Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists (655 Views)

Why Do People Hate Atheists / 8 Reasons Believers Hate Atheists / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Abetterperson: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
For some reason a lot of Nigerians don't understand that everyone is not supposed to believe in every thing there do
I'm a Christian but I respect their decision, it's their life and if there are really sinning against God, let him judge them not Nigerians.
Most atheist I have met are very nice and take full responsibility for their actions, best of all they are not hypocrites
Am being serious, most Nigeria religious people I have met are so hypocritical , being gay is a sin but being corrupt is just a small sin that God will understand.

Please just let people live their lives

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abetterperson:
For some reason a lot of Nigerians don't understand that everyone is not supposed to believe in every thing there do
I'm a Christian but I respect their decision, it's their life and if there are really sinning against God, let him judge them not Nigerians.
Most atheist I have met are very nice and take full responsibility for their actions, best of all they are not hypocrites.
Am being serious, most Nigeria religious people I have met are so hypocrites, being gay is a sin but being corrupt is just a small sin that God will understand.

Because any who is Anti-God is a clear supporter of wickedness and evil.

It is bad enough that people are very wicked, however, we can bear to live with them because when an issue arises, we know that we can resolve it in Rightness and Goodness.

For God The Power which Rules all men (Law) to be in support of the good and the right while it seeks to destroy all evil and bads.

Thus, you can go out knowing that your fellow man would not suddenly harm you just because he can because of the Power of The Law of Doing the Good and not the bad or wicked or evil.

But a person who declares himself an atheist is openly telling the whole world that he is an evil thing and that he shall do evil things, FOR HE IS ANTI-GOOD AND ANTI-RIGHT.

He is a Taliban and Terrorist to All.

Therefore, atheists are supporters of any and all bad or wicked or evil things.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
minorities that take an opposing stand to what overwhelming majority finds sacred tend to be hated

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

a person who declares himself an atheist is openly telling the whole world that he is an evil thing and that he shall do evil things
Hmmmm. okay

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Abetterperson: 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

It is bad enough that people are very wicked, however, we can bear to live with them because when an issue arises, we know that we can resolve it in Rightness and Goodness.

For God The Power which Rules all men (Law) to be in support of the good and the right while it seeks to destroy all evil and bads.

Thus, you can go out knowing that your fellow man would not suddenly harm you just because he can because of the Power of The Law of Doing the Good and not the bad or wicked or evil.

But a person who declares himself an atheist is openly telling the whole world that he is an evil thing and that he shall do evil things, FOR HE IS ANTI-GOOD AND ANTI-RIGHT.

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Karleb(m): 4:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have spoken the mind of an average Nigerian.

Don't be deceived by the wokeness on social media, a lot of Nigerians still think exactly like this fellow.

So if you have a different ideology or way of life, just keep it to yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Bluewitch(f): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin cheesy

What's this one saying....

Your Bible that supports slavery and killing of innocent people is better than atheists?

GTFOH

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bluewitch:

grin cheesy

What's this one saying....

Your Bible that supports slavery and killing of innocent people is better than atheists?

GTFOH

God and the Bible NEVER Supported Slavery, it is the bible fabricated by your father and husband Satan which changed the word "Servants" to "Slaves"

And of course daughter of Satan like you would not see that all servants are set free from their contracts of service in the 7th Year, exactly as Igbo traders do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Abetterperson: 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

God and the Bible NEVER Supported Slavery, it is the bible fabricated by your father and husband Satan which changed the word "Servants" to "Slaves"

And of course daughter of Satan like you would not see that all servants are set free from their contracts of service in the 7th Year, exactly as Igbo traders do.

Imagine I thought the Bible say we should love our enemies, if insulting someone means u love them then I don't want to be a part of it

And God is not a fool, let God defend himself nobody send u. Just follow his commandments and learn to tolerate others

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abetterperson:
...Most atheist I have met are very nice and take full responsibility for their actions, best of all they are not hypocrites.

Just saw this in your post and of course how easily deceived you are and can be.

