Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Ronaldo 'super Nervous' Ahead Of His Second Debut For Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo 'super Nervous' Ahead Of His Second Debut For Manchester United (146 Views)

Nigerian Striker, Josh Maja Scores Twice On His Premier League Debut For Fulham / Mikel Gets A Yellow Card On His Debut For Trabzonspor / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Scores Four Goals On His Debut For Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo 'super Nervous' Ahead Of His Second Debut For Manchester United by OptimistSky(m): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo confirmed he was "super nervous" ahead of his second Manchester United debut against Newcastle United on Saturday.

The former Juventus striker lit up Old Trafford, opening the scoring before half-time and restoring the hosts' lead following Javier Manquillo's equaliser.

Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard added late strikes to seal win for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, who have 10 points from their opening four Premier League games this season.

Aged 36 years and 218 days, Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo is the oldest player to score a brace in a Premier League match since Graham Alexander for Burnley against Hull City in April 2010 (38y 182d).

His return to Manchester United after a 12-year absence looked seamless, but Ronaldo admitted he was tense about proving he could still contribute to the Red Devils' title challenge.

"I didn't expect to score two goals. I expect one but not two. I have to appreciate the fans and what they did to me today. I feel so proud for that," Ronaldo told BBC Sport.

"The most important thing was to win and to win games. Manchester United needs to be where they deserve. It is to win, to build the team and build the club and the mentality.

"This is what we are looking for. Of course, I am happy to score goals I am not going to deny that but the most important thing is the team and the team played good.

"It is unbelievable. When I started the game I was so nervous, I swear. It is normally because I did not expect that they would sing my name all game.

"I was very nervous but maybe I didn’t show but I was. I was super nervous and was thinking last night that I wanted to play good and show I was still capable of helping the team.

Read Full Article Here>>>> https://optimistchannel.com/11/09/2021/cristiano-ronaldo-super-nervous-ahead-of-his-second-debut-for-manchester-united/
Re: Ronaldo 'super Nervous' Ahead Of His Second Debut For Manchester United by paulolee(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
no b lie

(1) (Reply)

Leeds United Vs Liverpool / 'competitive' Bayern Head Into Europe Boosted By Leipzig Reinforcements / Get Uefa Champion League Betting Sure Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.