Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters (1084 Views)

NERC Transfers Regulatory Oversight To Enugu Electricity Commission (EERC) / Power Outage In Imo Beyond Us - Enugu Electricity Distribution Company / 11 Newly Licensed Independent Electricity Distribution Network Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Anytask: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
You all recall that In 2020, the Federal Government commenced a National Mass Metering programme (NMMP) which according them was to check estimated billings nationwide.
The NMMP is an initiative of the federal government and DisCos, working in collaboration with local meter manufacturers, to provide smart prepaid meters to all unmetered customers. The federal government said it provided funding for the program and that the Meters are to be provided to customers free of charge.

Under this Metering program, the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) has been installing Postpaid Meters to its customers.
EEDC after installing the postpaid meters, still charges the customers by estimation. They don't read the new postpaid meters they installed before issuing bills.
My brother went to their office in Enugu (Nsukka) and was told by one of their customer care agent that what they are distributing to customers is postpaid. When he enquired about the billing, he was told that it is still by estimation for the newly installed postpaid meters. Those who got the meter also confirmed that they are still charged through estimation billing.
I am currently in the Western part of Nigeria and under this same Metering programme, I have not heard or seen the DISCO in the west distributing Postpaid meters to customers.
This is very bad.

Please admin, I will appreciate it if this is moved to the front page for everyone to see. I will also be glad if bloggers and other media can spread this because EEDC has vowed to continue to rob its customers through estimated billings and it seems no one is saying or doing anything about it.

Why is ENUGU ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY (EEDC) Distributing Postpaid Meters?

Is the DISCO in charge of electricity distribution in your state installing POSTPAID METERS to customers?

Please Lalasticlala Mynd44 OAMAJ help move to frontpage.

Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by mustmust(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Send me a pm please. Let's discuss on how to tackle this Disco
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by ifezes(m): 3:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
I must tell you. What EEDC is doing is terrible. Even the prepaid they gave to some people were heavily paid for. They are mass metering every house hold in Nsukka town with post paid meters. They sell prepaid to people at a very costly price.
They recently gave us a deficit of #12000 on the prepaid we are using which was actually purchased from them. When we inquired we were told that they did it to everybody using prepaid meter. It is terrible over here!!
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
The FG lead by GMB performance in the power sector have been woeful.

Let the FG remove power from the Exclusive list jawe. So that States that have the capability can generate MW and used within such a state.

Shey we no get people wey dey think at all for government ni? We have been doing the same thing since 1999, no improvement, can't we just try other ways.

This country matter don dey tire person jawe
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by sapientia(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
The people that can speak up may not even know their right

Or have been bribed with free power
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Fr33born(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
mustmust:

Do you have any plan on this sir?

The people especially the youths really need to wake up.
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by leofab(f): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Extortion
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Fr33born(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2021
I wonder why the modes are deleting posts here
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Anytask: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
mustmust:

Alright sir. Seems the comment where you mentioned me was deleted by mods
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by greatiyk4u(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Where in nsukka
Re: Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Still Distributing Postpaid Meters by Anytask: 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
greatiyk4u:
Where in nsukka

Everywhere in Nsukka during the first phase of the distribution.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Imo State, Burning Houses: Video / Ipob Admits Being A Terror Gang / What I Learnt From Anambra State Governorship Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.