Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:18 PM

Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive (7749 Views)

Peter Obi’s Votes’ll Come From Twitter, Says Atiku Group / Twitter Says Discussions With FG Have Been "Respectful And Productive" / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by earthsync(f): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2021
SWDude:
Mchewww. I've even forgotten that Twitter is banned.

Tip: For Android users, just use the proxy option instead of VPN, that drains battery. You won't have your battery to worry about.

You can get free proxies here: https://free-proxy-list.net/#list

Biko how to you do it?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by wellmax(m): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2021
Truthissupreme:
[s]you are very foolish

If the government was so hurt about the president fragile ego that was bruised by twitter, it should also have halted communicating with them through ministers especially when Jack is further bruising that ego by using proxies to communicate[/s]

Trash. Mindless internet fiddler.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:
For the unity of this country, I seriously wouldn’t mind the ban to continue

Okay let me ask, was twitter around when the civil war started?

Was twitter around when the 12 Northern States pushed for sharia law which violates many areas of the constitution?

Is Nigeria functioning as a "united" country which only exists as a colonial remnant?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
smh
Do you lack critical thinking or just putting extra effort this morning?

Lemme put it in dumbest way possible for you, if you failed to get it this time, then you are on your own.

If you are selling bread in a particular street, people come to buy the bread but instead of people paying for it, the councillor in that street is paying for all the bread.
all the councillor needs from you is to tell the bread eaters whenever they buy that they should vote for him in next election.

Now imagine if you have to provide that bread for free but without the councillor paying you to say anything.

Now replace (you) with twitter
(bread with services)
And councilor with advertisers.

Twitter is using its money to build data centres to accommodate users from Nigeria and to hosts it's servers.
Building data centre to accommodate just 1million people alone just so you can post your dumb meme on twitter runs into thousands of dollars if not millions..

Twitter is not charging you for those services but advertisers. Now the advertisers are not paying while they still render the service for free..

What do you think it's going on here? Are they making money or losing money?

And I will ask you a simple question which you failed to answer last time since we are talking about twitter and not bread.

How much is twitter making from Nigeria?

Now if you can find the figure compare it to what Nigerian companies and small businesses losing from the decreased audience.

Twitter is banned in China yet Chinese companies still operate twitter accounts because they need the audience.

I am quite impressed by the lengths you are going to defend the government trampling on public discourse.

Well done. smiley
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by almayda: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2021
Never underestimate the govt of any nation.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Theunbothered:

And I will ask you a simple question which you failed to answer last time since we are talking about twitter and not bread.

How much is twitter making from Nigeria?

Now if you can find the figure compare it to what Nigerian companies and small businesses losing from the decreased audience.

Twitter is banned in China yet Chinese companies still operate twitter accounts because they need the audience.

I am quite impressed by the lengths you are going to defend the government trampling on public discourse.

Well done. smiley
I marvel at the level you are willing to go to appear dumb.

1, How many users are from China to put pressure on Twitter's infrastructure?
You think if twitter has many users in china, they wouldn't have found a way to allow Chinese government allow them to operate like apple? Even if it means submitting Chinese data to the government like the government demanded.

2, if you are dumb enough not to know to how use Google to ask simple question, why would I waste my precious time to feed you every fact?

3, even if twitter is only making 1 naira from Nigeria and it's not very significant to their pool of cash, and they stopped making the 1 naira, is it a profit for them or loss? So why you keep asking irrelevant question not related to the post?

4, how does saying fact mean you are defending the government? Perhaps you should go through my post and see I don't even like Buhari or his government.

But not everyone will let hate cloud his sense of reasoning like most of you ediots that post on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
I marvel at the level you are willing to go to appear dumb.

You think if twitter has many users in china, they wouldn't have found a way to allow Chinese government allow them to operate like apple? Even if it means submitting Chinese data to the government like the government demanded.

2, if you are dumb enough not to know to how use Google to ask simple question, why would I waste my precious time to feed you every fact?

