Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Chickens Passing Out Green Watery Poop. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Chickens Passing Out Green Watery Poop. (796 Views)

How To Stop Watery Whitish, Greenish, Brownish-yellow And Blood Stain In Your C / Understanding Bloody, White, Greenish, And Watery Chicken Poop / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chickens Passing Out Green Watery Poop. by Ayemileto(m): 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
I have this very small Poultry I'm running, and for some days now, the birds are passing out Green Watery Poop.

I think it started after I gave them a particular antibiotics, two days ago (Friday) was the last day I gave them.

As at yesterday, only one seem to be passing out the watery green poop and I separated it in the morning, then gave it clean water (I gave the rest clean water too).

But when I returned in the evening, all the poop the separated one had passed seem normal (Solid green base with white cap), so I put it together with the remaining ones.

When I returned to feed them this morning, I saw some green watery poop on the floor, so I put some bitter leaf and multivitamins in their water.

But on getting there this afternoon and watching them for a while, All (or almost all) of them are passing out Green Watery Poop.

Abeg, what do you think I should do?

Attached is the picture of the antibiotics I'm giving them.

NOTE: the birds are Noilers, and they started laying like 2 weeks ago.

On two occasions, I've picked up eggs with very soft shell.

I measured the weight of two yesterday (one male, one female), they both weigh exactly 3KG.

I don't know if this information can help.

Re: Chickens Passing Out Green Watery Poop. by Ayemileto(m): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Abeg, Poultry farmers in the house.

Any suggestions?
Re: Chickens Passing Out Green Watery Poop. by globigpun(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Your birds are not suffering from coccidiosis, please stop the bitter leaf. From the colour of their pop you have Newcastle disease.
1. Get virocidial or viral mix and use with strong antibiotics like AMOXY-COL WSP. Treat for 5days.
2. Ensure you use lasota vaccine at the least once a month to prevent this situation in the future.
For the soft egg shell, buy calcium supplement and administer to their water, it seems the feed you are using does not have enough calcium.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sales Of 25 Acres Of Maize Farm Will Be Ready For Harvest By August / Pls, Any Informative Agriculture Website / Start Catfish Farming With Just #10000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.