Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed (4215 Views)

Gsd X Rott X Local Breed Mix For Sale / Local Breed Nation / German Shephard Crossed With Local Breed For 10k I Stay In Benin City Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by Silentgroper(m): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
We seriously need to find a fancy or standard name to call our local breed. Searching for them on google is tasking since they have no general name.

So lets all gather heads together to find a suiting name to give to it as lovers of dog.
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by Silentgroper(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
Me, i am proposing ........... Am coming fess, lemme think harder for a name.
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
Why fancy names? No be chop you go cook am chop las las?
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by Silentgroper(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Why fancy names? No be chop you go cook am chop las las?
for my side, we no dey chop dog.
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
Silentgroper:
for my side, we no dey chop dog.
What is the connection between your side and your stomach?
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
I once mentioned it on a thread, it’s a good move to try and standardize the breed (presently they’re tagged as mutts/ekuke and some call them NSD).
But the thing is,it’s not just about the name,it entails setting a standard for the breed (acceptable coat colors, size, acceptable behaviors and traits) all these put in place will go a long way in standardizing the breed because the ekuke isn’t even indigenous to us alone,they’re almost everywhere in the world (Asia,Europe e.t.c) but if we here set a standard for ours,it will be a perk for our country as a whole wink
Presently most countries even South Africa has their own contribution to the world of dogs/k9 (boerboel/south African mastiff) but what exactly have we created undecided
If ekuke owners are ready to attain this feat, it’s gonna be a long walk “yes” it will require your zeal and commitment.
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by drednoir(m): 4:46pm On Sep 19, 2021
let s form a whatsapp group so we can help all this poor dogs :- cryso we should be able to perfect our breed to make them the best and show nigerians our breed are the best what u think
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2021
drednoir:
let s form a whatsapp group so we can help all this poor dogs :- cryso we should be able to perfect our breed to make them the best and show nigerians our breed are the best what u think
Though I do not own one but I'd like to be part of the movement, I could contribute whatever little knowledge I have towards achieving the goal of the breed's standardization.At the end of the day my joy is for us to have an indegenous breed in Nigeria, something from Nigeria that will be respected and treasured worldwide
It might be tough and rough to achieve this primarily because of the mindset that nothing goods comes out from this side of the world undecided but then wouldn't it be an achievement for our country if we could also contribute something tangible in the world of k9s?!.....It's time we start to create than just keep accepting things that other people made (as much as I love foreign breeds) I'll also want to see Something from Nigeria attain great standards.
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by welzyj2(m): 11:25pm On Sep 20, 2021
Creating a breed standard involves serious work mate.

It's far beyond saying let's call all our local dog wit the tiny head Niger

One thing about breed standard is that is goes far away from just the physical appearance to even blood.

Do you know ow mixed and diluted they are Don't be surprised if you take two local dogs for a test and see different contributors to the genetics.

If we were to work on a local breed for us, it will take 100 of years to archive and it possible by starting now by knowing what we want to archive at the end then work towards it

Consistency is then check in temperament, looks and other areas

1 Like

Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by welzyj2(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2021
We have derailed the subject matter lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by RYEOFARMS(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2021
welzyj2:
Creating a breed standard involves serious work mate.

It's far beyond saying let's call all our local dog wit the tiny head Niger

One thing about breed standard is that is goes far away from just the physical appearance to even blood.

Do you know ow mixed and diluted they are Don't be surprised if you take two local dogs for a test and see different contributors to the genetics.

If we were to work on a local breed for us, it will take 100 of years to archive and it possible by starting now by knowing what we want to archive at the end then work towards it

Consistency is then check in temperament, looks and other areas
Exactly what my point is, that’s why I said it’s a long walk
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by sleekflow(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Exactly what my point is, that’s why I said it’s a long walk
[quote author=Silentgroper post=105783511] We seriously need to find a fancy or standard name to call our local breed. Searching for them on google is tasking since they have no general name.

I believe the widely known name for ekuke is Basenji

Plus I read somewhere that Basenji is a rare dog in Europe and it sells for as much as $5000

Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by Silentgroper(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2021
[quote author=sleekflow post=106056288][/quote] U mean if i decide to export them, i'd earn this much?
Re: Fancy Names To Give To Our Local Breed by samuel2akintola: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
okay

(1) (Reply)

Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog (male) 13 Months Old For Sale / See The Woman That Slept With A Python Every Night / Easy Tricks To Teach Your Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.