Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur (21909 Views)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by jimmyolasun: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Whats the idea, maybe I can invest in it...

IsaacRocks
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Ok. Meanwhile watch the Champions league matches at home by upgrading your dstv cheapily.Check my last topic on dstv.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by MSRA(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.
I Once went to the bank to pitch one of my products (a lean startup under Pantakers) to one of the popular Banks in Abuja, after talking about the partnership type and showing my prototypes and idea, carelessly the lady just looked straight at me and said.

"No1 I don't understand what you are talking about.

No2 you can have access to any facility either in loan or fund from the bank".

This statement almost killed me immediately, mhen entrepreneurs in Africa especially Nigeria are suffering oo, with tears in my eyes .
I left there knowing that God that gave me the idea will water it and those banks will one day come and beg to invest in my idea.

You can or can't?
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by ogechchukwu: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2021
Dear do not give up on your dream try other bank .

Do not be disappointed by one person if you really want to achieve your dream .

The billionaires you read about like bill gate and others didn't achieve their dream in a day it took time and effort.

You will find the right person
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by AmbaliJ: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2021
@IsaacRocks: Banks don't loan money to startup businesses or entrepreneurs that are yet to prove that they can succeed in the business. They mainly fund big businesses (because that's where they can rake in big bucks from interest rates). If you're just an up-and-coming entrepreneur, you will have better luck of raising funds from family, friends, grant programs, or Angel investors. undecided It is what it is.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Lewisdinho(m): 10:07am On Sep 14, 2021
I don't understand your post BUT never take loans from Bank no matter the confidence you have in what you'll be using the money for.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by BigBashiru: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2021
Llyodsjids:
Sorry bro, before anything other thing or decision in this country, remember u are in a shit hole

They call ur country shit hole and you swallow hook line and sinker.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by atilla(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Na so brother.. They already know who they are giving loans to and those select people don't even need to ask cause they market and chase them to take the loans. Bits not for people like U and I
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by philip0906(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2021
BigBashiru:

[s]They call ur country shit hole and you swallow hook line and sinker[/s].
Keep quiet! Isn't your corntree worse than a shithole?
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Try Sterling Bank! They gave me a loan of 600k last two years but I'm a government worker though that's why I was easily issued a loan. Entrepreneurs are also given loan though but you must have a civil servant who will sign guaranty for you or must have a collateral that it's value is higher than the loan you are seeking for. I won't really blame banks, they have been ripped by loan defaulters for years so therefore, they are very careful and strict with loan applications
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.
I Once went to the bank to pitch one of my products (a lean startup under Pantakers) to one of the popular Banks in Abuja, after talking about the partnership type and showing my prototypes and idea, carelessly the lady just looked straight at me and said.

Lols, my brother you're not alone in this journey, it has happened to me as well, the banks only give you money when you don't need it (when you become a human capital: they always desire people who have money and valuable assets).

This statement almost killed me immediately, mhen entrepreneurs in Africa especially Nigeria are suffering oo, with tears in my eyes .
I left there knowing that God that gave me the idea will water it and those banks will one day come and beg to invest in my idea.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Should we tell him?

Your idea might have been stolen, bro.
Be prepared to sue the bank grin

I swear.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by BigBashiru: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
philip0906:

Keep quiet! Isn't your corntree worse than a shithole?

It isn't.... Nigeria is much better than the United States just that inferiority complex won't let you see it.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by akanbiaa(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

Try Jaiz bank.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by princejones(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
Is not easy when it comes to SME loan in Nigerian bank
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by CrazyGranddad(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
I guess you meant "can't."
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by stevearagorn(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2021
TheOldGods:
God that gave you the idea will make banks come beg you.
What type of flaws, sentimental, entitlement, crazy statement is this? You sound very pained, banks that are already made, the bank you talked about do you know how long it will take you to surpass them? Instead of you to understand where your idea went wrong or something, or you didn't pitch yourself properly for them to understand, you're here bringing sentiments to business. Even the mods that brought this to top sef are all in the same boat.

tell him to dismantle his grammer
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Reminderz: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

This is really sad tbh. This will make another person lose interest.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

Lols, my brother you're not alone in this journey, it has happened to me as well, the banks only give you money when you don't need it (when you become a human capital: they always desire people who have money and valuable assets).
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by philip0906(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2021
BigBashiru:

[s]It isn't.... Nigeria is much better than the United States just that inferiority complex won't let you see it[/s].
"Nigeria is much better than the US". Statements from almajiris who sink their knuckle head into cow dungs. Mkpi!
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by gigabyte13: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

You just escape from something that could have enslave you and your idea for life... It is ok to be rejected but dont ever give up on your dreams.
NIGERIAN banks are advised yahoo houses, they only give loans to advanced yahoo businesses known to them not ideas.

Talk to well meaning family and friends, to raise some capitals for you.
ABEG NO FORGET TO RETURN EVERY KOBO WEY DEM BORROW U BIKO
NA THERE QUARREL TAKE DEY START.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by harmargedon: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

one thing you should know, no one actually care what idea you have, they only team up with already established ideas. The government don't care, private establishment don't care, all you can do is to find people who share equal ideas and team up with them. When you eventually make it, remember to tell people your story, especially the name of the bank.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by SocialJustice: 10:15am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

If you don't have cash flow, nobody will invest in you especially banks.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by easzypeaszy(m): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

i swear i no undrstnd dis ur write up..d No 2 sef com confuse me d more..That u can access loan n u strtd cryin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Mrkumareze(m): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2021
The banker sef dey secure her job too, you haven't known that Nigerians are the worst loan defaulters
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Juicy001: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2021
https:///GE4cvco2cCqBx4lVKrSmSw

Join my what's app group for your daily free odds
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by MotorGuru: 10:20am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

grin
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by MotorGuru: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright ....

You see why youths do anything to make money..

This is what I keep on telling my niggarrrrs

Before you become successful in this gadamnnn world......sometimes you have to do something illegal first.....then as the money comes...stop that illegal dope shit and use the money to pursue that your legal dream

This na exactly how most of our millionaires and Billionaires take start...because at the beginning nobody will help, sponsore or invest in your ideas especially if you are from a poor background

you are a very smart guy
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by fineboynl(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Even in the US. Banks dont fund an idea. Your are looking for a fund for an idea in this shit hole country. Nor be juju be that. I guess you must have gone there with a charm with this confidence of yours.
Re: My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 14, 2021
IsaacRocks:
#Storytime.

I sincerely have no idea what you are talking about and it seems it's the same over half of the people who have commented! Maybe you have a problem expressing yourself/communicating and the lady didnt understand what you were saying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Or Corp Member Which Is Right? / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.