Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,494 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? (27442 Views)

Fixed Odometer Won't Get Past 0 / How Do You Know If Odometer Figures Are In Miles Or Km / My Car Odometer Is Not Changing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Newboss(m): 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
CocoaOla:

You need to evaluate your mental health sir

If you cannot read to understand

Relative to income, no country has more outrageously unaffordable Bills than Nigeria, look at food inflation being 18000% since the 80s..how much has income increased? Abroad you can easily afford your Bill's when you're fully employed but in Nigeria u cant.

You're still missing the point.

The price of freshly imported cars affects the price of locally used cars. It's simple economics. We're not talking about abroad but our local economy here in Nigeria.

My last reply to you.
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by CocoaOla: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
Newboss:

You're still missing the point.

The price of freshly imported cars affects the price of locally used cars. It's simple economics. We're not talking about abroad but our local economy here in Nigeria.

My last reply to you.

1 Naira is going to #1000 soon you are saying trash Nigeria is Bad with stupid people living in there

Very soon you will buy one sachet of pure water for like #500 then you will wake up from your slumber

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by BennyDGreat: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Newboss:

You're reasoning in the wrong direction.

Inflation is a major factor. Price of freshly imported cars affects price of locally used cars.

The inflation in the country today isn't unassociated with the foolish Economic Policies.

A nation with solid Economic policies/ real time administration of justice will go far

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Bobxin: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
how do you come to this conclusion ?
"Bad roads" I guess
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by HEAVEN4444: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bobxin:

"Bad roads" I guess
bad roads only affect suspension and tyre.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Reference(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Engines of most automobile models can run well into 7 figure milages.
The key first of all is the luck in getting a vehicle with a quality engine off the production line in the first place then a first or series of owners that diligently maintained the unit with OEM parts and then obviously driven in a relatively benign environment.

These three factors put to get her are very, very, few and far between.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by sonnie10: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Freezby2020:

Sincerely speaking, I have done 185km/hr in 2010 with my Honda Accord, Baby Boy. On my way to Kano State from Abuja. I was very young and extremely in my mid-forty then. But can't go beyond 120-130 now max out of fear of course.

You were very young at mid forty? This here has changed my mindset from today
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by GloShare(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
CocoaOla:

1 Naira is going to #1000 soon you are saying trash Nigeria is Bad with stupid people living in there

Very soon you will buy one sachet of pure water for like #500 then you will wake up from your slumber

You're too stubborn to learn.

A used car costs 1m in 2015. USD at the time was 250/$ so the importer may have bought it for $3k+other expenses.

Now, if an importer buys a used car for sale $3k, he will sell for 2m because usd is now 500/$.

So even though the car depreciates, the value is higher because of inflation ad exchange rates.

Because these imported cars are now expensive due to exchange rates, people will be forced to look at locally used ones.

When locally used sellers see many customers, they increase the price of their cars and benefit from competition.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by CocoaOla: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
GloShare:

A used car costs 1m in 2015. USD at the time was 250/$ so the importer may have bought it for $3k+other expenses.

Now, if an importer buys a used car for sale $3k, he will sell for 2m because usd is now 500/$.

So even though the car depreciates, the value is higher because of inflation ad exchange rates.

Because these imported cars are now expensive due to exchange rates, people will be forced to look at locally used ones.

When locally used sellers see many customers, they increase the price of their cars and benefit from competition.

You are suffering from black slavery mad mentality diseases

Please read to understand
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Bngf: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Millions
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by CocoaOla: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
GloShare:

Now, if an importer buys a used car for sale $3k, he will sell for 2m u usd is now 500/$.

You and family may suffer it by the time 1dollar equal to 1000
What is Nigeria’s inflation rate?

How can A sardine be sold for N650?

Our second highest currency note cannot buy 1 Titus sardine?

A family size loaf of bread is N700?

South Africans will shut down their country if food prices go this High,

Egyptians will do worse.

You are a lazy fool

Oloriburu media cow
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by CocoaOla: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
GloShare:

Relative to income, no country has more outrageously unaffordable Bills than Nigeria, look at food inflation being 18000% since the 80s..how much has income increased? Abroad you can easily afford your Bill's when you're fully employed but in Nigeria u cant.
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Emeka71:
My cousins Sienna has limit of 280; and sometimes on the highway; he runs the speedometer to the very last and the speed is still increasing.

Which year model ??
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Sammology: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Emeka71:
My cousins Sienna has limit of 280; and sometimes on the highway; he runs the speedometer to the very last and the speed is still increasing.
Which Nigerian road he run am forgetting the fact say no be speedometer we Dey talk of
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by waploger(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
gly2ken:
Today I saw a car with an Odometer above 500,000km. What is the highest you have seen. Picture attached.

i think the highest i have seen is 900,000km...
i was shocked but since its Dominic Torreto grin
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Aganju849: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
CocoaOla:
How exactly are we not worried that a car that cost like N1,400,000 around 5 years ago now costs like N4,000,000+ .....when it should cost around 800k - 900k after 5 years?

The car must be depreciating abroad but appreciating in Nigeria

Stupid Nigerians and foolish
economy policies has turned liabilities into assets. NIGERIANS ARE COLOSSAL FOOLS

I keep telling them grin

They only start thinking when food, money or sex is directly/immediately involved. Now everyone is selling PTA and the naira is in a death spiral. Shortsightedness...