You obviously expect a fraudster to appear before you as the Fraudster he truly is or a very wicked man, to look his wickedness!

Kai! How easily deceived are you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abetterperson:

Am being serious, most Nigeria religious people I have met are so hypocrites, being gay is a sin but being corrupt is just a small sin that God will understand.

Ignorance and arrogance is there reason. And this is the same reason across the world. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abetterperson:

Imagine I thought the Bible say we should love our enemies, if insulting someone means u love them then I don't want to be a part of it

Those who know and Obey God know that love your enemies means "Do the Good that you can do, when you owe anyone, including him whom you do not like" Which is The Law "The Tenets of The Law is To Live Honestly, [b]To Harm No One and To Give to each his due"[/b

Do you think an Anti-God will ever submit himself to this Law?

Even you fail in keeping this Law then how do you expect ant Anti-Right and Anti-Good to keep it?

Abetterperson:

And God is not a fool, let God defend himself nobody send u. Just follow his commandments and learn to tolerate others

And that is why men are Fools for Nothing is Harming God that He Should require Defence, it is rather foolish men who require defence both from his fellow wicked and evil man and from God.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

LMFAO! Whatever helps you sleep at night. Bwahahahahaha!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! Whatever helps you sleep at night. Bwahahahahaha!

grin I sleep very well every night, because The Lord is with me, I just pity my fellow Nigerians who live in Fear of everything, including their neighbours. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abetterperson:
Most atheist I have met are very nice and take full responsibility for their actions, best of all they are not hypocrites.

Generally I encounter 3 types of religious people when it comes to attitude towards atheists. One set believe atheists are satanists, another think atheists want to destroy their religion or faith and the last set are like you who are happy to give atheists their space. The first 2 are the type of people you are referring to.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by LordReed(m): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I sleep very well every night, because The Lord is with me, I just pity my fellow Nigerians who live in Fear of everything, including their neighbours. grin

Why won't they fear when they have people like you urging them to fear.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by 1manuel(m): 10:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
Live with an atheist for 6 months and you'll know
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by SKhanmi: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2021
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” Nietzsche

Atheists,christians,moslems,hindus etc are all classifications. Are they useful? Yes,for dividing and ruling the masses. Nigeria is a prime example.

Do the abovementioned parties fully understand the first quote? That's exactly the problem & scourge of this world. Everybody thinks they are it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57am On Sep 13, 2021
LordReed:

Why won't they fear when they have people like you urging them to fear.

grin Long before I was born, they have been "Fearing" and I partially joined them, till I learnt The Only Way which tells Mr. Fear, "Depart from him, he is Mine!" grin

The Only Way! grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 7:16am On Sep 13, 2021
SKhanmi:
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” Nietzsche.

Does the result of a way not prove the rightness and correctness of it?

If you intended going to Lagos from Benin and you use Benin-Agbor "Way" would you ever ever get to Lagos, your expected destination?

There is the Right and Correct Way and there is the Wrong way and David and Christ already gave us the Result that many are in the Wrong Way and very very few find the Right and Correct Way.

SKhanmi:

Atheists,christians,moslems,hindus etc are all classifications. Are they useful? Yes,for dividing and ruling the masses. Nigeria is a prime example.

Christians know that Law Rules all men but sons of Satan Always Always kill and steal to take up and appropriate The Rule of The Law for They know if The Law is allowed to Rule, they would die of hunger and "just is" in prisons (Hell).

So it was for their self preservation that they took up Rule and invaded every place (colonization) to teach them to rule themselves (Democracy) rather than let Nature, which means God, to Rule over them.

SKhanmi:

Do the abovementioned parties fully understand the first quote? That's exactly the problem & scourge of this world. Everybody thinks they are it.

As I said, if you never get to your destination, it is complete proof that you have been on the Wrong Way all along.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by 1Sharon(f): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2021
because atheists hold up a mirror and make religious ppl feel stupid. And people in general don't like to feel stupid.

