Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? (45189 Views)

Dangote Farms Faces Liquidation For ‘Defaulting’ On Arbitral Award / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / Failed E-transactions: Report Defaulting Banks To Us- CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Anuoluwagbemiga: 4:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

Good day, please be informed that **** ****
is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.[/img]Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

Good day, please be informed that (my name)
is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AntiWailer: 4:25am On Sep 14, 2021
Just look for their money and pay back.

Yes they can arrest u if they trace u. They have touts and crazy people on their payroll.

They will beat hell out of u and u won't be able to trace it to any loan company. They will humiliate u badly.

Please and please don't fall for the temptation of collecting another to pay this off, u will enter a strange web of loans u won't be able to manage.

My advice is that don't fall for temptation of those loan sharks. Most of them are just hiding under digital app, na Weyrey dey behind them !

242 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Anuoluwagbemiga: 4:28am On Sep 14, 2021
thanks
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Mynd44: 4:32am On Sep 14, 2021
What sort of badly behaved people are we in Nigeria?
While the loan company have no right to access your contact list and call you names (that permission agreement you agreed to regardless), you are also a huge part of the problem.

Those of you who default on these loans and act a certain kind of way don't even know the extent your behaviour damages society. People like you are the reason the honest serious ones and small scale businesses can't get loans because the loan providers have either lost confidence in the system or has gone bankrupt.

The casual way you are even going about it says you are more bothered about what they can or cannot do to you than actually doing what you are supposed to do which is pay back your loan

417 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by RapistOnBail: 4:35am On Sep 14, 2021

You see one of the many reasons not to trust Nigerians with your money?

They come begging and dying for loans. Give them and see if you’ll get it back in due time.

Op,

You and other Nigerians who are loan defaulters are MAD!!!

I once gave a so called fri”ENEMY” of mine money to pay for an apartment cos I wasn’t in town and I wanted making payments ASAP to secure this apartment.

3 days passed and this caretaker kept telling me she hasn’t received any payment from any of my friends she saw when We went for the inspection.

I called the Bandit who refused picking my calls ever since I started pressurizing him to either pay for the house or send me back my funds.

Las las, the idiot sent me back about 30% of the money I gave him.

As a wise business man, I took the 30% and left the rest for him.

Today, the guy is broke and helpless. He has lost the only source of livelihood and can’t call me for any help.

I sit on my throne and watch him suffer. I’m waiting for his eventual death which will mean nothing to me.

Ciao.

178 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Adam09: 4:36am On Sep 14, 2021
Oga, you have integrity issue. It is better to borrow from someone you know than these loan sharks.
But you can also make money from them if you sue them for privacy violation.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Kingcalls: 4:36am On Sep 14, 2021
They can't arrest u... its even illegal to arrest anyone that has a bad loan... thats y these companies should put documents in place like getting a collateral....they can only use corrupt police to intimidate u... as long as u dint drop a post dated cheque , no one can charge u to court for failing to pay a loan... unless if its stated in the contract and u accept it but they don't put such in contracts cos its illegal... no one can go to jail for failing to pay a loan, unless they can prove beyond reasonable doubt that u diverted the funds for some other personal use ..then they can turn it to a fraud case

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AmuEbule: 4:36am On Sep 14, 2021
shocked
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by signature2012(m): 4:37am On Sep 14, 2021
Even though these loan companies charge very high interest rate.As a borrower,you are never meant to default paying back.

These companies borrow funds to start operation.Of everyone who borrow default,how will they survive.

I don’t think credit system can ever work in Nigeria.In the West,they will just send your details to collection and you might be forever bleeped.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Resurgent2016: 4:37am On Sep 14, 2021
It's not worth it for them except ofcourse you decide walk into their office and offer yourself up for arrest smiley.

