Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (52406 Views)

Woman Drags Ex-lover To Court For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by gina34(f): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2005
Can you go out with your [former] guy's brother or your [former] girl's sister?

What am really asking is:
- For the ladies, if you can date your [former] guy's brother.
- For you guys, if you can date your [former] girl's sister.

If "yes", what's your reason? If "no", what's your reason?
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by dablessed(f): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2005
I do not think anyone in their right sences should do such.

I have not said it is right or wrong to go out with your ex's sibling. But if you have to do it, then we must examine your state of mind and conclude you  certainly need to visit a psychiatric doctor. grin
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Seun(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2005
Inasmuch as it makes some people uncomfortable, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Once you've dumped your boyfriend/girldriend/fiance/fiancee it's none of your business who chooses to fall in love with him or her.

If you choose to reject a plate of food you shouldn't complain when you see someone else enjoying it. If you don't want your sibling to take over your lover, then stick to him/her.

1 Like

Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by dablessed(f): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2005
Seun,

The very reason why your ex dropped you, is the same reason you will be chucked by his/her sibling. I seriously doubt if such a relationship will last.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by IAH(f): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2005
That's totally absurd.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by dablessed(f): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2005
IAH:

That's totally absurd.

How absurd?
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by babadudu(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2005
No, I can't date my ex-lover's sister. what sister in her right mind will do such a thing? At some point, my ex and I have had feelings for each other, shared special moments together and all....all of a sudden I'm trying to experience the same thing with my ex's sister? In the event that it does happen, I know the relationship with my ex's sister won't lead to anything serious.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by dablessed(f): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2005
babadudu:

No, I can't date my ex-lover's sister. what sister in her right mind will do such a thing? At some point, my ex and I have had feelings for each other, shared special moments together and all....all of a sudden I'm trying to experience the same thing with my ex's sister? In the event that it does happen, I know the relationship with my ex's sister won't lead to anything serious.

God bless you! You said it all!
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by babadudu(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed:

God bless you! You said it all!

Amen....and you too.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by hotangel2(f): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2005
Well...I wouldn't wanna have anything to do with my ex-brother. That is just not right.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Seun(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2005
Ex-brother? HNow how does someone become an ex-brother? grin
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by debugger(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2005
I think the issue at hand cannot be answered outrightly, coz alot of constraint shld be taken into consideration, first, wht happed between u and the girl/bou b4 u left her or him, this hv to be cleared first.

but if ur ex-gurl\boy's brotha is much intelligent and hansome/beautiful and two of u hv a mutual understd, then no then happun. ---i mean go head.

the platform matters alot
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by solo2(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2005
No. nobody can do that, any person who does is sick in the head.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by hotangel2(f): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2005
Seun:

Ex-brother?  HNow how does someone become an ex-brother? grin

My ex-bf's brother. My ex's brother.. Sorry for the mistake.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Motee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2005
I can’t do such thing but for whoever is interested…..there is nothing bad.

I support Seun's view.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Vieira(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2005
solo2:

No. nobody can do that, any person who does is sick in the head.

which is why I have been trying to tell people that Princess Diana must have been sick in her head!!

I cannot imagine my brother going out with my ex-girlfriend!

eyama!

so I will not do it to someone else, and if worse comes to worse and I have fallen in love with the sister of my ex and she feels the same way then i must date in secret becuase I know there is no way my ex will be happy about it!
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by pkrix(m): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2005
I, like the Debugger(one of the forumists) Would only support Seun's view if the case of the rejection of a lover by the other is considered strictly though I will not do it no matter the case.

However, a friend did it sometime ago but just as a way to avenge himself on his ex for what she did; it succeed at first but turned diastrous later cos the ex is a senior to her sister(the new lover).
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by legry(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2005
It's bee done, but how long would it last?
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Beautiful(m): 2:19pm On Jul 04, 2005
Damn!!!!!!!!!!! what a question ? where lies my dignity if i do such a thing .
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by love4ever(f): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2005
that is out my thinks and it is not normal to do please
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by tayotina(f): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2005
It's just not right.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by kazey(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2005
why not?

But that would "cos wahala o". Because, that would mean the ladies house is no go zone, and besides it might cause a lot of troubles between the sisters. Jelousy can cause a lot of damages. So its a "NO" if you have feelings for other people's sensitivity, but if you dont, why not wink.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by gina34(f): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2005
@kazey what is your answer yes or no cos i don't get your post.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by nike4luv(f): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2005
its kinda not right cos your ex can tell bad stuff bout u to his/her brother that is not right and might not let the relationship work
plus its not cool
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by gina34(f): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2005
Exactly, but some girls do it.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2005
i can depending on what da guy might have done 2 cause da breakup
if he did something 2 really hurt me,dat will be ma way of paying him back
but then also,i wouldn't like 2 cause bad blood between 2 brothers rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by cheekee(f): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2005
Rhodalyn:

i can depending on what da guy might have done 2 cause da breakup
if he did something 2 really hurt me,theat will be ma way of paying him back
but then also,i wouldn't like 2 cause bad blood between 2 brothers rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
i totally agree u rhodalyn wink
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by icingbaby(f): 12:26am On Nov 16, 2005
why will I want to date inside the family I already dated, if I do that that mean I don't have respect for my self and for him, that is just wrong leave that family alone.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by gina34(f): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2005
Tell them?
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2006
cheekee:

i totally agree u rhodalyn wink
Cheers cheekee grin grin
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by koloman(m): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2006
please you guyz should understand that ur feelings matters alot,no matter how or what will take you to satisfy ur feeling then u must lean how to archive that out to your self.it is time we all learn how to leave a easy relationship life that could be judge with how much feelings and care you have for that person cos it last better than thinking of a relationship that the outside mind will admire very much,may be she is pretty or he his handsome,a social home,rich or the other way round from a particular home,tribe or a relation should stop you from going out with him or she.

men!!

as for me i worship my heart very much...........so i can go out with my ex-girlfriend sister if right inside me i discover that we both love and want ourselves........ no matter what have cause me to be her sister ex boyfriend.i will establish my love known to her. cool kiss cool
icingbaby:

why will I want to date inside the family I already dated, if I do that that mean I don't have respect for my self and for him, that is just wrong leave that family alone.
Re: Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? by Kendra(f): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2006
i wouldnt do that even though my exes brother is sooo fine

it woud mess up our friendship

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, What Were The Things You Did To Impress A Girl? / My Hall Mate Used A Hanger To Abort Her Baby. / Never Make A Sex Video With Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.