Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries (36651 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / The Day Two South-East Governors Shouted At Each Other / "Two South-East Governors To Join APC" – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Ibkhaleel001: 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
eas01:

All these essays you keep plucking from where ever is hogwash. Okay, since the Arewa aboki NE and NW are more economically viable and can generate bigger IGRs than most southern states as you say, support resource control for every state with each state contributing a percentage to the centre and support state collection of VAT. Simple ! QED !
But we all know the reality. i repeat the GDP of aboki NE and NW is a function of oil proceeds, VAT; Oil proceeds is from the south and VAT contribution is from the south. Your whole economy is built on southern money. Even your agriculture. The FG invests in agriculture in the aboki NE and NW with money from southern oil proceeds, VAT, remittance payments... Then you sell your products to us. You even supposed to give us food for free. Ungrateful mallams.
You claim zamfara IGR is more than alot of southern states. That is simply because zamfara taxes more than those states. IGR is state government revenue from taxation and other fees. The GDP of zamfara is less tham most southern states. Heck, delta state with upwards of 6M people has a higher GDP than kano that claims to have a population of 15M. grin I laugh in fula.
As for you cynics that have no value to add in the dilemma except vituperation, and abuses, we know that is the substance they are made up of. No qualms whatsoever! you don’t expect fragrance from feces.

Fiscal federalism or true federalism (which means regionalism), control of resources in your region, etc., Like weak centre and active region, I swear to God, these aren't idea that people squeezed from thin air.
These were ideas propagated from the works and ideas of Muslim politicians of the north before independence. (Just pick the book, my life by Sardauna Ahmadu Bello, and open the various debates in central legislative council from the Richard Governor general time, focussing more on macpherson time of 1956).
The ideas I mentioned were never gotten from awolowo, it was never gotten from azikiwe. It was gotten from Sardauna. Yes, Ahmadu Bello and his fellow intellectuals invented these ideas to protect the north. But Christian politicians in the south kept fighting it because they felt Nigeria is in their favour.
Eventually, they won, and Allah granted the muslim North victory with what they lost. The Christian south are now complaining.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by eas01: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ibkhaleel001:
As for you cynics that have no value to add in the dilemma except vituperation, and abuses, we know that is the substance they are made up of. No qualms whatsoever! you don’t expect fragrance from feces.

Fiscal federalism or true federalism (which means regionalism), control of resources in your region, etc., Like weak centre and active region, I swear to God, these aren't idea that people squeezed from thin air.
These were ideas propagated from the works and ideas of Muslim politicians of the north before independence. (Just pick the book, my life by Sardauna Ahmadu Bello, and open the various debates in central legislative council from the Richard Governor general time, focussing more on macpherson time of 1956).
The ideas I mentioned were never gotten from awolowo, it was never gotten from azikiwe. It was gotten from Sardauna. Yes, Ahmadu Bello and his fellow intellectuals invented these ideas to protect the north. But Christian politicians in the south kept fighting it because they felt Nigeria is in their favour.
Eventually, they won, and Allah granted the muslim North victory with what they lost. The Christian south are now complaining.
Again i told you from the start the north was forcefully almagamated with the north because the north was in debt and backward. The positive balance of payment of the south was used to support the north. The muslim north you talk about is the NE and NW except Taraba and Adamawa which are not muslim states.
Since you so confident in your self sufficiency, fight for regionalism. I dont know how the muslim north won as you say because based on all Human development indices, the NE and NW are the most backward. You guys would have been more backward like your niger and chad brothers if you were your own country. Face fact. Places like kaduna for example have most of its GDP from FG patronage. Virtually a huge chunk of FG angencies, military infrastructure in located in kaduna. Just imagine. All these are funded with FG money gotten from the south; the whole ecosystem from payment of salary down to the lady who sells in a corner shop. Its all there thanks to FG infrastructure located in kaduna state. Kaduna has more FG agencies.. than the south and middlebelt combined. All these funded with southern and middlebelt resources and VAT. After you will tell me that kaduna is at the top. grin. I laugh in mohammed.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by omoalaro: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Five northern states, two south-western states, two south-south states, and one south-eastern state collected a total of N373.84bn of the N836.51bn Value Added Tax allocation available for states in 14 months.