3, even if twitter is only making 1 naira from Nigeria and it's not very significant to their pool of cash, and they stopped making the 1 naira, is it a profit for them or not? So why you keep asking irrelevant question not related to the post?

4, how does saying fact mean you are defending the government? Perhaps you should go through my post and see I don't even like Buhari or his government.

But not everyone will let hate cloud his sense of reasoning like most of you ediots that post on nairaland.

1. China has over a billion people with access to computers yet they still did not give in to their demands.

Comparing Apple to twitter is ridiculous, one sells products, the other sells services, services that the Chinese government wants to control to maintain power over it's people. You are clearly just saying anything at this point to defend nonsense.

2. You are making a claim yet have not provided any evidence to back the claim, just stories about bread and meaningless analogies.

3. How much are they making you can not answer, we know this ban is affecting Nigerians but people who support it claim twitter is worse off yet have not shown a single piece evidence for it.

4. You don't even have a single post about Buhari, who are you trying to fool? grin

Use your main account and post it not another one you made to disguise.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2021
Islie:
The statement comes a day after the controversial ban hit 100 days, with rights activists expressing fears that the regime was not in a hurry to rescind its action.

https://gazettengr.com/just-in-twitter-says-engagement-with-buhari-regime-respectful-productive/

garfield1. Read
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2021
kingthreat:
Las las, na Twitter lose pass.

This is what gullible mind fails to understand. A foreign private company cannot take a government headon in its Soverign terrain. That's a lost cause from the get to go. All the western media and government that showed initial support to twitter have beaten a retreat and had to deal with Twitter problems even in their own terrain.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2021
belente:
Ok till when?. The ban on Twitter by Nigerian government is more than a month now. Government should come down from its high horse and unban it immediately because a lot of hard working Nigerians get their source of livelihood from twitter.

Govt wants to make money on twitter through appropriate taxes. Don't you think government's interest here will be vigorously pursued?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2021
calculator123:

You know nothing. Twitter made profit despite the ban, Nigerians that survive on Twitter inclusive of Influencers, artiste, entrepreneur and even the NCDC lost money.

So who lost?

NCDC lost money?

You whip up cartoon-imagination in your head and put it out as facts?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Lexusgs430: 9:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
nope twitter will not shut down but they won't be making money from Nigeria either. I thought the post is clear enough?
How does that even relate?

People who couldn't have their issues resolved on twitter moved to Facebook.
Another loss for twitter.

I, personally used to complain on twitter whenever I have problem with banks or telecom operators and their response is usually kinda slow and one dimensional but I realised it's faster on Facebook as I chat with them directly instead of waiting for response like twitter.
I hate Facebook but thats one reason I'm still keeping it around.

And why would banking service stop? I said banks and and cooperation usually pay twitter to have bigger tweet reach. How is that related to operation of the bank?

My point was directed at small retailers, that used timelines for product/service awareness........

They had relied on that medium, made money from that medium.......

All of a sudden..... STOP.......
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Are you thinking without ad revenue from Nigeria, twitter would shut down? NO

So the Nigerian populace suffers more....... Do you know how majority of banking issues are resolved, via twitter.........

Banking services did not stop, customers did not stop banking...... So the general populace suffers......

Bros,

There is no banking issues resolved via twitter that cannot be resolved via other means..... or has their been report myriads of unresolved banking issues as a result of twitter ban?

In this issue, twitter might hold their ground, but it is not costing the Nigerian government any sleepless night. It is the people whipping up sentiments making the cry. The newspaper publication did not emanate from twitter nor Nigerian governmen, but journalists bringing the "alleged" clamour of people to light...
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Christmasdon(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2021
kingthreat:
Las las, na Twitter lose pass.
I'm telling you.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:20am On Sep 14, 2021
tmanuelle:

Truthissupreme: :
Jack still use spokesman to address the issue

While a federal minister is the one dealing on behalf of a nation with spokesman of a private firm

Says alot about who is on the receiving end
No, stop being ridiculous and stay objective. Negotiations are on and both sides are not denying it. That Federal Minister is the government's spokesman, that's his portfolio. Help yourself.

