Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton (12947 Views)

Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Neymar Handed Three Match Ban For Punching Fan / Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by DoggoneDogg: 12:05am On Sep 13, 2021
AutoChick4U:
He's alive jor.

How do you know?
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by AutoChick4U(f): 12:10am On Sep 13, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

How do you know? Did you suck his dick?
Wtf is wrong with some of you?? Pervert

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kingcalls: 12:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:
I still don't knw how these formula one team makes money.

With the cost of tires, getting new car in almost every race,cost of fueling and parts and paying the drivers and team members. How do they make all these money to foot the bills and remain profitable.

They have heavy sponsorship and Eccleston did well for the sports thru TV right b4 handing over
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kingcalls: 12:27am On Sep 13, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
one of the most boring and useless sports. fastest car almost always wins and that's Mercedes.

U know nothing about the sport ....its one of the most exciting sports.... when Schumacher was still driving, he won 2 championships with Bennetton Renault ahead of mcleran Mercedes ,ferrari and BMW .... its not by name ooo... the company's like red bull, Williams, benneton , mclaren , Petronas, ....u hv to b a very good driver and have fantastic engineering team plus a good engine to win races

4 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 12:30am On Sep 13, 2021
FIAMG & Toto want their man boy toy to win at any & everyone else’s expense.
First time in a while Hamilton gets real competition and we see how he crumbles and complains under the slightest application of pressure.
Despite doing far worse to Max at Silverstone, sending him crashing hundreds of km/h and costing the poor boy at worst a 15 to 18, possibly a 25 point lead in the WDC
he’s allowed to get away with just a light tap on the wrist.
What should have been regarded as a racing incident is been blown of of proportions.
A supposed 7-time World Drivers Champion with all the experience is having his sh1t pushed in so far that he’s choked his lead on multiple occasions this season. Even when Pole positions are handed to him he still manages to mess it up requiring and sacrificing Bottas each time to cover up his a$$ when he gets exposed.

I’m sincerely impressed with and happy for Bottas who actually fought his way into Pole position during the Qualifiers and then had to go down to 19th in the race due to circumstances beyond his control but still fought his way back up to the podium @ 3rd.
Also an impressive 1-2 win the McLaren team too.
Pérez tried sha but could’ve pushed a bit harder, perhaps for the fastest lap, considering the odds against him.
Hopefully winning Sochi should provide some succour for Max.

8 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 12:41am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

With the cost of tires, getting new car in almost every race,cost of fueling and parts and paying the drivers and team members. How do they make all these money to foot the bills and remain profitable.

Sponsors and Donors.
All those stickers on the body of the car to that of the drivers suit and helmets are not for free.
And those are heavy heavy earners and names in their respective industries.
Mazepin papa na Russian Billionaire, paid million$$ to get his son into an F1 team.
And just like EPL the FIA shares money/revenue generated from TV and other deals and races among the Constructors/Teams.

3 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by DaveChapelle: 12:53am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

they make money from selling sport cars, and merchandise. That's why Mercedes is expensive

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by DaveChapelle: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
one of the most boring and useless sports. fastest car almost always wins and that's Mercedes.
every sport is useless then
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Microwhy: 1:05am On Sep 13, 2021
OBALOLA55:
WOW TERRORIST SELF DEY WATCH FORMULA ONE grin
What you guys are nurturing playfully is dangerous..
Even the US realised it was a too much and very expensive propaganda which they now want to correct.
Stop brewing what is very delicate..
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Microwhy: 1:12am On Sep 13, 2021
wasspord:
First time in a while Hamilton gets real competition and we see how he crumbles and complains under the slightest application of pressure.
Despite doing far worse to Max at Silverstone, sending him crashing hundreds of km/h and costing the poor boy at worst a 15 to 18, possibly a 25 point lead in the WDC
What should have been regarded as a racing incident is been blown of of proportions.
A supposed 7-time World Drivers Champion with all the experience is having his sh1t pushed in so far that he’s choked his lead on multiple occasions this season. Even when Pole positions are handed to him he still manages to mess it up requiring and sacrificing Bottas each time to cover up his a$$ when he gets exposed.