But why is the whole North always lumped together but South is always South West, South South and South East.
Why not tell us how many states in the North east, North West and North central just as you did for the South.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Ibkhaleel001: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
eas01:

Again i told you from the start the north was forcefully almagamated with the north because the north was in debt and backward. The positive balance of payment of the south was used to support the north. The muslim north you talk about is the NE and NW except Taraba and Adamawa which are not muslim states.
Since you so confident in your self sufficiency, fight for regionalism. I dont know how the muslim north won as you say because based on all Human development indices, the NE and NW are the most backward. You guys would have been more backward like your niger and chad brothers if you were your own country. Face fact. Places like kaduna for example have most of its GDP from FG patronage. Virtually a huge chunk of FG angencies, military infrastructure in located in kaduna. Just imagine. All these are funded with FG money gotten from the south; the whole ecosystem from payment of salary down to the lady who sells in a corner shop. Its all there thanks to FG infrastructure located in kaduna state. Kaduna has more FG agencies.. than the south and middlebelt combined. All these funded with southern and middlebelt resources and VAT. After you will tell me that kaduna is at the top. grin. I laugh in mohammed.
useless Nyamiri flat headed monster from the HIV and Erosion ravaged region 

Is that how one behaves when he worship a human being?
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Ibkhaleel001: 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
eas01:

Anti-Muslim demagoguery like you rely on the demonization of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam), who is characterized by Islam-hating liars as been bad because they have nothing to offer....I really pity you guys

Polytheist trinitarian pagans
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Flexherbal(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Speaktruth88:

Has your governor paid salaries? Governors get a monthly budget so how much work is your governor doing with the money he gets? Common reps member gets N100m for their constituents so which projects have they done in your local government?

What you are saying are part of the problem.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by Ibkhaleel001: 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
eas01:

mad

1 Like

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by EagleNest(m): 4:44am On Sep 14, 2021
codemaniacs:

It was ironsi and ojukwu that finished the south by abolishing regionalism and creating a unitary government.

And what did the north do to restore regionalism if they so much loved regional government. None! Rather they went on "military coup" competition, and deceptively took advantage of other tribes, and rigged the whole system for their own selfish benefits. And today the whole nation is in pain. Hippocrites!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by codemaniacs: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2021
EagleNest:

And what did the north do to restore regionalism if they so much loved regional government. None! Rather they went on "military coup" competition, and deceptively took advantage of other tribes, and rigged the whole system for their own selfish benefits. And today the whole nation is in pain. Hippocrites!

the north saw what the ironsi, azikiwe and ojukwu were trying to do and they made sure they held on to it and kept it that way... they did not owe it to anyone to restore regionalism, If Ironsi and ojukwu coup had lasted for years the same way the northern military lasted for years then Igbos like you won't be saying things like "restore regionalism" because it would have favored Igbos and the whole nation will still be in pain..

Ironsi, Ojukwu through their coup had already rigged the whole system to the favor of who controlled the federal govt.. so all any of the other tribes had to do was control the federal government and in this case the northern soldiers ensured they did...
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by kayusely70(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2021
The system we operate in Nigeria is unfair, lopsided and unjust. It has to be discarded!
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by EagleNest(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2021
codemaniacs:

the north saw what the ironsi, azikiwe and ojukwu were trying to do and they made sure they held on to it and kept it that way... they did not owe it to anyone to restore regionalism, If Ironsi and ojukwu coup had lasted for years the same way the northern military lasted for years then Igbos like you won't be saying things like "restore regionalism" because it would have favored Igbos and the whole nation will still be in pain..

Ironsi, Ojukwu through their coup had already rigged the whole system to the favor of who controlled the federal govt.. so all any of the other tribes had to do was control the federal government and in this case the northern soldiers ensured they did...

Well none of the names you mentioned carried out any coup in Nigeria instead they twarted it. And if all you think is that the current mess in Nigeria should remain as far as Igbos never leads Nigeria, then you are only self inflicting wounds to yourself. Igbos are independent in their mind, and only care for justice and equity for all unlike the deceptive neighbors. So enjoy the mess you are proud of, because in una mind u think you are hurting Igbos.
Re: VAT: Five Northern, Two South-west, Two South-South States Top Beneficiaries by codemaniacs: 8:38am On Sep 15, 2021
EagleNest:

Well none of the names you mentioned carried out any coup in Nigeria instead they twarted it. And if all you think is that the current mess in Nigeria should remain as far as Igbos never leads Nigeria, then you are only self inflicting wounds to yourself. Igbos are independent in their mind, and only care for justice and equity for all unlike the deceptive neighbors. So enjoy the mess you are proud of, because in una mind u think you are hurting Igbos.

In 1965 Nnamdi Azikiwe was the president of Nigeria, so you're wrong about the fact that Igbos have never lead Nigeria.

ironsi was the first military head of state of Nigeria and the major coup plotters ( Kaduna Nzeogwu and Emmanuel Ifeajuna ) carried out a coup and put ironsi as head of state and Ironsi made changes that has continued and will continue to affect Nigeria and Nigerians..

Ironsi and the 1966 coup plotters are the ones responsible for Nigeria's current mess...

I don't care who becomes Nigeria's president.

In 1965, Nnamdi Azikiwe was the president of Nigeria, so Igbos were leading Nigeria when their fellow Igbos decided to plot coup that ended up inflicting wounds on their fellow Igbos..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi On His Way To His Polling Unit In Agulu, Anambra State / Photo Of Fidel Castro And MKO Abiola / DSS Denies Aiding Attacks On EndSARS Protester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.