Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,733 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (838082 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Percaput: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ninisun:

You are a Nutritionist, should apply for Nutrition Assistant.
A dietetic Assistant needs a qualification or training in form of internship.

Okay
I'll work towards both.
Thank you very much..
I really appreciate this.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Percaput: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
dee1504:

Work experience? Internship? You know you have to complete your internship to be a Dietician, and Dieticians are hotcakes too. Just ensure you have a foolproof CV and no one will ever reject you.

The ones i had applied for really didn't specify, i just applied since the person and desirable specification only stated a certificate in Nutrition.
I've not done internship
Was thinking if i get the offer, I'll go through it as a training and then take exams.
I'll work on it as well
Thank you very much
I'll appreciate further inputs. im much open to corrections.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ceejayenebeli: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Uzland:

Hello, Peaceka. Hopefully our brother Dee1504 can be of help to you. He's a Clinical Physiologist. Cheers.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ceejayenebeli: 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ceejayenebeli: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2022
dee1504:

Firstly, I'm the 'HE'.

I processed the registration and applied from here in Nigeria. I got registered HERE IN NIGERIA.

The job is regulated but registration was not a requirement, the NHS Trust was supposed to help with it but I got registered because other jobs required it.

I did not take any exams, only submitted CV and credentials. COS came long after registration.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by wowdiva: 6:43am On Jan 10, 2022
gistbite:

Which certificate would you advise I get?
You can Google 15 standard of care or go to the site below

https://www.reed.co.uk/courses/diploma-in-health-social-care/289964

4 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by calmsuccess: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Dee2016:
When applying for health care visa, is it true there's no healthcare surcharge?

Yes
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by calmsuccess: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2022
Damsyangel23:
Please I want someone to clarify the following

1. Does your passport determine how many years working visa ?
2. If your qorking visa is 3years does if mean after 3years you will come back to Nigeria
3. If your visa expire can you renew it or what are you expect to do ?

Thanks �

1. No
2. No
3. Yes, you can renew it in UK

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by billyboy(m): 8:16am On Jan 10, 2022
Good morning, please some of these info people ask of here are boldy stated on the uk immigration site. I suggest once in a while, do a light reading or google it up. You will always have answers like instantly. In opportunities that are emerging or not so clear, it is understood if you ask. It serves you better to know things if you check them up once in a while.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dotman23(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2022
dee1504:

Keep trying, NEVER GIVE UP. I know someone who has done 4 interview without success, whereas I got mine on 1st interview after over 40 applications. You didn't get the job because there's someone more qualified than you. Keep improving yourself and keep improving your CV on Trac jobs. As long as they keep shortlisting you, you're very much qualified. Your Good News is on the way.

Don't forget to share your qualifications and work experiences to help others on this thread.
Big boss, I am currently practicing as a Cardiac Physiologist in naija, I have have applied via NHS and I have had like 5 MSteams interviews now, but all always come back as unsuccessful, I even applied as a clinical support worker, i was selected but offer was withdrawn at the point of getting COS.

Please is there anything I am not doing right.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pimper24: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2022
Found an opening but it requires SQV Level 2 qualification. I have HND in Public Health with several years of environmental and clinical health experience.

I want to know the equivalence of the SQV Level 2 pls.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mboi: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
How can one obtain the NVQ certificate in Nigeria, what's the process. I understand its also a major requirement for securing social care work in UK
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
Tfsho:
Training was done online....uk institute. Don't know the name but will ask her

Good day, please where you able to get the name of the UK institute for the child care NVQ 3 certification
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
Beedollas:
Hi everyone, wonderful job in here, thank you.
Please I need to clarify this....

I planned to apply for the about to be lunched carers and home support workers Visa, but here's my challenge.

I am a single parent (widow) with 2 children who'll be turning 7 and 5 years this year respectively. It is speculated that we can apply with our dependants too.

* I have an option to apply with them at once , or just myself then bring them in later maybe after 6 months... My question is ;

*Since I'll be the only available person to come back and pick them, Are those with work permit allowed to leave the country (Uk) within such period of time?

*Would you advise I apply with them at once , and if we're given Visa, I go at once with them or come back and pick them later?