Government has nothing to lose to Twitter's irresponsibility, it's just Twitter and people like us who have refused to use APN one day until Twitter starts behaving itself on the Nigerian soil.

And you know what, I'm not losing anything anyways.

So you should commend the two sides for even seeing the need to trash the issues out in the interest of Nigerians who are doing real businesses on Twitter instead of being mischievous early Tuesday morning.

I would have told him "stop being dumb"...asking him to stay objective is needless
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2021
Doyou2019:

Susu888: :
See dem, slaves to the west, brainwashed with sh*t daily that they're begging for the white man's collar to be put around their necks!

Indeed the house slave is the biggest hurdle to the slaves escape, they will do anything for their masters because he gave them an illusion of human rights.
You think they give a toss about you? They have succefully programmed you idiots to dislike whatever is good for you!!!

You willingly give them your pictures, locations, hobbies, likes and dislikes without them having to directly ask for it! Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, google maps.
Those platforms are the first go to place for them to get first hand info about you...

The mordern black man is a very unfortunate being, he now thinks his oppressors are those fighting for his freedom cuz they told him that his words matter.

Indeed subconscious programing is real as the sheeps are living in a matrix and don't even know!

Being woke is hard..

Immortal technique ( it's a rich mans world and civil war come) comes to mind.
People r really dumb... We r in the final days of the his arrival (Anti-christ)

When they crack down on protesters in theur domain its for social order when African countries do it its oppression and suppression of freedom of speech... Democracy is only a word they use when they r trying to install their puppets in your countries.

The closest allies to the west are monarchies, U.K, KSA.

They topple governments at will, scatter and pillage them of their resources while feeding you bullsh*t, create civil wars and famine then prevent you from flocking into their respective countries. They Bleep up your economies (inflation nd instability) nd When you go looking for loans they give you conditions that must be met, legalising sodomy adjusting your education curriculums with twisted and false history so your children's minds are chained from a young age.

The average African is a monkey!

Patrice lumumba
Hailey selassi
Idi amin
Sani abacha
Gaddafi e.t.c

They all where hated and disliked by their people for trying to protect the interests of these same people because a television news broadcaster said so...
How have these countries fared since the lose of their leaders compared to when those leaders where there?

The U. N is a sham, they allow certain countries who are controlled by the masons to possess nuclear weapons but others are destroyed just for contemplating the idea!

They approve the vaccinations you're given and you hv been programmed to deny what ever comes fron another source.
You don't have the independence of choice!
They determine the prices of raw materials while they don't have sh*t in their God for saking lands (oil, gold, silver, diamonds) prices are set by western markets and industries.

They are the ones who approve the leaders you elect... The ones they disapprove are automatically dictators nd authoritarians cuz they won't give their corporations free access to your riches nd you as the monkeys that you're fall for that sh*t.

What a world... Read your effing histories (the untainted ones) to know what you are up against.

Shut the fvck up!

Shut the fvck up? Give him his meds you mean!
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Christmasdon(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2021
Twitter that is too hard to operate by some average Nigerians in which they are good with facebook. They should never unban it.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2021
peeps4u:

Mention one Nigerian company that places ads on Twitter?

Or you think the companies pay twitter before they open acct or post?

Bros,

At this point, I advise you sit this one out. Your ignorance is like a rainbow here
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2021
Susu888:
[s]See dem, slaves to the west, brainwashed with sh*t daily that they're begging for the white man's collar to be put around their necks!

Indeed the house slave is the biggest hurdle to the slaves escape, they will do anything for their masters because he gave them an illusion of human rights.
You think they give a toss about you? They have succefully programmed you idiots to dislike whatever is good for you!!!

You willingly give them your pictures, locations, hobbies, likes and dislikes without them having to directly ask for it! Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, google maps.
Those platforms are the first go to place for them to get first hand info about you...

The mordern black man is a very unfortunate being, he now thinks his oppressors are those fighting for his freedom cuz they told him that his words matter.

