he made a 300K profit.The person was happy. Then he bought another coin that dipped and lost 100K from the 300K profit.The person began harassing him about losing her money

I mean, the 100K that was lost was from a profit. The capital is still there with a 200K profit IN TWO WEEKS the person didn't work for. Easy money, but the 100K loss from a money that isn't technically yours yet is what you're worked up about. Greed is a sin

One thing I've learnt from my little experience in dealing with Crypto (in fact all form of investment) is to NOT BE GREEDY, be grateful for little gains and always be ready for bad days. It is okay to lose as long as it doesn't bankrupt you. 1.2m from 1m is still profit $110 from $100 is still profit.

Btw, this friend of mine started trading during last year's lockdown and he's gotten quite good at it. He recently initiated me.

If you're yet to key into the race of the moment, you should. Start off by getting tips from those experienced in the business (but don't be greedy)

One of the best ways to start off is by following this ****(check my signature) on telegram for signals for trading. I'd recommend them for crypto, stock and Forex where they have expertise.

You can join and benefit from their guidance/tips and other advance services.

Simple advice, don't trade for anyone!
The psychological stamina when trading with your money is different from when you trade with other people's money because if things go south, you can recoup it yourself but when it's other people's funds, you'll be pressured.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Komolafe89: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by DrGill(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
It will end in premium tears grin grin grin
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by iamyemiakins(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
Except you're helping without expecting any form of returns. Else, it will end in tears.

This I have seen grin

15 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
The average Nigerian is an ungrateful person so nowadays I care less.

23 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Lekute: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
grin
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by SONYCITY: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
help 2 nw
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Hmm. Just help with what you can afford to loose, most people won't remember the good you do.

99 good + 1 bad = 100 bad.
Safe

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
I've got tonnes of encouraging words but I no fit try that shiiiiiii...

Na just last year pesin burn my cable for investment na him I go con reason support pesin business with funds, I meuve..

3 Likes

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by jamuta(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Just like oil and water business with friends doesn't often mix, except both of you can define your business relationship clearly. Trust and Respect are the watch words.

1 Like

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Xscape047: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
They will format your mental setting
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by paulolee(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
my dad made dt mistake n the gee change am for am when profits started raining..
it was a transport business n my dad loaned him 500k back then and they both agreed on 20% interest..
when the business click, the man sideline my dad, change sim, bought more vehicles, built ous in village n rented a new ous in lag..
no be small wahala o, my dad was even begging for his 500k back and the so called friend just gave him 300k and said he would complete it letter n dt was how he finally left for Ghana up till now.
but even with all these, my dad keep saying dt he av forgiven him n keep telling us dt we shouldn't allow the wrongs of that his friend make us lose respect for him if we ever see him n also we shouldn't transfer d sins of that man on his children if they need our help letter in life..

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Vipro(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
lipsrsealed about to..
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by nenyeRitta(f): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” —

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Aloetu: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
wink
Re: Experience With Helping Friends Fund Their Business by Awise09(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2021
Just help a doctor to procured some organic drugs to move his career forward since then, no shishi has paid to me. Money that would have feshed me million by now.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!! / What Bad Managers, Good Managers, And Great Managers Do / 5 Effective Ways To Get A Lazy Person To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.