Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians (22853 Views)

Beyonce Pays Tribute To Fela Kuti,performs His 1976 "Zombie" At Coachella(video) / Ugandan Singer Begs Wizkid To Impregnate Her, Says "My Womb Is Ready" / "Don't Compare Wizkid With Fela" - Sound Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by free2ryhme: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Burnaboy basically plagiarized Fela's music - Fela's estate should force him to pay royalty.

Burnaboy is heavy influence by his mum

His mum was a dancer in fela's band.

Do you now see where the influence is from
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by donforeign: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Burnaboy basically plagiarized Fela's music - Fela's estate should force him to pay royalty.
u be ode big one
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by SuperNova33: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ko possible !!

Wizkid is an artiste

While the legend of Africa

BABA70 fela anikulapo kuti

Is a MUSICIAN, Prophet, father of many nations, leader, warrior amongst many others.

Wizkid Dey him narrow lane. Infact without Fela, there will be No afro sound. I dare say.

RiP to the GOAT of GOaTs !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by GGirll: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Fela was not just a music legend.. he was a man for the people, by the people and with the people..

Fela wasn't doing music for entertainment.. he discovered music to be a weapon used to fight, speak and educate the government and the people..

It's a taboo to put WizKid and fela in the same sentence for comparison..

The only person that came close to seun kuti is Idris aldulkareem.. I think he was the only one with guts to mention names in a song describing the ills of government and their corrupt ways

Also falz
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by GGirll: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
That small wiz or whatever he's called can never be equated with Dela n Jackson no matter how they package him after his sell out lol.....I will always compare him with his mates like Davido n buna boy sha
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by sylve11: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Very funny comparison.
grin cool
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by ppogba: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
Same way nobody should compare Messi with Maradona.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Hawkler: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Fela was not just a music legend.. he was a man for the people, by the people and with the people..

Fela wasn't doing music for entertainment.. he discovered music to be a weapon used to fight, speak and educate the government and the people..

It's a taboo to put WizKid and fela in the same sentence for comparison..

The only person that came close to seun kuti is Idris aldulkareem.. I think he was the only one with guts to mention names in a song describing the ills of government and their corrupt ways
Fela soul and body is music, can you imagine someone who dump Medicine for Music.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Mozegee: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
It is stupidity of any one to compare wiskid with Fela.Fela was a freedom fighter and wiskid music has nothing to add in a matured men life except the indomie generations.what a Rubish and insult to Fela.quote author=Mastakija post=105774984]I dont understand why ppl will b comparing wizkid to fela
Wizkid sings more abt women and some other shits
while fela is mostly abt freedom and bad governance[/quote]
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Lightorder: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
Mastakija:
I dont understand why ppl will b comparing wizkid to fela
while fela is mostly abt freedom and bad governance
I like Wizkid because he is creative and not doing badly with keys in songs. But I HATE his lyrics!!! He is one of those God must hold responsible for destroying our youngsters. There is nothing to learn in his songs. He has no message. Sad enough, he is a role model to many of our youths misbehaving out there. Sex, weeds, drugs, indecency is his message. You don’t play that trash in my house to the hearing of my children. Dstv musical channels don’t happen in my house, not even one of them and Wizkid is one of the reasons . Keeping him side by side with FELA for comparison is sheer MADNESS . His videos are erotically USELESS. That could expose your underage children to what you will regret later .Please, can anyone here boldly translate his lyrics to your aged mother , father or your grannies? I mean his lyrics . Please kindly replace FELA with Davido

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by lkillbrokehoes: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Don't ever compare Wizkid to Fela, shoe get size.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by BENEAMATA: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
What he is saying in summary is that mid-ninethies and milleneum kids ought to have outgrown their over-dependence on INDOMIE by now .

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Lightorder: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

People only rate Fela higher coz he is late. People respect the dead more.

Quoting Rick Ross "Niggaz only respect niggaz that's dead or niggaz in prison"

If you doubt the quote, tell me how many living peoples' face are on currencies. Na only dead people dey currency notes.

Nelson Mandela earned his respect for going to prison. Some of our former presidents have been in prison.

boychild, how old are you, please ?
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Henzybaba29: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Everybody wan tag themself with wizkid , Wetin concern wizkid and fela�
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by witworth(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2021
Madness everywhere
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Truvelisback(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fela wasn't just a singer but a prophet. All the things he ever said abt Naija in the past are still happening today. He warned, he rebuked and even mentioned the names of corrupt politicians of which Wizkid and others would never dare to mention.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Afolabimills(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Even wizkid will never n can never compare himself to abami eda

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Fortune109: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
If wizkid doesn't want to fizzle out suddenly, will be better for him to distant himself from the morons comparing him with Fela

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by lichocho(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

If you doubt the quote, tell me how many living peoples' face are on currencies. Na only dead people dey currency notes.

