Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss (13380 Views)

Working With A Bad Boss / How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? / Is Mr. B A Good Friend Or A Bad Friend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by McAausim: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
Thank God am now a boss cheesy

FUNNY EXPERIENCE
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Cousin9999: 6:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
Sleep with their wife. j/k Do this:
[img]https://c./sIR2WTcRynkAAAAM/anderson-silva.gif[/img]

j/k
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Bngf: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2021
Quit
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by houseontherock: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2021
So many toxic bosses and co-workers around undecided

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2021
hismerhill:
I just left one's office. Make person no dey see something good at all. Only preconceived conclusions.
grin grin grin
Shebi you will still come back to submit your project to my desk tomorrow Ismail.

Na there I go show you pepper

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by hismerhill(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

grin grin grin
Shebi you will still come back to submit your project to my desk tomorrow Ismail.

Na there I go show you pepper

Na small pikin dey do me sir. emabinu
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2021
hismerhill:

Na small pikin dey do me sir. emabinu
grin grin grin

That's better
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Hassanmaye(m): 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2021
Mr100Dollars:
I won't forget my boss back then, very anyhow man, na so i use Rachel90 for 2go set am up, i dey send am nude picture baba dey lock him office door i go just dey laugh for my desk, baba wey dey owe me salary for 2months, send Rachel 5k that year. I flex my boss money that year, he dey send me dey go buy recharge card, just to send back to me for sub... Wetin toto go do man ehn
Hahahhahahaha hahahhahahaha
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by dbynonetwork: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
JEMOC college is in need of a full time or part time physics teacher for employment.
Requirements: Bsc. Physics Education or other physical science subjects.
Ideal candidate should reside around Agric , Isawo and its environs.
Please send your application letter and CV to
JEMOCCOLLEGE@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by BamakSNR(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2021
Encoredme:
Here are some suggestions that might help reduce the level of difficulty you have when working with your bad boss:

1. Look To Your Own Performance First
You might think your boss is being difficult because they are demanding a different level of output from you. Make sure you are clear on what they expect from you.

2. Realize You May Have Opposing Styles
You might be expecting something from your boss that they simply can't do. You might think they are unfriendly simply because they fail to say "Good morning." To them, that might simply be a waste of time. Examine your own expectations of what you think they should be doing. They may not be very outgoing or simply operate differently than what you're used to. Reset your expectations.

3. Learn The Boss
Spend some time really observing your boss to see what it is they do that is impacting you. In the process, you might learn that they are getting leaned on by their boss and it's creating extra stress. You could discover they aren't a morning person, meaning you should delay important interactions until after lunch. Figure out their rhythms and modify your own.

4. Don't Shrink
All too often, when we don't like someone, we go out of your way to avoid them. While I think this tactic can work to keep you under the radar, wait to do that until you clearly have exhausted all of your options. You may also find that more, not less, communication can help you with this type of person. Shrinking away into a dark corner won't help you.

5. Become Indispensable
If you've attempted to learn more about your boss, take it to the next level and become an indispensable employee. Focus on using your problem-solving skills and offer your boss additional help and support. This will help them shine to their own boss and also reduce reasons for finding fault with you. You can become the "go-to" person that they respect and depend on.

6. Let It Roll Off Of You
We will spend a lifetime running into people that are demanding, critical, and downright volatile. You need to learn the skill of blowing most of it off. Certainly, there will be some of it that will still bother you, but most of the time you can't let it affect you. I'm not suggesting ignoring your boss's needs or demands; I'm saying to not let their method of delivery be what grabs your attention or reaction. I have found that even the most difficult of bosses can be tamed or at least subdued.

I once worked for a guy who had even the most senior, sage people in tears. When I started working directly for him, I noticed he was quick to engage in verbal battle. If you stood up for yourself, he backed down. I soon figured out that he tested people. If they backed down, he was relentless. When I told him my observation, he laughed and told me I was the only person who had figured it out. He felt that if you were right about something, you would defend it and if you didn't defend it, he couldn't respect you. It was that simple. It was who he was—good or bad, but we always worked well together—and that's the most important part.

If you're dealing with a bad boss, be sure to follow these six tips. When you feel like quitting, just remember you can turn a bad situation around, but it does take work.

Source: https://www.workitdaily.com/what-to-do-bad-boss
7. Resign and start a business

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by 2468iyajo(m): 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
TempUser:
The only thing you can do is BE YOUR OWN BOSS
angry
period

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Gkemz: 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2021
What to do is to start applying for another job. However If you cannot find any job, you can raise funds to start something small on your own with a vision to grow. A difficult boss is like a boil on the scrotum.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Have A Bad Boss by Encoredme(m): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
For those saying resign and start a business, please also consider that not everyone can make such a bold move. Some people can't withstand the pressure of entrepreneurship or have the resources to start a business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaiden Energy Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / When Does Your Grade No Longer Matter To Employers? / Can High Blood Pressure Screen Me Out??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.