It's rare to see a dumb person that's an atheist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by kingxsamz(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The only wickedness and evil that I know is being supported, defended and excused is the killing and enslavement of innocent women, men and children in the bible. It's funny how you thought you said something reasonable there. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Kobojunkie: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
1Sharon:
because atheists hold up a mirror and make religious ppl feel stupid. And people in general don't like to feel stupid.

That one na lie! Dumbness has nothing to do with belief or lack of belief in a deity.. it just is! undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
1Sharon:
because atheists hold up a mirror and make religious people feel stupid. And people in general don't like to feel stupid.

When people go the Wrong Way, it is seen that some people notice it and they point it out.

So this is normal and those people were not atheist.

1Sharon:

We all know that Anti-God had ground because they noticed that people CLAIMED to be looking for God, but were not truly looking for God.

And they noticed that they were all lying one to another.

They also saw that those people never knew much and they would not directly accept Satanism (as they had tried selling in the 80's) so they recruited them by poking those people's emptiness.

So for satanist to be successful, they knew that they had to study and know more than those Christ and God Applicants who think that they have been Accepted into the Followership of God whereas, their application ranges from total Rejection to "Application under Review".
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Dtruthspeaker: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

The only wickedness and evil that I know is being supported, defended and excused is the killing and enslavement of innocent women, men and children in the bible. It's funny how you thought you said something reasonable there. cheesy

After 20- 30 years on this earth this All that you know? grin cheesy

Chai, even my last child knows more than you grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Image123(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
LordReed:

Generally I encounter 3 types of religious people when it comes to attitude towards atheists. One set believe atheists are satanists, another think atheists want to destroy their religion or faith and the last set are like you who are happy to give atheists their space. The first 2 are the type of people you are referring to.

There are indeed "evangelical" atheists especially on social media whose comical aim is to rid the world of christianity or let's say religion. It's not all atheists. Also there are acclaimed atheists who are more of agnostic or haters of the true God. Many are found here. They can't all be painted with the same brush in that sense, although they are all sinners and biblically approved fools. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Femzaremz(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
1Sharon:

Are you sure? Cause anytime I tell people that I'm an atheist, they think I'm dumb!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Bacteriologist(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
People generally are hostile towards what they do not are not familiar with, or understand.

Most people being born are immediately indoctrinated into one religion or another, where they're constantly told that a god exists and what that God wants, and why the religion is the best in contrast to others. Many people shape their lives around the teachings of these religions often till old age or death.

It comes as a shock to many people when they see people who don't reference their god or even argue against it. And with the teachings of religion like islam where you're directed to kill such people, or in the bible where they're seen as 'fools.'

It's hard to like or even show affection towards such groups of people when you've been taught that they're working for satan and they're going to hell when they die.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by LordReed(m): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Image123:

There are indeed "evangelical" atheists especially on social media whose comical aim is to rid the world of christianity or let's say religion. It's not all atheists. Also there are acclaimed atheists who are more of agnostic or haters of the true God. Many are found here. They can't all be painted with the same brush in that sense, although they are all sinners and biblically approved fools. undecided

LMFAO! The label sinner and fool doesn't affect the quality of my life. Gonna enjoy my stay here on earth the best way I can while also trying my best to be mindful of my fellow humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by 1Sharon(f): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That one na lie! Dumbness has nothing to do with belief or lack of belief in a deity.. it just is! undecided

Erm..I beleive it does. At one time ppl believed the earth was flat because humans have accumulated more knowledge than we had back then.

At a time before europeans were hygienic, death due to infections was seen as a God's punishment, but humans know better now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
1Sharon:
Erm..I beleive it does. At one time ppl believed the earth was flat because humans have accumulated more knowledge than we had back then.

At a time before europeans were hygienic, death due to infections was seen as a God's punishment, but humans know better now
Huh? undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists by 1Sharon(f): 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Huh? undecided
Read my comment again, seems you need to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Somersaults As Church Member Donates "3billion" To Support Church Project / Beware Of Fake Nice People! / I Bought Snipers To Commit A Suicide See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.