Nelson Mandela earned his respect for going to prison. Some of our former presidents have been in prison.

200% tru ...na wen musician die him music go sell pass...or na wen actor die him film go begin reign
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by GEEBITE: 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
So will you compare Micheal Jackson and Jay-z. Whatever WIZKID is doing so far they are all sampling Fela's songs to make hits, they can not lace his shoes.
axeman10:
Fela is a legend, his music career is over. He made his mark, he lived the life and left a long lasting legacy.

Wizkid is still very much active, no one should judge his music career or his character as a man, he is still developing... He may not even be at his prime yet.

Only when he is done, then people can compare whatever legacies he leaves with other legends.

Meanwhile, people should just enjoy the works of these great individuals and stop making abstract/subjective comparisons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by MrColdsweat: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Fela was a fucckin genius. He should be compared to Beethoven, not wizkid.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

A man who founded a whole music genre is rated only because he is dead?

The same afrobeat that Fela started is the same genre helping to project the likes of Wizkid and Burnaboy to the world.

My brother, if you don't know anything about music, then don't join the discussion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Kingstanding: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2021
Mastakija:
I dont understand why ppl will b comparing wizkid to fela
while fela is mostly abt freedom and bad governance
. Don't be surprised about the comparism between Fela and Wizkid. What do you expect from indomine generation? The generation that believed in short cut to success.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Imustnottalk: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

why you no go prison make dey respect you
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by HeadNigga: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

A man who founded a whole music genre is rated only because he is dead?

The same afrobeat that Fela started is the same genre helping to project the likes of Wizkid and Burnaboy to the world.

My brother, if you don't know anything about music, then don't join the discussion.
being the pioneer of anything doesn't make you the best at it. Is messi/cr7 the founder of football? Yet they are regarded as the greatest of all times.

Abeg, no dey use sentiments

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Babastrong(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
We are celebrating fela and we call it felabration. Because everybody knows that fela was great.
the children of 90's are those doing that rubbish comparison.
Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Tinney104(m): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
cool cool
E clear pass DSTV
Even brymo dey hail am

Baba fela

Na burna still dey give am chance base on when he finish drop baba NLa there's nothing wizkid won sing again, Ginger boost am back
If una remember

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
being the pioneer of anything doesn't make you the best at it. Is messi/cr7 the founder of football? Yet they are regarded as the greatest of all times.

Abeg, no dey use sentiments

You are the one who is being sentimental because your football analogy does not follow.

There is no record of football being founded by any one person.

But someone founded afrobeat. Someone brought beats and some jazz instruments together, found consistent synchronization and named it afrobeat, and it has even outlived the person.

It is not just about discovering a music genre, it is about discovering one that many others sample endlessly, and even profit greatly from.

It takes a great amount of genius (and originality) to pull that through.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Donworo: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2021
HeadNigga:
Baseless talk.

Omo mehn, you be dunce o!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by Oyiboman69: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Rubbish tlk from some senseless people... the musical pattern of afro
beat which they're all following today was first practice be the great fella kuti. WizKid's music video ojuelegbe which won him different awards was curl from Fella's pattern and settings. What about burna boy, all of them are following his trend and it has earned them award and respect for portraying the African culture and costumes.
I won't forget Paul mchaty of the beetles visited his shrine and many more...
Fella and his likes,are the foundation of music, they know the basics of music and its instruments. That's how one idiot is comparing fella with lagbaja here on nairaland the other day...

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Ever Compare Wizkid To Fela – Woli Arole Warns Nigerians by HeadNigga: 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You are the one who is being sentimental because your football analogy does not follow.

There is no record of football being founded by any one person.

But someone founded afrobeat. Someone brought beats and some jazz instruments together, found consistent synchronization and named it afrobeat, and it has even outlived the person.

It is not just about discovering a music genre, it is about discovering one that many others sample endlessly, and even profit greatly from.

It takes a great amount of genius (and originality) to pull that through.

baseless. Being the first to do something doesn't make you the best. Quote me anywhere. You will always get credits for being the first to do it but not necessarily the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teddy A: "Respect Layla Amani, The Mother Of My Child" / D"banj And Comedian Lasisi Elenu Pictured Together / Grammy 2024: Burnaboy Loses At All 4 Categories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.