Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port (4244 Views)

60% Of Metered Customers Bypass Meters, Says TCN / Lagos VAT Contribution: Between Fact And Fiction / Akpabio: 60% Of NDDC Contracts Are Awarded to National Assembly Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by Mack5ive: 9:51am On Sep 14, 2021
tollyboy5:

Lagos is planning on a bigger port in badagry, the road construction to badagry is ten lane with a blue line rail.
Nobody is favoring Lagos. Lagos favored herself by improving fedral road that has capital impact on her economy.
Stop the jealousy bro
Lagos even is already developing the Lekki deep seaport which will be ready to open up for business by next year
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by HornyTave: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2021
theInterpreter:
you know you're joking

Google states per GDP per capita in Nigeria

the Yoruba in delta are less than 5k

Truly sha, Abeokuta is not as developed compared to Asaba. Rest.
Lagos and Ibadan would fend better because of population and businesses not Ogun.
Akure is like Uromi, while Ado Ekiti is like Auchi...
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by HornyTave: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Grayoso:
@OP.

4 pages and no one has called you out? Can't believe it. Guys Google "60% of lagos vat from port" you will see that the only link to this ludicrous assertion is this same thread on Nairaland.

Too much jealousy for Lagos and Yorubas in Nigeria sha. This always prompt people to say the dumbest thing in the attempt to deny Lagos and the Yorubas of credit.

VAT means value added tax . It is a form of consumption tax. Consumption tax is a tax on the purchase of a good or service that end users pay. VAT is collected by retailers of goods and services and paid to the government.

VAT is also collected on imports at the port but it won't be responsible for 60% of Lagos VAT total as this OP claims because he deliberately and fraudulently bypasses other significant avenues of VAT collection.

VAT is also paid by MDAs on contract awards with Abuja being the main beneficiary as most MDAs are located in Abuja and pay VAT there.

Most important to note, specifically concerning Lagos, is VAT end user consumers pay i.e ordinary folks going about their daily life. This is where the wealth, population, purchasing power and huge market of Lagos comes into play.

As an example, people should find out the number of supermarkets, clubs; bars, eateries, spas, retail shops, hotels etc in Lagos and how that numbers dwarfs the equivalent in other States of Lagos to understand the huge amount of VAT being collected in Lagos.

Simply put, Lagos is the most commercially active State in Nigeria by far with consumption of goods and services on a gargantuan level in comparison to the rest of Nigeria. VAT paid by end user consumers would be responsible in the main for the VAT figures of Lagos to an extent I doubt other sources of VAT collection can match.

OP, stop hating and start appreciating. Your life will be better for it.

I agree with you.
Lagos dwarf all other states in commerce. Ah, Lagos also dwarf Ghana, Liberia and Cameroon combined.

What the guy is saying is, Lagos port, which is the oldest and the most viable port in Nigeria ( Onne port is more for oil ) is an advantage to Lagos.
That's true sha, cause most suppliers outside Nigeria basically choses Apapa as the port destination.
Out of all my suppliers only 1 asked if to use Onne, others na Apapa.
Also State govt has a tax share in import, check the lagos tax law for verification
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by HornyTave: 10:24am On Sep 14, 2021
theInterpreter:
maybe they are Itsekiri

I repeat
the Yoruba in delta are less than 5k

Even Yorubas in Esan only pass 10k

List places you've been in nigeria abeg
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 14, 2021
Factshunter:

I actually did. It's quite unforune my brother, people get some man-made info and they run with it just like that on this platform ;

Well done bro. I see it now. At least one person saw through him. God save some of our people from mental/thinking laziness.

It is the reason our leaders get away with murder. Followers are too distracted with frivolities which leaves them open to deceptive propaganda being peddled by the likes of the OP who have their own agenda of deceiving those who never think or find out information for themselves.

I was not surprised to Google and find no single credible source for his ludicrous assertion because I know most Nigerians are casually fraudulent, deceitful and ready to use deception to con others or gain an advantage.

We are all basically scamming each other in Nigeria. Leaders and followers na scam. Complainer and those they complain against, na scam bro.