Indeed subconscious programing is real as the sheeps are living in a matrix and don't even know!

Being woke is hard..

Immortal technique ( it's a rich mans world and civil war come) comes to mind.
People r really dumb... We r in the final days of the his arrival (Anti-christ)

When they crack down on protesters in theur domain its for social order when African countries do it its oppression and suppression of freedom of speech... Democracy is only a word they use when they r trying to install their puppets in your countries.

The closest allies to the west are monarchies, U.K, KSA.

They topple governments at will, scatter and pillage them of their resources while feeding you bullsh*t, create civil wars and famine then prevent you from flocking into their respective countries. They Bleep up your economies (inflation nd instability) nd When you go looking for loans they give you conditions that must be met, legalising sodomy adjusting your education curriculums with twisted and false history so your children's minds are chained from a young age.

The average African is a monkey!

Patrice lumumba
Hailey selassi
Idi amin
Sani abacha
Gaddafi e.t.c

They all where hated and disliked by their people for trying to protect the interests of these same people because a television news broadcaster said so...
How have these countries fared since the lose of their leaders compared to when those leaders where there?

The U. N is a sham, they allow certain countries who are controlled by the masons to possess nuclear weapons but others are destroyed just for contemplating the idea!

They approve the vaccinations you're given and you hv been programmed to deny what ever comes fron another source.
You don't have the independence of choice!
They determine the prices of raw materials while they don't have sh*t in their God for saking lands (oil, gold, silver, diamonds) prices are set by western markets and industries.

They are the ones who approve the leaders you elect... The ones they disapprove are automatically dictators nd authoritarians cuz they won't give their corporations free access to your riches nd you as the monkeys that you're fall for that sh*t.

What a world... Read your effing histories (the untainted ones) to know what you are up against[/s].

Rubbish. You guys just vomit trash like halfwits. I guess you're the most enlightened African. Yet you typed all this nonsense with an android phone.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Theunbothered:

1. China has over a billion people with access to computers yet they still did not give in to their demands.

Comparing Apple to twitter is ridiculous, one sells products, the other sells services, services that the Chinese government wants to control to maintain power over it's people. You are clearly just saying anything at this point to defend nonsense.

2. You are making a claim yet have not provided any evidence to back the claim, just stories and bread and meaningless analogies.

3. How much are they making you can not answer, we know this ban is affecting Nigerians but people who support it claim twitter is worse off yet have not shown a single piece evidence for it.

4. You think I am stupid abi? grin You don't even have a single post about Buhari. Use your main account and post it not another one you made to disguise.

my last post to you cos it seems I'm just talking to a brick wall.

Having population of 10 people who have 5 people use your service is better than population of 1000 who have only 1 person use your service. Plus there is already huge social media in china and twitter cannot compete there anymore
(Common sense number 1)

Apple sell more services than products these days and they are working well on china.
Apple tv is a service, apple store is a service.

Apple is just one example. There are thousands of American services in bed with Chinese government and China. E.g, steam, epic games etc. (Common sense number 2)

The ban is not affecting average Nigerians in anyway because you can still access it. And no one is dying before they can't browse twitter.
Twitter is just a website out of millions of websites on the internet. (Common sense 3)

On the final note, if you can't prove I support Buhari even after specifically telling you I don't, don't you think you are stupid as you posited?

Like me telling you that you ate rice this morning without proof even after telling me you didn't.

Finally, this is where I drop my pen cos I know you will still come up with a dumb post to infuriate me into engaging you.

So I'm done.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by mapet: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
I

Theunbothered: :

marvel at the level you are willing to go to appear dumb.

3, even if twitter is only making 1 naira from Nigeria and it's not very significant to their pool of cash, and they stopped making the 1 naira, is it a profit for them or loss? So why you keep asking irrelevant question not related to the post?

Let me also chip in on the twitter in China - You don't even need to refer to twitter in China at all in a discourse to show twitter's reach. Twitter is not even in the top-10 social media platforms in China. Sina Weibo (aka Twitter of China) has taken that market.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

My point was directed at small retailers, that used timelines for product/service awareness........

