Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World (27211 Views)

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona / Braithwaite: "I Won't Wash After Hugging Messi" As Messi Scores 4 In A Game / Juan Cuadrado Gives His Number 7 Jersey To Ronaldo Voluntarily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by oluwaseyi02(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes he should be considered the equal of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in the debate over the world's greatest player.

The 39-year-old Swedish striker, still going strong at AC Milan, has enjoyed a hugely successful career at nine clubs in seven countries, scoring 502 goals.

Yet despite never winning the Champions League or the Ballon d'Or - honours won multiple times by both Ronaldo and Messi - Ibrahimovic says he shouldn't be regarded as inferior to them.

'If you're talking about intrinsic qualities, I have nothing less than them,' he told France Football magazine.

'If you look at the trophies… yes, I didn't win the Champions League.

'But I don't know how you calculate it. I'm not obsessed with it because when you do good things collectively, the individual follows. The individual cannot be good if the collective is not good.

'[Do] I miss the Ballon d'Or? No, it is the Ballon d'Or that misses me! Deep down, I think I'm the best player in the world.

'I don't think it's relevant to compare players with each other. Everyone has played in their generation, with different team-mates… [it is] difficult to compare. I think everyone has their story and should face it.'

Despite playing for the likes of Juventus, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, Ibrahimovic has never succeeded in winning the Champions League.

Milan will play in Europe's top competition this season for the first time since 2013-14, but Ibrahimovic is fast running out of opportunities to win it as he approaches 40.

They have been paired with Atletico Madrid, Liverpool and Porto in a tricky group.

He hasn't played for Milan yet this season but they won their two opening Serie A matches against Sampdoria and Cagliari. They host Lazio on Sunday.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, is poised to make the first appearance of his second spell at Manchester United when they host Newcastle United in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon.

He returned to the Old Trafford club after leaving Juventus in a deal worth an initial £12.85m.

Messi also moved over the summer, signing for PSG from Barcelona. He made his debut for the club against Reims before the international fortnight.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Seniorwriter(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2021
Zlatan is great player.

Most soccer player are good or great.

Howbeit

LIONEL MESSI is a SOCCER LION!

&
CRISTIANO RONALDO is a SOCCER TIGER!

akanbiaa:
In summary Ibrahimovic is a soccer hyena baa?

DeAlphaMale:

And tigers are stronger than lions... I get the point now

So many opinions in respect to my analogy of the present day soccer gods!

@SENIORWRITER

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by paulolee(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2021
I so much like this gee for his ego, his confident n the way he carries n sees himself..
we all know zlatan is a unique player BT not at dt level of cr7 n messi dt av been In the highest zone for decades..
its not easy winning, playing n topping all headlines for more than a decade, dt consistency hardly comes by..
the only edge zlatan av above dm is longetivity bcox d gee is clocking 40 this year n still active in top level football...its not easy atall...

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by paulolee(m): 11:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Zlatan is great player.

Most soccer player are good or great.

Howbeit

LIONEL MESSI is a SOCCER LION!

&
CRISTIANO RONALDO is a SOCCER TIGER!

@SENIORWRITER
yeah...zlatan is a great player too but not at dt level of those two aliens..
interviewer- why taking a "strange number 21 instead of 9 or 11 on ur return to Milan??
zlatan- i want to show the world that am 3 times better than Juve cr7.
interviewer- how do u feel hearing vela winning the best player in mls and him saying he deserve the award more than you?
zlatan- nothing to say but tell him that when I was his age, I was busy conquering europe, winning trophies n awards n not in mls..

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Ishilove: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2021
When I saw 'Zlatan' in the heading, I was wondering what business Zlatan Ibile had with Messi and Ronaldo

193 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by yanabasee2: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ishilove:
When I saw 'Zlatan' in the heading, I was wondering what business Zlatan Ibile had with Messi and Ronaldo

He wants the attention too.....

But in this era, it's all about CR7 and Messi.....

TheGift:

You missed the joke, the commenter was talking about Zlatan IBILE, the Nigerian musician who made waves for about a year or so, then faded away

Lol..... I missed the joke.....

Thanks.... I got it now...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by hatakekakashi: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
paulolee:

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by hatakekakashi: 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
paulolee:

Wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by GeneralPula: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
It’s true..

Dude is good..

7 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Okortor: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Cr7 is the only real goat.

Like for CR7, share for Messi.

177 Likes 184 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by WiszyFraud: 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Football is only lucky to have Zlatan Ibrahimovich

cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Princeadebayo11(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
When I first saw Zlantan, I thought it's our singer here in Nigeria ooo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by chiedu7: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just like Buhari things is the best President of all time

5 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Ancecoker(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
shocked
Ronaldo is a scam

I'll pick Zlatan over Penaldo a billion times

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by merits(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin ode,mumu, how much he has compared to those two legends!dindinrin buruku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Bar1941(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2021
Zlatan the slaughterer

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Justinlean02(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
In his own right, he's definitely a super star player cool

7 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by robosky02(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Of course he is

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Larrykkk: 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
This dude Sha wants to be relevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Juventus4life: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Zlatan.
The basket mouth .
Even small Carlos Vela disgrace you at American League.

2 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Penguin2: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
If he was as good as Ronaldo and Messi, the world would have put him there without him asking.

He is a great player, yes.

But not in the League of CR7 and Messi. Those two are aliens.

8 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by AroleOduduwa2: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Messi has suffered o, imagine every d!ck and harry comparing themselves to him. If Messi was European there will be no debate as to who is the greatest.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Pavore9: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ishilove:

Thought so too. cheesy
Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by COOL10(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ibracadabra wink

4 Likes

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Timekeeper: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
Lo
Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by ICCtestimony(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
oluwaseyi02:

https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/Headline
Oga work hard before you retire. For stubbornness I grade you A plus than them

1 Like

Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by beautyfunke(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
Zlatan ... what to be recognized as one of the GOAT
Re: Zlatan Considers Himself Equal To Ronaldo & Messi As The Best In The World by Razkoda: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nymphidis !!! The beast !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Nigeria In Group D With Egypt, Sudan & Guinea Bissau / Disappointed Mourinho Makes Interesting Press Statements About The New Season / AFCON: Aubameyang, Lemina diagnosed with heart lesions, sent back to clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.