Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) (414 Views)

Mansion Of The Undead: No One Lives To Tell The Tale. Part 2 / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) by Mustystrange98: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
©Mansion of the undead:no one lives to tell the tale©

12:00pm Ahmad Wakili district, lokoja

It was midnight definitely, shrouded with the night's blanket signaling me to rest for the day, the cool breeze singing lullaby. By looking through the window one could see the stars shimmering at its best and the natural mirror(moon) shun its light executing its usual duty.

Though after all nature's effort to put me to sleep I insist on finishing off the serial movie I started. "Money heist" as the name entailed.

Gush! sleeping in that gigantic mansion was scary but I had no choice since I had only a day to my jamb.
I was told by the community that the family that ones lived in that mansion all died a mysterious death. That since then no one had ever occupied the house. So as a jamb candidate writing at their community, left them with no other choice than to let me stay in the mansion pending when I am done.

Sinking deeply into the ocean of the interesting movie I heard a brief knock on the door.....I assumed I heard nothing. The knock sounded again... I was confused -I was the only one around not expecting...though my intuition told me it was the security man..but what could he be doing close by and why would he come looking for me at that time? I asked myself rhetorically.

The knock sounded again -louder than it had earlier. I summoned up courage went straight for the door. I peeped through the purposely made hole in the made-in-china door.

I sighted nothing through the hole -I opened the door -shot and locked the it frightfully upon seeing no one. "Mtcheeew" I hissed.
KPOM!KPOMK!!KPOM!!!. the knock sounded again right before I had my sit. "Which kind..."

The knock became irresistible and heart shattering. I dashed speedily towards the door in a bid to catch the supposed 'Ninja'.

The space was nothingness but Void.

12:30 am at same mansion.

The knocked subsided.
"maybe its something else..or rather.." I was attracted by a scene in the movie, in no time I sank into the ocean of movie once again.

There was an abrupt and unprecedented power seizure. The room was totally dark...filled with unknown danger lurking around. The midnight hour was riding away. The nocturnal beings definitely on their usual business.

I scrambled my hands on the sofa trying to reach for my phone but I couldn't find it. I searched thoroughly but to no avail. Something strange happened.

I felt a cold tender touch on my shoulder, I was shocked not knowing what to do, i felt a hand grabbed my leg from beneath the sofa,I tried screaming but terror took the sound before
I made it. My situation was worst off than that of a bush animal caught in a trap.

Adrenaline surge through my veins; I jolted myself to a whole stand and made a run for the room. I went directly to where my touch light was. Thanks to God I found it, and headed directly to the sitting room. That was when I saw my phone lying in the inner part of the sofa.

In what seems like a whisper -then a hushed voice -then an argumentative voice likely between two entity. I summoned courage and went for the door. I covertly unhook the lock and opened the door in a gradual manner -letting out a creaking sound.

The sound caught the attention of the two strange looking humanoid creature....though..they looked prototypically like those zombies in Michael Jackson's thriller music video. The tallest one look scarier with its body statue, I could deduce it was a male; eyes sunk in, filled with darkness coupled with a broken jaw...GUSH!!! His counter part was a female, judging from her structure and a few strands of hair on her head coupled with a feminine skeletal limbs.

I quickly shot the door. They continued their argument "what would zombies probably be arguing about?, and why must it be in the mansion?" I asked myself, intensely stupefied.
I open the door again but very careful not to blow out my cover.

I don't know what gave me the courage to keep staring then in what seems like a shock seemingly like of an electric shock from a transformer...I was frozen not able to move out of fright. - they turned directly at me swiftly and gave out a terrifying snarl.

I quickly shot the door trying to put on the hook but I wasn't able to....my hand were shivering intensely. Something dragged me from behind -a hand definitely. Then two tender hands grabbed my legs and made me loose balance, in a blink of an eye I was being dragged on the floor by what I couldn't see. I tried to scream but it was not coming out.

I picked my touch light sharply and switched it on but no light came on. The zombies outside opened the door closing in on me. I muttered a word, a word which I do not comprehend.
Another adrenaline surged through me... I cut loose all that held me. And bolted for the bathroom.

I locked the bathroom and sat down on the water closet crying my heart out, that was the only thing I could do for now. My crying intensified when I heard the maniacal laugh echoed in the mansion.
Then something liquid dripped on my head. I looked up, I was awestruck "bl....blood!!" I stammered.
I quickly switched on the shower to wash off the blood, all of a sudden the water turned blood,flooding the room with blood...switching it off was futile.

The bathroom was flooded with blood in fact it started to rise above my knee. I tried opening the door but it was firmly locked. As the clock ticked, so the blood rised. I scrolled through my phone...about launching a Quran app. My phone instantly displayed white.

"This is the end" I muttered....

√readers, what's going to be his next move?. Is he going to be choked by the blood?. Is he going to escape. In fact where would he escape to?. Find out in the PART 2 finale.

™Musty strange.