They had relied on that medium, made money from that medium.......

All of a sudden..... STOP.......
small retailers are still using Twitter.

Twitter didn't ban them from posting.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

Let me also chip in on the twitter in China - You don't even need to refer to twitter in China at all in a discourse to show twitter's reach. Twitter is not even in the top-10 social media platforms in China. Sina Weibo (aka Twitter of China) has taken that market.
abi o

Even if twitter wants to compete in china now, it's too late for them.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by aapaul01(m): 9:34am On Sep 14, 2021
Can I use any of the proxy because I was looking for naija but I only see other countries
SWDude:

Tip: For Android users, just use the proxy option instead of VPN, that drains battery. You won't have your battery to worry about.

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Tulsaguy: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Dont's bow to Mr. Lier threat oh....
He has less than two year of his madness...
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
use your sense Na.

If I'm paying you to market a product for me and I stopped paying you only to give my money to another company to market my products, who is at the losing end?

Do you mean the whole N247bn is Twitter's loss alone?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Evolution3x: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2021
Lexusgs430:

[/b]

Sure..... But not everyone uses VPN........

I don't see them on my timelines any more.... My personal experience.......
point is, twitter didn't stop them. It's their personal decision.

Some people quit twitter, some didn't.
I quitted Facebook. Those people who use to see my post on their timeline won't anymore.
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by thatsleepboy1: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2021
SWDude:

How do I use them?
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Lexusgs430: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
small retailers are still using Twitter.

Twitter didn't ban them from posting.

Sure..... But not everyone uses VPN........

I don't see them on my timelines any more.... My personal experience.......
Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2021
Evolution3x:
my last post to you cos it seems I'm just talking to a brick wall.

Having population of 10 people who have 5 people use your service is better than population of 1000 who have only 1 person use your service. (Common sense number 1)

Apple sell more services than products these days and they are working well on china.
Apple tv is a service, apple store is a service.

Apple is just one example. There are thousands of American services in bed with Chinese government and China. E.g, steam, epic games etc. (Common sense number 2)

The ban is not affecting average Nigerians in anyway because you can still access it. And no one is dying before they can't browse twitter.
Twitter is just a website out of millions of websites on the internet. (Common sense 3)

On the final note, if you can't prove I support Buhari even after specifically telling you I don't, don't you think you are stupid as you posited?

Like me telling you that you ate rice this morning without proof even after telling me you didn't.

Finally, this is where I drop my pen cos I know you will still come up with a dumb post to infuriate me into engaging you.

So I'm done.

Twitter has their terms, China does not agree and wants to control the narrative.

China has banned twitter since 2009 yet it didn't affect their growth so why would they amend anything now?

2 This just a plain lie, 81% of Apple's revenue is from selling physically devices.

https://www.businessofapps.com/data/apple-statistics/

3. The average Nigerian and the average Nigerian company/Small business isn't the same. But if, according to you, the ban changes nothing why continue it? What is Nigeria gaining from the ban? This is the million dollar question that nobody seems to have the answer to.

On a final note you told me this

4. how does saying fact mean you are defending the government? Perhaps you should go through my post and see I don't even like Buhari or his government.

I went through and saw absolutely nothing related to Buhari, so this was, (unsurprisingly) another lie. I even gave you the chance to post your main account but you chose to ramble.

What do you gain from lying?

Will you die if you don't lie?

Is this the result of some hidden childhood trauma?

Re: Twitter Says Engagement With Government Respectful, Productive by Theunbothered: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2021
mapet:

That is because twitter has been banned in China since 2009. But despite this Huawei, a major Chinese company, has an account with 7 million followers because they still need to market their products to foreigners.

All the twitter ban does is give Nigerian businesses customers away to foreign influences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Food Crisis: Reopen Land Borders, Kano Governor, Abba Kabir-Yusuf Urges Tinubu / Hon. Chinua Achebe And Nobel Prize Committee: The Brewing And Unending Cold War / Policeman Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.