Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army (27795 Views)

Can You Take A Job That Pays Less Than N50,000 As A BSc Holder? / How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Obodo999(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
Albert0011:
Why not the navy or air force?

All na the same. Soldiers for war front
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by yetunsbay(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Because that's the career I choose and I see for myself only in that profession
what stops u studying at NDA
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Jolite(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oga go and join fire brigade, that's if you value your life.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by MansoryMX(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Hope you hear say bandits still kill 12 military few days ago. If you enter today na tomorrow dem go ship you go war front.

Goodluck soldier.

Hahahahahahahahahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by yetunsbay(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
Andyvilly:
With your certificate you are assured of a top ranking position, go for it.
lol. Trust hin Sabi a General sha

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by pedenaca: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Funny comments
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by mema900: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Because that's the career I choose and I see for myself only in that profession

In a country like this? Are you for real!!!!
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by mema900: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
vikgreen01:
Do not be discouraged by the comments u see here op.
If u have the passion for the job go for it but be determined any wing of armed forces is not a joke. If u are someone that think military is for flexing pls don’t try it. As someone said in a group that most past and present top officers and generals joined with passion which makes them succeeded in the profession so you have to know what u are signing for. There are a lot of graduates like u who has joined. Don’t mind anybody.

Few people have guided u here. There are two options for graduates.

DDSC and SSC( direct short service commission and short service combatant).
Dssc are for professionals with professional bodies and practicing license. Thou there are few regular courses that always pop up under Dssc category for example If u are a graduate of biochemistry, statistics and some courses I have forgotten u will fit under ORDINANCE CORP and mind you options changes every year.
Ssc is mainly for all graduates irrespective of your course of study and this is majorly combat role. Nysc discharge certificate is a MUST.

Another thing to take note is your age. According to last year Dssc/Ssc recruitment the age for
Dssc candidates start from 28-40yrs
Ssc candidates from 18-27yrs. Here again age requirement also changes every year.

A word of advice to you op as u are trying applying to army also try navy and airforce as well and lastly as Nigeria settings is you have to know someone that know someone BUT you can also get it on merit. Good luck!!!.

You are just giving him theoretical fact. In reality, joining the army is one of the worst things to do at this time
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by NLKing01: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
I hope you are not from the South? A guy close to me just ran away from NDA last month when they were frustrating life out of those from the South. According to him, people from Borno and other Northern state are given preference treatment. On a particular day before he left, the northern guys started entering hostels breaking things and beating anyone that could not speak their language. My guy manage to escape and ran for his dear life
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by mema900: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
VEXT:
Good one.. They pay well..175k

Thats just $300 remember. The cost of just one average mobile phone
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by bab22: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:
Pardon my typo errors; I graduated from a federal university with bsc second class upper honours in Nigeria,I intend joining the army but I do not know my way around nor do I have someone to guide me through the process and make a good decision,I will appreciate all the advice and information given to me ,the dos and don't and the best way to apply having my degree in hand

Please I need all the advice and opinion you can give no matter how different it sounds thanks
People dey quit u self dey join. U wan die
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by enemyofprogress: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Lol, but aren't you in love with Dominique the moderator?
she is playing hard to get, moreover, she is not ready to settle down now, she said marriage is not in her agenda for now
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by enemyofprogress: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
bab22:
People dey quit u self dey join. U wan die
no mind am. Him wan die for nothing
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Guyman02: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
post=105773178:

God be with you and see you through as you go through this journey.
God will ALWAYS be your guard and guide.
It will end in praise for you.
Ignore anyone laughing at your dreams and aspirations.

We Rise.
Don't rise, show him your pictures from Sambisa front angry
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Benteebaba(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
I will rather advise you go for another job than joining the army but if u insist in joining the job then you can dm and promise to guide your steps and put you through
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Theultimate(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

As much as I wish you well. Your chances are as narrow as needle's mouth.

You have to know someone. Not just someone but from "very high" place.

I'm talking from experience.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Amtrak: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm.... mumuness.

Lol... It's like you're from the north.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Emekus999(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bross, please don't join,,, u just want to sacrifice your life for nothing.. Then internationally, you'll not be regarded as a good citizen but rather a killer terrorist... Anybody in Nigeria defence unit either police, has no name Internationally.. They are most currupt and terrorists.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by mbaka0433: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
VPN village people network at work, 5g better use ur life do ritual than wasting it for bandits and terrorists or u can even join homosexual gang there are more useful ways to waste ur life than joining NA nah
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by IMASTEX: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Two things are involved:

1. You don't read news.
2. You don't have any compassion for your parents.
Lol. . .most likely the later. I recommend that the parents quickly invite Kanayo O. Kanaya for necessary action at least they can't lose two things "time/money spent on him and the fact that he has decided to take a suicide mission".

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by sweetkev(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
McOluOmo:
Baba, I take God beg you, look for a better job, security is a very big challenge in this country for now, don't waste your education in the hands of bandits and kidnappers from up north

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by hareskay(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2021
I'd have loved to serve my country in another way it her than this.

BTW, think am twice o
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by IQscanner: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
Benteebaba:
I will rather advise you go for another job than joining the army but if u insist in joining the job then you can dm and promise to guide your steps and put you through
I just sent you a message sir
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Algold: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Two things are involved:

1. You don't read news.

Your yeye smell come outside nairaland grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Gfskw: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Then do
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by ImaIma1(f): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

That would mean applying for Direct service which is usually a 6months programme, since you already have a degree.

It's quite competitive to get in. Because, I knew then that it was 4 people per state. Starts with about 16 candidates and narrows down after the tests. Your course of study would apply, if it's something that is hot cake and not very common.

The assessment is quite tough. They check you medically/physically (you come in with only your briefs and they check every single thing even to the number of your balls). The educational assessment is in front of a group of generals and they will ask you questions from your course of study.

The last is the fitness test. You are to run 3.2km in about 5 or 10mins (I don't quite remember).
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by skuribeebo: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
Go and join now, who stop you.
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2021
pooozeee:
I have full info on how you can join the military, I have friends in there, I have brothers in there and I have cousins too in the military and all are in senior officers position from Col to brigadier general.
But I will not advice you to join the military at this time there are crises in every part of the country, you might not even have a stable life plan as you will be posted almost every 4months to different part of the country.
You have got a good grade from the university, I will advice you to go for your masters in the UK or US

I will register Ssc recruitment by 2024,
I tink i will need ur help sir,
if i die i die...................
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
Benteebaba:
Sir i will register by 2024,
I tink i might need ur help sir,

If i die i die,,,
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by rhames(m): 10:53pm On Sep 13, 2021
IQscanner:

The process is simple but the conditions very difficult. If you are eventually admitted, you will be through the Direct Regular Course where you will spend eighteen months to become an officer.

There is a cavaet however.

You may have to live with the fact that some of your mates will be promoted rapidly while you rot on the same level for a while.

But its an interesting journey all the way.

From an ex officer candidate back in the day. 1994,1995,1996,1997.

Good luck boss
Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Two things are involved:

1. You don't read news.
Hahhahhahha

1 Like

Re: I Have A BSc Degree And Want To Join The Army by Hassanmaye(m): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Teach him bombing na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful / Cleaner At Lagos Airport Who Returned Money 4 Times Complains Of No Rewards / Update: He Is Crippled But Works As A Cobbler: Very Inspiring (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.