*Or I apply just for me, then when I land and probably get my foot settled, I apply for them to join me (ofcourse this means I'll have to come back to Naija and pick them)

Thank you in anticipation �

Good evening, is the route formally opened?
Have you applied?

Help us with update please
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by leakage01: 7:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
Help I have been trying to register with Ecctis but i keep getting this error message even when everything inputted is right

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please has anyone trained and obtained the level 3 diploma in health and social care certificate from London Professional Training Centre in Nigeria and used it to travel under the Health and Care visa scheme?

I’m asking this because I am trying to ascertain whether they are a legit recognized training centre from the UK.

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tfsho: 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
@Richdee1
Tfsho:
This information is for people looking for training institution that offer 1 year training on relevant NVQ level 3 qualifications acceptable for health and care related jobs.
I have personally seen vacancies that demand for NVQ level 2 qualifications as minimum qualification for health and care related jobs. So level NVQ 3 is just perfect.
Johnacademy.co.uk.....courses are very cheap but yet very indepth and challenging. The quality of training even though it's virtual is just amazing.

This journey is PH(per head) and if u feel u can make the most of this opportunity good, If u feel otherwise u r still not wrong.
The resilience needed to be successful in this is not child's play . All the best to everyone

Dee1504 kindly share your experience in regards to job applications, interview and timeline of the entire process . This will go a long way to help everyone on this thread.
Shout out to Uzland for doing the most.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by VirusOO7(m): 4:49am On Jan 11, 2022
please do ooo...
God bless you.
Itstemi10:
Guys, I can volunteer to start contacting Nursing agencies. I only need to walk into their office and let them know my Sisters and brothers are willing to work. They are DESPERATELY short staffed in the UK and all agencies are looking for workers but the oyibos are not answering them because they get monetary benefits that pays more than full time Care job.

I will need to set up some sort of consultation on LinkedIn and can start meeting the Care and Nursing agencies soon ( Or even the NHS directly)
I believe they will ask for your application and forward their interest and pre employment letter to the home office too.
Good luck to all of you.
All the Indians and Polish will get it if we don't act fast.
If you want me to contact them please show your interests below.
Well-done guys.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 5:57am On Jan 11, 2022
Good morning fam, please is NVQ level 3 same as obtaining a level 3 diploma in John Academy Uk?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mboi: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2022
Mboi:
How can one obtain the NVQ certificate in Nigeria, what's the process. I understand its also a major requirement for securing social care work in UK
Guys please, anyone with information on the above, kindly educate us. Thanks.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2022
Dotman23:

Big boss, I am currently practicing as a Cardiac Physiologist in naija, I have have applied via NHS and I have had like 5 MSteams interviews now, but all always come back as unsuccessful, I even applied as a clinical support worker, i was selected but offer was withdrawn at the point of getting COS.

Please is there anything I am not doing right.

Hey bro. Sorry about the unsuccessful interviews, it's all part of the experience. I can assure you that as long as you keep getting called up for interviews, you're doing your best. There just may be someone who is equally or more qualified than you that is already in the UK.

However, it is advisable to do a self-assessment. Go through your unsuccessful interview applications, is there something you put there e.g Echocardiography, Pacemaker programming, etc., that is false or you could not adequately defend it during the interviews? Do you have a B.Sc in Physiology? Is your profile up-to-date? Are there other skills they requested for but you don't have? How good was your internet connection during the interview? Lastly, how good is your spoken English? If you can tick all these boxes, I can assure you that your "Congratulations, we are pleased to offer you..." email is on the way.

Also, if you were applying for Band 6/7 roles before, try applying for Band 5 and let's see how it goes. It's quite easy to move up to Band 6 once you're here.

Keep improving yourself, keep applying and NEVER GIVE UP.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2022
Oh yes, I have that already. Thank you

Bluetherapy:

Make sure to get your late husband's death certificate if you haven't. You will need it if you want to take the kids abroad!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mikeayus(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thanks for sharing, please what CV app(s) do you recommend?