Just yesterday or so Emefiele was honoured for burying the naira. The King of Fools himself.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by sirblend: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
sonnie10:

You were very young at mid forty? This here has changed my mindset from today

When he says "very young" at mid forties it is very possible he might have doubled that age now
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by sonnie10: 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
sirblend:

When he says "very young" at mid forties it is very possible he might have doubled that age now

He said it was with a 2010 Honda. Lets even assume he bought the car brand new in 2010 and the said incident also happened same year when he was in his mid forty. Now, 2010 till today 2021 is just 11 years.

How does 11years added to forty something years make it double?

His current age cannot be more than 57 plus or minus 2.

Have you heard of mid life crises? As a generally note, from mid forties, the correct age classification term is Mid-life, time when you begin to soberly reflect on what you have done with your life do far. No one is very young at mid forties.
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by lakefist(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
chloride6:

Nice...

I recently bought a car with 300k on it..

Runs great

Nice to know mileage isn't a guillotine.

My highlander came with 400k and still out perform my wife's big daddy with barely 100k
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Danisaint112(m): 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
My advice; don't buy a car with an Odometer above 150,000 Cars like that have the potential of failing fast and making you spend a lot of money in mechanic workshop.

WhatsApp me on ==> 07043132020

To learn how to how to import clean and durable tokunbo car from the U.S and Canada while saving not less than N500,000 naira on each car purchase.
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by TOPAI7(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
nedekid:
My Honda pilot is 205,000 miles or 330, 000 kilometers.
Same engine. Never changed. Infact it wount have been touched if not for when the timing belt cut at ore Expressway.
Bought it when it was 130k miles or 210k kilometers 9 years ago.

Honda pilot is a great SUV.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by lookingfly: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
as you are doing 100 are villagers not involved ? try to do 100 on any american road you are going to jail
na naija we de ooo�
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by HEAVEN4444: 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
lookingfly:
na naija we de ooo�
The point here is that at 100 if tyre bust you done die be that. but at 70 you can still control it and survive
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by Angbakpa(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Reference:
Engines of most automobile models can run well into 7 figure milages.
The key first of all is the luck in getting a vehicle with a quality engine off the production line in the first place then a first or series of owners that diligently maintained the unit with OEM parts and then obviously driven in a relatively benign environment.

These three factors put to get her are very, very, few and far between.

Grammer....biko kowatiate
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by lookingfly: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=HEAVEN4444 post=105754020] The point here is that at 100 if tyre bust you done die be that. but at 70 you can still control it and survive[/quotep] oga if you Don ever drive for airport road Abuja, you go know say my 100 na joke considering the way some people go fly pass you for that road. Those once de probably de run 240 and above. God go safe us last last because you fit de 70 jejely but person fit still come hit you. So, how you wan escape that one?
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by HEAVEN4444: 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=lookingfly post=105754866][/quote]
you go know say my 100 na joke considering the way some people go fly pass you for that road. Those once de probably de run 240 and above.
you no dey see there picture for nairaland everyday ? car crash all 5 passengers died, car crash all 4 passengers died, car crash all 12 passengers died ? e dey frontpaGE for nairaland everyday na
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by GloShare(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
CocoaOla:

You and family may suffer it by the time 1dollar equal to 1000
What is Nigeria’s inflation rate?

How can A sardine be sold for N650?

Our second highest currency note cannot buy 1 Titus sardine?

A family size loaf of bread is N700?

South Africans will shut down their country if food prices go this High,

Egyptians will do worse.

You are a lazy fool

Oloriburu media cow

My family can't suffer

I am not in nigeria

I earn in $

Very good job with benefits.

Now between you and I, who's living a pathetic life?
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by 2tec(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Master the art of creating short and interesting videos and thrive in the digital world.

The one-day training offers participants an incredible opportunity to independently and confidently plan, shoot and edit exciting short videos to tell inspiring stories.

Click https://wildlifeafrica.org/2021/08/30/smartphone-video-for-social-media-svsm-2021/ to register.

Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by yankison(m): 3:18am On Sep 13, 2021
CocoaOla:
How exactly are we not worried that a car that cost like N1,400,000 around 5 years ago now costs like N4,000,000+ .....when it should cost around 800k - 900k after 5 years?

The car must be depreciating abroad but appreciating in Nigeria

Stupid Nigerians and foolish
economy policies has turned liabilities into assets. NIGERIANS ARE COLOSSAL FOOLS

Bro i just don't know what is wrong with our people .. maybe they just like suffering .u wil tell them truth they will mock u ,they prioritize shits. I wish i have a way out
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by yankison(m): 3:20am On Sep 13, 2021
GloShare:

My family can't suffer

I am not in nigeria

I earn in $

Very good job with benefits.

Now between you and I, who's living a pathetic life?

Stop the rubbish jor .. that is what we are saying ..coz u now live outside nigeria now means u can mock people in here ?
Assholes
Re: What Is The Highest Car Odometer Reading You Have Seen? by GloShare(m): 6:09am On Sep 13, 2021
yankison:

Stop the rubbish jor .. that is what we are saying ..coz u now live outside nigeria now means u can mock people in here ?
Assholes

Goat.

Who started the insults?

Who was cursing at the other?

Go baff

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! / Motorists Stop To Allow Cattle In Abuja Cross A Major Road / New Range Rover Evoque Wins Best SUV/Crossover Car Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.