I’m sincerely impressed with and happy for Bottas who actually fought his way into Pole position during the Qualifiers and then had to go down to 19th in the race due to circumstances beyond his control but still fought his way back up to the podium @ 3rd.
Pérez tried sha but could’ve pushed a bit harder, perhaps for the fastest lap, considering the odds against him.
I am sure you copied this analysis and breakdown from ESPN or Supersport website because I dont believe any Nigerian can be following F1 like this..
Just kidding bro..
You're actually one in a thousand for following F1 with such energy.

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Angbakpa(m): 1:52am On Sep 13, 2021
OBALOLA55:
WOW TERRORIST SELF DEY WATCH FORMULA ONE grin

Bros, it took me 5 bottles of Hennessey to understand what you wrote.....thank God shaa I understand. cheesy
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Irunmole(m): 1:57am On Sep 13, 2021
Kingcalls:

U know nothing about the sport ....its one of the most exciting sports.... when Schumacher was still driving, he won 2 championships with Bennetton Renault ahead of mcleran Mercedes ,ferrari and BMW .... its not by name ooo... the company's like red bull, Williams, benneton , mclaren , Petronas, ....u hv to b a very good driver and have fantastic engineering team plus a good engine to win races
wasspord:

You're waxing lyrical for Max for his obviously very dangerous manoeuvre, driving into Hamilton's space and path and not yielding. Thank God Lewis came out unscathed through providence and improvements to F1 cars especially with incorporation of the protective 'Halo'. It could have been worse but it wasn't.

Max has been rightly judged by the stewards to be in the wrong with three grid penalty points given to him for the Russian grand prix. Yes he's ambitious and wants to win the championship, he just has to temper his irrational and somettimes reckless i-don't-care typical driving style with common sense and better sense of judgement else someone might get killed or seriously injured if he's not out in check by Christian Horner of Red Bull who bleats and complains about anything that involves Lewis, however legal and legitimate, driving wise.
He, Max, has to show some respect and maturity which he clearly lacks for Lewis. To be a seven times champion is no joke. Walking away from the scene of a crash without checking on the safety of your fellow driver actually reduced his worth as a would be champion in my estimate. It's not the done thing. He has to grow up and grow up fast in his current position as the young pretender to Lewis Hamilton's crown. But before then, he has to drive with his brain fully engaged at all times.

2 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Angbakpa(m): 1:59am On Sep 13, 2021
Microwhy:

What you guys are nurturing playfully is dangerous..
Even the US realised it was a too much and very expensive propaganda which they now want to correct.
Stop brewing what is very delicate..

Bia, micro Y abi na Maka Y. This useless monica wey you dey use sef, abi you no see wetin the op write for him signature ne??.....wetin differentiate am from TERRORIST?
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Judybash93(m): 2:25am On Sep 13, 2021
Richidi12:
4sg
Gettat

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Prenonjebose: 2:51am On Sep 13, 2021
There was no way Max could have squeezed through at the turn. Initially, I felt Hamilton could have given him a little space, but then that would have put Max straight ahead, and a little difficult to catch up with it. Max, on the other hand knew what would be outcome of the squeezing. He just was not ready to break and leave the inner circle to avoid the crash.
One of Hamilton's crew member likened it to a professional foul as obtained in soccer.

2 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Flossq: 5:20am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

Sponsorships that’s how they make money.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kingcalls: 5:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Irunmole:

You're waxing lyrical for Max for his obviously very dangerous manoeuvre, driving into Hamilton's space and path and not yielding. Thank God Lewis came out unscathed through providence and improvements to F1 cars especially with incorporation of the protective 'Halo'. It could have been worse but it wasn't.

Max has been rightly judged by the stewards to be in the wrong with three grid penalty points given to him for the Russian grand prix. Yes he's ambitious and wants to win the championship, he just has to temper his irrational and somettimes reckless i-don't-care typical driving style with common sense and better sense of judgement else someone might get killed or seriously injured if he's not out in check by Christian Horner of Red Bull who bleats and complains about anything that involves Lewis, however legal and legitimate, driving wise.
He, Max, has to show some respect and maturity which he clearly lacks for Lewis. To be a seven times champion is no joke. Walking away from the scene of a crash without checking on the safety of your fellow driver actually reduced his worth as a would be champion in my estimate. It's not the done thing. He has to grow up and grow up fast in his current position as the young pretender to Lewis Hamilton's crown. But before then, he has to drive with his brain fully engaged at all times.

