Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? (14719 Views)

How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just After sex grin
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Lotti(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
Depends on the man's pocket grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by LegalOpinion: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
It should not be more than 26 years.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Bonab: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
As LONG as both of you are certain and determined that you can live together as husband and wife

Courtships are usually long when one person is not ready to settle or there is doubts. But when the people involved are ready and wants the same thing, they tend to hurry thing; say 3 to 6 months they're talking wedding.

Note: whenever you're in doubt about him /her give it more time. Don't let the pressure make you hurry into marriage.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by YelloweWest: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
6 months max! If they not ready move on. Life is short, no time to waste

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by bmdmix11: 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Payperboii:
Baba e no concern me.
I get sure Aza.
Any country I go deliver
until aza tear u begin off phone
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by SATELLITENET: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Burnaboy spotted watching Manchester United match live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASQ32TagXD0
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by koyyess: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
8 months to a year is fine.
FYI, be friends first before you start dating. The courtship period is to know if you are both compatible as a couple.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by egunna(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
udokofootball:
atleast a year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXjl4fTiLWQ
Is this how u want to promote ur channel?too much noise ND repetition.
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by akdjr(m): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just find a beautiful girl and start having kids. If u like court, date, go on many vacation with your bae you will still face a different person in both of you when u finally marry.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Bolarineliza202: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Katier00:
First is there any difference between dating and courtship?
As far as I am corncerned their is no difference
Dating (to form a romantic relationship with someone) which leads to courtship(to woo someone in love usually with the intention of marriage).
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by stevups(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Six months and if nothing meaningful is in sight then you go your separate ways.
you make sense

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by bukatyne(f): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
Depends on the stage of life you meet yourselves.

The younger you both are, the longer you court and/or afford to.

This talk of not knowing someone finish:

If you open your eyes well, you will know someone's major characters and can decide if you want to continue or move on.

Sometimes, people focus on the symptoms (an exhibition of a character) than the disease (the character).

For instance;

Saying a man doesn't like women talking back at him instead of seeing that he is condescending towards women;

Saying a woman is argumentative instead of seeing that she has a victimhood mentality/low self-esteem/rancorous

Saying a man is tight fisted instead of seeing he is selfish or doesn't love you.

Etc. Etc.

When the person now starts to exhibit other traits of that character, you say they have changed or they were pretenders undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Skseries: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ochecanny2:
I personally think it largely depends on the individuals involved,
but 1-2 years could be enough for any two individuals to perfectly consider thier mutual compatibility.
then that's dating not courtship. Courtship doesn't take long at all,

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by almarthins(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ochecanny2:
but 1-2 years could be enough for any two individuals to perfectly consider thier mutual compatibility.

Maximum 1 yr. If nothing happens thereafter. Abeg lose hope. grin me my own no go pass 8 months.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by almarthins(m): 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
bukatyne:

If you open your eyes well, you will know someone's major characters and can decide if you want to continue or move on.

Sometimes, people focus on the symptoms (an exhibition of a character) than the disease (the character).

For instance;

Saying a man doesn't like women talking back at him instead of seeing that he is condescending towards women;

Saying a woman is argumentative instead of seeing that she has a victimhood mentality/low self-esteem/rancorous

Saying a man is tight fisted instead of seeing he is selfish or doesn't love you.

Etc. Etc.

When the person now starts to exhibit other traits of that character, you say they have changed or they were pretenders undecided

I tell you. Very correct

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by adexpa(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
The only person that should be looking for who to marry is a man/woman who's ready to marry, a woman/man who understands what it takes to be married and ready to face the responsibilities, a man/woman who's ready financial and emotional. Relationship/courtship for this set of people should not more than 6-12 months. A relationship with clear objectives coupled with specific definition. These set of people knows what they are looking for and can identify those things in few months.

Any other relationship outside this is a waste/fun and not meaningful. People who are not ready for marriage should not be looking for something serious, they can have fun with whoever that got the time as they got too but there shouldn't be commitments because heartbroken is guaranteed, somebody will waste money and somebody will waste body.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by EmperorTolson: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Payperboii:
Baba e no concern me.
I get sure Aza.
Any country I go deliver
Bless me
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by frozen70(f): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
Six months and if nothing meaningful is in sight then you go your separate ways.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by kwasoly(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ochecanny2:

Courting is 6months Max else to your tent oh isreal.

1 Like

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by CXLVII: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
15 years averagely
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by ityP(m): 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Bolarineliza202:
8 months to a year is enough but not compulsory.
No matter how long you stayed in a relationship you can never know the character of your partner,some will even hide their character while courting but once they are married they would unleash the dragon in them.

Actually, this isn't true. Most times, people see these bad characters, but desperation and mumu love still make them to give excuses. You see them minimizing the faults of their partner. I agree though, that you don't need to date for too long to see your partner for what he or she truly is
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by ityP(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
bukatyne:

For instance;

Etc. Etc.

You made so much sense from the beginning, but you drifted later. Your bias became clearly seen
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by spiceadole: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ochecanny2:

3-12months
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by wonseun(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hmmm.

This is a good question.
I think as long as both of them are faithful and love each other...

2 years Sha smiley
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Focusmind: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
I didn't do any courtship with my current wife. We fixed wedding after meeting 2 times. We are now 8 years in marriage. I never married those I courted.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Cousin9999: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
It depends on the individuals. Some people take longer than others to figure out if they can't stand someone. grin
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Payperboii(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
Warriboy12345:
For govt funds nkor ?
anything bro.
+1(913) 346-1513
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by raphy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
If u like some one and u start dating aaffer 6 months go see her parents.. after another 6 months do the introduction no waste time ..if money de ya hand love is good
Re: How Long Do You Think Courtship Should Take? by Olawaleslimfit(m): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tuale Sir
socialmediaman:
For younger people in their 20s, no rush, take your time and know what you want in life first and then what you want for each other to help build that life. For people in their 30s and early 40s who want to start a family, it shouldn’t last too long and you both should have difficult conversations about what your values and ideals about life are, so you don’t waste each other’s time trying to change each other.

For older couples in late 40s and above, there should be no rush in getting married, you should be sure that’s what you both want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? / What If You Just Found Out That Your Parents Ain't Really UR Biological Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.