Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,708 members, 7,805,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

What Must I Do To Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Saved? (4012 Views)

Is Salvation For Everybody Or God Has Chosen Some To Be Saved? / Bishop Oyedepo: "Adeboye Saved Me From Spiritual Attack On My Private Jet" / God Saved Oyedepo From Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2021
What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Have you ever asked yourself this question?

If you have, then here's the answer to your question from the One who paid the price for man's salvation.

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So Jesus said anyone who believes in Him shall be saved.

But what then does it mean to "believe in Him"?

Here's what it means according to Jesus.

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So to "believe in Him" means to keep His Word, therefore for anyone to be saved, he must needs keep the Word of God.

That the same thing Jesus told a rich man who asked Him the same question.

Matthew 19:16-17 (KJV)

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So just as Jesus said to the rich young man, anyone who wants to be saved or to have eternal life must keep God's Word. Anyone who doesn't keep the Word of God cannot be saved because that means the person doesn't believe in Him.

Man lost his eternal life in the beginning by disobedience of God's Word, so to regain it and become saved, man must needs obey God's Word which is Jesus Christ, whom God gave to the world, so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God bless.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Haryhomyidhey(f): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
Amen! Thanks for sharing. People like you are rare on this nairaland. God bless you mightily.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by BeboNGN: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
Jesus jnr = Deputy Jesus.... Well-done
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Haryhomyidhey:
Amen! Thanks for sharing. People like you are rare on this nairaland. God bless you mightily.
Amen. God bless you too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2021
BeboNGN:
Jesus jnr = Deputy Jesus.... Well-done
hmm...
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by dodgelord: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2021
Change that is all u hv to do.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by amstamon: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2021
MAKE MONEY
trust me you're safe when you have money.
I mean more money grin
Very stupid question.. You Wan be safe, but you no get money
Nigerians mentality sef smh...

3 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by PrinceMajestic: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2021
Discard the belief in religion. It's the sole reason of terrorism,hate, enmity,war, poverty etc. All religious people are just sick evil maniacs

4 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Hezzyluv: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2021
Romans 10:99. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

3 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Lamasta(m): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2021
Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Myer(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

If you have, then here's the answer to your question from the One who paid the price for man's salvation.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

So to "believe in Him" means to keep His Word, therefore for anyone to be saved, he must needs keep the Word of God.

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So just as Jesus said to the rich young man, anyone who wants to be saved or to have eternal life must keep God's Word. Anyone who doesn't keep the Word of God cannot be saved because that means the person doesn't believe in Him.

Man lost his eternal life in the beginning by disobedience of God's Word, so to regain it and become saved, man must needs obey God's Word which is Jesus Christ, whom God gave to the world, so that anyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God bless.

John says it all. This is eternal life, believe in God and his only begotten son and you have eternal life.

Explain then why some pastors say you must pay tithes or go to hell.
Also you must keep the laws or you wont not saved.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by pennywys(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2021
wink
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by spy24(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
Discard the belief in religion. It's the sole reason of terrorism,hate, enmity,war, poverty etc. All religious people are just sick evil maniacs

Matt. 22: 37 -39
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Righteousness2(m): 9:02am On Sep 19, 2021
To be Saved , one needs to make a Concious Decision. It is as Simple as ABC.

A- admit you are a Sinner in Need of a Savior. For all have sinned and Come Short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23

B- Believe Fully in your Heart that JESUS Christ Died For your Sins, Was, Buried, and GOD raised Him from the dead. John 3:16

C- Call upon the Name of the LORD. Open your Mouth and Call on the Name of JESUS CHRIST. Romans 10:13

If you Conciously do this , you are Born again. You are Saved. You need to begin to Grow yourself in Christ.

Once you are Saved, Old and sinful ways of living becomes past. You begin to live in the newsness of Christ and in obedience to His Word.
Remember to repent from any sin you fall into even after your salvation.

2 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Truthissupreme: 9:02am On Sep 19, 2021
You must follow and accept the one who can exchange your sins for his righteousness

Because no one can become righteousness by mere doing physical rituals
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Until u accept Jesus Christ as ur lord nd saviour, every other thing is secondary.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by PrinceMajestic: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2021
spy24:

Matt. 22: 37 -39
fvck off

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:09am On Sep 19, 2021
Tobechuckwu:

Until u accept Jesus Christ as ur lord nd saviour, every other thing is secondary.
Jesus says you can't accept Him as Lord and Savior without keeping His Word, so that's the most important thing. Every other thing is secondary.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Divoc19(f): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2021
Believe in good and bad.
Choose to be good at all times in your life time.
Make Jesus Christ your comforter.
Read the Bible to clarify things
There are more but lemme stop here
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by finalboss(m): 9:13am On Sep 19, 2021
angry Saved from what ?

4 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by finalboss(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2021
advocatejare:

From spending eternity in hellfire
Aren't you a Muslim ?

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Myer(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Righteousness2:
To be Saved , one needs to make a Concious Decision. It is as Simple as ABC.

A- admit you are a Sinner in Need of a Savior. For all have sinned and Come Short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23

B- Believe Fully in your Heart that JESUS Christ Died For your Sins, Was, Buried, and GOD raised Him from the dead. John 3:16

C- Call upon the Name of the LORD. Open your Mouth and Call on the Name of JESUS CHRIST. Romans 10:13

If you Conciously do this , you are Born again. You are Saved. You need to begin to Grow yourself in Christ.

Once you are Saved, Old and sinful ways of living becomes past. You begin to live in the newsness of Christ and in obedience to His Word.
Remember to repent from any sin you fall into even after your salvation.

After doing all this and not paying tithes, you can still end up in hell?
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by musicwriter(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2021
First of all, you never committed any original sin, therefore, you don't need to be saved.

In about 300 BC, Europeans discovered that religion can be used to control their colonies. So, they came up with the idea of getting saved which they copied from the ancient Egyptians but bastardized in the process. That's how the Christian "getting saved" originated. The first Jesus was called Ptolemy (Christ) Sorter but it was a flop and wasn't successful. But they re-strategized later.

Getting saved as preached today by Christianity is an old trick mischievously created by Europeans in order to funnel you to worship Jesus as your God. But Jesus is nothing but the white man in disguise!!. It's just like telling you that you have COVID-19 disease or AIDS virus but when you ask me how to cure yourself, I'll say "you must buy the medication from my pharmacy" otherwise you'll die. And that's why they say you'll go to hell if you don't accept Jesus.

You must discover by yourself that Jesus is a fraud and cannot save you. Nobody can save you but yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2021
Steps to Salvation

1. Hear the word

2. Believe the word

3. Repent of your sins

4. Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

5. Be baptized and the Lord adds you to the Church of Christ.

Keep continuing in the Apostles doctrines in the Churches of Christ.

Want to be saved? Visit any congregation of The Churches of Christ near you today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Triangles1(m): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2021
Follow the woerds of Jesus Christ.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by geoworldedu: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2021
Safety cannot be 100% guaranteed, but at least to feel safer, just get body guards, security, web cams, etc. If Jesus couldn't save himself and God couldn't save Jesus, how then do you expect to be safe through religion?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Love About Sunday? / Kingebukasblog What Are Your Views On Hell ? / Download The Seeing Eyes (accessing The Gift Of Sight) By Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.