RennyKitty:
To others who are hoping to get Sponsored jobs too. Please let me share a few tips that might help.
1. Download the CV app and register duly and make every experience be it internship or volunteer jobs count. Also be very sure of the referees you will be using for your CV cos they will be contacted before you can be issued your offer letter when you eventually get the job. Also I would advise that you download a sample CV in your job field and follow the templates. Your CV matters a lot and is almost like the master key that will unlock every other doors Of your career progression.
2. After you have successfully built a good CV, good on Apps like Indeed, TotalJobs, Glassdoor and NHS websites and register. Then upload your CV. Some of these websites have assessments that you would be needing to complete and indeed even gives the option to write a cover letter. That’s like a golden opportunity to sell yourself. Please do notices that.
3. Now in order to avoid applying to multiple job openings that you are qualified for but can’t get because they don’t have Tier 2 sponsorship license. You can go to Gov.uk and check the lengthy list of licensed sponsors. Write the employers that fit in your field then go back to Indeed and the other apps and just input the names. It will for sure bring out available job openings and you start sending in your applications.
4. In my case I made it a point of duty at a point to apply to 10jobs in a day. Yes it was stressful and at some point I gave up and trust me that was when I got the call. Matter of fact I I did 2 interviews in one day and got the both jobs. At some point i felt I was wasting time and it seemed almost impossible considering my level of education and all even my sister told me to give up but God showed up.
5. While waiting you can get your Naric assessments ready as it lasts for a lifetime and you would need it for English proficiency or better still do IELTS exams. To avoid any form of delay after getting your CoS
You can also do your TB tests as people are finding it so difficult to book test dates and the result is Valid for just 6 months And of course except you lose focus you would have gotten a headway around the Job issue before the expiration. The only problem here is just that you would be needing a UK address while filling the form.
You will also be needing a police certificate but you can easily get that at Alagbon and you can’t apply for it pre employment because it is only valid for 3 months and
6. lastly and most importantly get your funds ready. A lot of these employers are not ready to pay for anything. They even see the CoS as a huge favor which sadly is in this part of the world. So you need to get your funds ready CoS agencies are “bombarding” them with applications but I think they just stretch out to select random applications here and there. So once they see you are dragging your matter, they move on to the next eligible candidate.
Let opportunities meet you prepared at all times. Especially since it’s Japa season and everyone is looking for a way to legitimately escape this Buhari’s wahala and secret achievements� Please I’m open to more hindsights as I still have a lot of people who want to try this visa route too.
God will see us all through ��

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sandysilver: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
Please keep us updated. Thanks
harmony940:

Interested bro!
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by sandysilver: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2022
The Kope medics website was just opened of recent. Everybody wants to cash out of this care stuff
Kaylaonah:

I'm not sure if they recruit nurses. Their certificate is for NVQ3 i.e the level 3 health and social care. I'm not entirely sure of the details but you have the theory and practical aspect of the training. The practical is the placement. They have different bases, PH, Abj, Lagos so you pick the one closest to you.

The fee is about 550k which covers the training and certificate only but they'll guide you on how to apply for hsc Visa. Obviously you'll be working with them until you find alternative employment, which shouldn't be a problem with your certificate. They supply your CoS so you don't have to worry about that either.

Every other thing, flight, medicals, etc are on you. Then 3 months after you've gotten to the UK, accommodation too. Which is a good offer if you ask me. Planning on moving my family through this.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Uzland: 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hello, everyone. It feels good to be back here after being banned for a while for whatever reason I know nothing about.angry I was about to post a detailed response to a question asked by someone here and suddenly noticed I couldn't post anything any longer! My post didn't contain any abusive words, ad link and the like. I still don't understand the reason for the sudden ban!sad
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by CowbellY: 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
Beedollas:
Good morning fam, please is NVQ level 3 same as obtaining a level 3 diploma in John Academy Uk?

Hopefully someone can answer this. Also reeds too.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Beedollas(f): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
Anyone please?

Beedollas:

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Tfsho: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Yes
Beedollas:
Anyone please?

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Osasjohne: 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
How about if you are already in UK on a visiting visa . Can you also apply for the care worker job?

Please, advise on eligibility
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by amehrada: 8:43am On Jan 12, 2022
sandysilver:
The Kope medics website was just opened of recent. Everybody wants to cash out of this care stuff
Lol.

Na why I dey try to find out whether LPTCNigeria sef dey legit and recognized by the necessary awarding bodies. Would have loved to learn and obtain this certificate through an online course but I feel that’s going to take longer to complete.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (606) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.