1 Like

Re: Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) by StarFist(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Waoooo. Intrigued.
Re: Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) by Mustystrange98: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
StarFist:
Waoooo. Intrigued.
definitely. expect more
Re: Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) by StarFist(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Waiting patiently
Mustystrange98:

definitely. expect more
Re: Mansion Of The Undead: No one lives to tell the tale (1) (2) by Mustystrange98: 12:40am On Oct 18, 2021
®Mansion of the undead: no one lives to tell the tale®
Part 2(finale)
*The zombies were closing in on me….
\\\
I began mumbling the few chapters of the holy Quran I remembered. God,you are the only one who can save me. The blood rose to my shoulder reaching for my neck. My heart beat increased. Tears ran in the streamlet down my cheek. Where was this unyielding stream of blood coming from?. I raised my hands safely guarding my Torchlight and phone. They were my only hope of finding my way out—that's if I should survive my present situation.
In what seemed like magic, the door opened automatically and the blood dried totally.
Awstrucked. I walked out. Expecting to see zombies but they were nowhere to be found. I flashed my torchlight on the entrance; it was still left open. Where could they have gone?, or was this a dream?.
I summon up courage and went for the entrance. I carefully peeped outside.non was sighted. Instantly I remembered I had a Whistle that was meant for situations like this — given to me by the chief security of the community, as a distress call device.
I bolted back into the sitting room headed directly to the fridge by the kitchen — there it was, hanging on a nail banged to a wall, I took it and made a run for the main gate. My pace was faster but my heart beat was the fastest. I observed the whistle, it was metallic,pitch black, its resemblance was like that of the referee's in soccer, but more sophisticated.
I Purse my lips onto it and blew in hot air— no sound came through.
I blew into it again. But this time, something strange occurred.
Instead of a shrilling sound. A maniacal laughter echoed through it. Again and again non-stop.
Though, I had whistled in the dark: I threw it away, gathered courage and momentum, dashed towards the gate. Being a formidable gate, I didn't expect the latch to be easily disengaged. My muscled sides expanded as I disengaged it — Here I was free at last. The cool night breeze blew on me.
…..
The cool breeze drifted my mind away from my predicaments. Then a buzzing sound brought me to reality: the buzzing sound was definitely from an Air conditioner whose condensing unit was stuck by debris or rather caused by loose or unbalanced Fan blades striking the side of the fan housing unit.
Just as it had all started — like a maze. I found myself in the exact mansion I had escaped from. I thought I passed through the gate. Left for the unknown to unravel.
Then the light began to flicker —on and off it went, at intervals from seconds to minutes. In between the flicker I saw something grisly. When the lights flickered off,I saw pairs of eyes in multiple, reddish, shimmering like the sun, strangely blended like that of the crocodile. But disappeared when it flickered on.
I crawled to behind the fridge close to the kitchen . Then the Air conditioner began dispensing a foul stench,a funk of a decayed animal, probably. The stench still hung in the air when it was pushed out of its vent. I was terrified. Zombies were rushing in through the vent in full speed.falling and scampering for space.
I dashed for the kitchen. I latched the door as swiftly as possible and sat on the bare floor. Shivering and shuddering. What amazed me the most was the amazing speed of the zombies, it was contrary to what i saw in movies. They began to bang on the door. The banging became more intensed...they began to tear the door with their fingers. How was that possible?.
I began searching for an escape route.
Which I found. A small door besides the cupboard .It was covered with an old dusty cobweb. I opened it letting out a creaking sound. Beyond the door was total darkness. I flashed my torchlight acrossed — therein a long boardwalk stashed with cobwebs within. I was allergic to cobwebs — my heart skipped as they tore down the door headed for me.
My worse fear was staring at me; my worst fear closing in on me.it was now left for me to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.
A choice was made. I ran through the boardwalk shoving away every cobwebs, not minding the rashes that would come afterwards. The cobwebs were the least of my concern as the zombies engaged me in a heated race.
My torchlight slipped off my hand; though I was unhampered as my pace increased— I knew I was damed — without light I definitely knew not where I was headed.
It was now left for God to help a blind boy.
Their stampede was getting closer, as my heartbeat increased so my hope of survival diminished.
All of a sudden, I trod upon something. I stumbled haphazardly. Slammed upon a huge metallic body, letting out a cranky sound — it was a door, very sure of it. My legs felt numb. I struggled blindly to reach for its nub or latch:whatever that could open it.
The door squeaked. Outside was total darkness, I reached for the exit but my lack of visuals played a huge joke on me. Not knowing there was a staircase in front of me, I missed my steps, lost balance and stumbled thereafter.
It was a great thud. I thought to myself having woken up from comatose. I felt a sharp pain on my head. I was bleeding.
The zombies disappeared like thin air before my face. I was relieved. Then I felt the presence of someone. I took my phone from my pocket and switched on its in-built torchlight. I flashed in the direction I noticed a movement.
It flashed on an inscription: JAJA AMADI died on Tuesday 18 2018. G—graveyard! I stuttered.
I flashed the light on something shimmering made of probably neon. It was a sign board painted in neon. Neons could glow in the dark. That I knew as a science student. Inscripted: FAMILY OF 16, MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
I shuddered. And self pity grew in me.
What could have happened to them?. I was deep in thought…
…..
The railings that barricaded the tomb began to rattle. The glint of the light from the moon shone on the gate. What I saw almost stopped my heart.I tried to scream but terror took the sound before I could.
I freezed as horror looked me right between the eyes, I was instantly paralyzed.
It dawned on me that my legs were broken. As a result of my recent fall.
(...)
Corpses began to get out of their entombments, staggering towards me, closing in to seal my doom. Though I had to fight to stay alive, I couldn't — definitely not with a broken leg.
My body starts to shiver, for no mere human could resist them.
I closed my eyes and prayed for God to take my life before they could.
"Oga wake up,wa—wake up its past 7:00am already!, oga you scared us,we thought…oga wake up.
I thought I heard something. Then something fluidy and chilled dropped on my face. — I woke up panting, and gasping for air.
I took a brief scan of my surroundings and it was just as it was before I slept off on the Sofa. I noticed the presence of Mallam Musa, the chief security guard. In his right hand was a cup of water. Why must he sprinkle the water on me?.
I asked him what had happened. He was about to respond when the buzzing sound of the Air conditioner distracted us.
"Mtcheeew what manner of repair is this, common AC Audu can't repair. He poured out.
The buzzing made me scared….
The End.

™Musty strange

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers In Need Of A Book Illustrator,your Search Has Ended. / ARE MEN Scum?(short Story) / Good evening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.