Corruption buster and the allegedly corrupt folks they are calling out are both scammers. Worker dey plan to scam oga while oga is always looking for ways to cheat workers. NDDC na scam.

Olosho na scammer and customer sef ready to japa without payment. Majority of pastors are scammers. Meanwhile cleric by day and terror sympathiser by night.

Politicians will announce publicly "we condemn all terror acts and are fighting terrorist rigorously". Privately they are sponsoring bandits and terrorists while using their position to supply them with the most sophisticated weapons and frustrate/undermine our armed forces.

All, at every level, na scam in Naija bro.
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by FantasyHub: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2021
nigeria remains a scam.
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by Masterkernel1: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2021
theInterpreter:
does Ogun have a port?
does Ogun have oil?
does Ogun have 22 million people?

how dumber can a man sound?

You're highly dementia. Invest same amount in Ogun and watch mass influx. I should have asked you the school that graduated you, mass Exodus from rural to urban areas is as a result of availability of infrastructures.
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by theInterpreter: 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Masterkernel1:

You're highly dementia. Invest same amount in Ogun and watch mass influx. I should have asked you the school that graduated you, mass Exodus from rural to urban areas is as a result of availability of infrastructures.
grin

name-calling

does Ogun have ports
does Ogun have oil?
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by theInterpreter: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2021
HornyTave:

Even Yorubas in Esan only pass 10k
List places you've been in nigeria abeg
I don't need to list anything
Yoruba in delta no pass 5k take that and cash it out
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by theInterpreter: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
HornyTave:

Truly sha, Abeokuta is not as developed compared to Asaba. Rest.
Lagos and Ibadan would fend better because of population and businesses not Ogun.
Akure is like Uromi, while Ado Ekiti is like Auchi...
Google GDP per capita per states and don't be smart by a quarter
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by Masterkernel1: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
theInterpreter:
grin

name-calling

does Ogun have ports
does Ogun have oil?

Ogun doesn't, but enjoying influx of Lagos masses.
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by theInterpreter: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Ogun doesn't, but enjoying influx of Lagos masses.
influx of Lagos masses?

hmm
is it those Lagos masses that create the income?

the only relationship between Ogun and Lagos is that most people who work in Lagos live in Ogun

and that doesn't guarantee income

and don't forget

ogun's population is just around 5 million

one of the smallest in nigeria. masterkernel1
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by Masterkernel1: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
theInterpreter:
influx of Lagos masses?

hmm
is it those Lagos masses that create the income?

the only relationship between Ogun and Lagos is that most people who work in Lagos live in Ogun

and that doesn't guarantee income

Even the blind those that lots of companies, have stationed their productions in Ogun state, while supplying Lagos market.

Abeokuta is the capital right? Why is land costlier in Ojodu, Iseri etc those areas close to Lagos than Abeokuta the capital?

I have a friend who's farm is located 10 minutes away from Abeokuta, he supplies eggs worth a million and half weekly to Lagos, so what are you talking?
Re: Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port by theInterpreter: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
Masterkernel1:

Even the blind those that lots of companies, have stationed their productions in Ogun state, while supplying Lagos market.

Abeokuta is the capital right? Why is land costlier in Ojodu, Iseri etc those areas close to Lagos than Abeokuta the capital?

I have a friend who's farm is located 10 minutes away from Abeokuta, he supplies eggs worth a million and half weekly to Lagos, so what are you talking?
Ogun factories supply Oyo and other SW states and Kwara
barely Lagos
Lagos has all the companies needed for its market
instead you see more Lagos products in Ogun State

land is costlier in Ota especially (where I live) because of it borders Lagos and people working in Lagos would want a place close to where they work
it's simple logic

your friend is your friend
absolutely not average Ogun dwellers

so why is Banana island and Ikoyi more expensive than Ikeja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: We Carefully Selected 27 New Commissioners To Enhance Life Of Abians / My Apologies For Been Engaged In Tribal Issues In The Past Few Months / Most Handsome Governor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.