But when Lewis crashed into maxs' car some weeks ago and it landed max in hospital and Lewis dint check or asked , finished the race and even celebrated, he had some points deducted but it dint matter to him cos max dint get a single point due to the crash that Lewis caused.... and it wudnt be the first time Lewis will cause a crash towards a rival, I think he did it to Sebastian a few years ago...
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Enyimbamercedes: 5:46am On Sep 13, 2021
Only?

If Lewis was at fault, they would have given him a 30 second stop and go penalty plus a 10 place grid drop!

Verstappen’s action was intentional; rather than let Lewis out score him, he would knock him out and neutralize their scores.

Lewis was on the medium and would easily have made up positions by going long on the hard in his first stint, Verstappen was on the hard and lost position from a bad pit stop and would probably have finished in 5th or less while Lewis may have finished P1!

We would never know now
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ruggedtimi(m): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2021
After only a sec penalty for Lewis at silverstone..this one show say FIA and Mercedes are brothers.
Now max has lando, Charles and George Russell to beat to get the championship and that won't be easy

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ruggedtimi(m): 6:01am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

How many people enter the arena to watch.
you know how much the ticket cost? F1 has fans in Europe,Asia and america.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by zoomman(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

They make a whole bunch of money. There's sponsor's, spectators and Tv rights.

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ritux: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2021
wasspord:

This your analysis is not valid and biased. Max was just too aggressive and should have backed out from that move just the way Lewis backed out in turn 2 at the start of the race. That is experience from Lewis.

It was a tactical foul if I may call it from Max because he knew LH would have gone for the win if he had stayed ahead after he Max spent 11+ secs on the pit which was gameover for him in terms of winning the race.

The verdict of the stewards is fair and I think Max should have gotten 5 place penalty in Sochi and not 3.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ritux: 6:39am On Sep 13, 2021
ruggedtimi:
After only a sec penalty for Lewis at silverstone..this one show say FIA and Mercedes are brothers.
Now max has lando, Charles and George Russell to beat to get the championship and that won't be easy

Bro Lewis got 10 secs penalty at Silverstone and not 1. We do not have 1 second penalty in F1. I guess it was a typo error from you.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ruggedtimi(m): 6:42am On Sep 13, 2021
ritux:

Bro Lewis got 10 secs penalty at Silverstone and not 1. We do not have 1 second penalty in F1. I guess it was a typo error from you.
I meant the penalty was just seconds....1or 10. Still sec didn't meantion 1 sec.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ritux: 6:43am On Sep 13, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
Only?

If Lewis was at fault, they would have given him a 30 second stop and go penalty plus a 10 place grid drop!

Verstappen’s action was intentional; rather than let Lewis out score him, he would knock him out and neutralize their scores.

Lewis was on the medium and would easily have made up positions by going long on the hard in his first stint, Verstappen was on the hard and lost position from a bad pit stop and would probably have finished in 5th or less while Lewis may have finished P1!

We would never know now
�. On point. Absolutely true. Mercedes need to up their game on pit stops as well like Redbull. If Lewis had not spent 4 sec during his pit stop, he would have come out ahead of Lando and probably avoid this crash and then chased Ricciado for the win.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Mcfi(m): 7:15am On Sep 13, 2021
dawnomike:
Glad Hamilton came out unscathed..

I am telling you. They just want to bring the guy down.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kevinsamba: 7:29am On Sep 13, 2021
Not true
hopefulLandlord:
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 7:30am On Sep 13, 2021
Las Las these boys will kill themselves, driving like danfo drivers, them no dey give themselves chance, Max should have backed out, but he will be doing strong head
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2021
ritux:

�. On point. Absolutely true. Mercedes need to up their game on pit stops as well like Redbull. If Lewis had not spent 4 sec during his pit stop, he would have come out ahead of Lando and probably avoid this crash and then chased Ricciado for the win.
If Max hadn't spent 11 secs in the pitlane, he would have passed Lewis. There are lots of IF but Max knows he was wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hugo Broos Has Not Resigned. / Nigeria U15 Beat Morocco U15 3-2 @ African Youth Games. / Clarence Seedorf To Arrive Nigeria For Heineken UEFA Champions League Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.