Btw arent you bothered by the reputational damage these messages may cause you?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Jms85(m): 4:38am On Sep 14, 2021
Guyv,,arise n pay...dey can sue you wells..their interest go dey read geometrically

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by airsaylongcome: 4:39am On Sep 14, 2021
Soko loan have switched to WhatsApp abi? Assaulting non-participating parties with their useless messages

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by tobechi20(m): 4:40am On Sep 14, 2021
Your conscience will arrest you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Fapemz: 4:40am On Sep 14, 2021
sad sad
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Wokenaija: 4:41am On Sep 14, 2021
You are frustrating somebody’s business.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by DuduParaPara: 4:42am On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:
While the loan company have no right to access your contact list and call you names (that permission agreement you agreed to regardless), you are also a huge part of the problem.

Those of you who default on these loans and act a certain kind of way don't even know the extent your behaviour damages society. People like you are the reason the honest serious ones and small scale businesses can't get loans because the loan providers have either lost confidence in the system or has gone bankrupt.

The casual way you are even going about it says you are more bothered about what they can or cannot do to you than actually doing what you are supposed to do which is pay back your loan

After this long epistle, you still didn't answer his question.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by tiswell(m): 4:43am On Sep 14, 2021
Hustle o
Make loan sharks no dey use you play Kalo kalo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by ezegold4we: 4:43am On Sep 14, 2021
They will not arrest u, all they will do is to put your account details And bvn number under automatic credit to Their account,

The only thing that will stop u From paying them is two things,one is if you are no Longer existing on Earth and The second one is if you stop Making use of all ur bank accounts becos that bvn number u gave to Them is linked to all ur account's,

Finally try and pay becos Right now, Ur Bill is increasing on a daily basis due to extra interest being accmulated

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by FalseProphet1(m): 4:44am On Sep 14, 2021
Anuoluwagbemiga:
Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.[/img]Hello nairalanders,I borrowed 15000 from a app loan and I failed to return the money on the date I suppose to .Now they keep sending messages to some people on my WhatsApp contact that I'm dubious bla bla bla and im planning to pay it back but they are not ready to listen and they even said they will publish my name may be on news papers.please what else can they do to me.pleaee don't mind my typo error

is indebted to a loan company and has refused to pay, is acting dubious kindly notify he to avoid being publish as a criminal.to pay today to avoid embarrassment.
What's the name of the loan company?

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by AmigoDeDon(m): 4:46am On Sep 14, 2021
Too bad
You will regret in the future when cbn give them authority to freeze your BVN

Man up pay your loan �

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by mu2sa2: 4:46am On Sep 14, 2021
Many people take these loans thinking they can get away without repaying - awoof, they call it. But how wrong they are! With Bvn and Nin, you can run but certainly can't ever hide. Op just pay back the paltry 15k - there's no escape route for you to dodge repaying your loan. At worst, you may try your luck with crowdfunding to free yourself.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by ecolime(m): 4:47am On Sep 14, 2021
You sound like one who doesn't have the intention of paying back in the first instance. Not cool

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by RunzMAN: 4:49am On Sep 14, 2021
angry

Yes they can get you arrested.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 14, 2021
Anuoluwagbemiga:

oga no worry yourself as long as you don't have but when you have pay them abeg. Their operation is even illegal

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by brian91(m): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2021
Mynd44:

Still can't deduce a significant point made from your *Quote* to his plight.
What casual manner/language was he sounding since you assume to discern his language. Someone came in(here), narrating his ordeal with a genuine reason and an open& a sincere heart, instead you quickly tagged *casual *default*
I wanna believe online views/opinion is opposite to many's assumed personality.

Op!
Although i doubt if they could publish names of defaulter talk more of getting arrested grin as such publication does not come without a legal warrant. Still Kindly plan and prioritize paying back the loan at least to ease the financial obligation and incurred interest as per its due date.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by RichDad1(m): 4:57am On Sep 14, 2021
No. But go and let your loan. Onigbese

1 Like

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by elisho: 4:59am On Sep 14, 2021
I was in this shoe is u have 3k you pay just be paying like that evey week that will never call you again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by lkillbrokehoes: 4:59am On Sep 14, 2021
Go and pay that loan back, you are one of the problem of Nigeria.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by PediakAuthor: 5:02am On Sep 14, 2021
I'm not concerned about your loan issue, but my only issue is the EXACT time you've chosen to make this post... cheesy
O wrong naw

Don't worry, go and read the book of Philippians (time of making this post) "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by chukwuibuipob: 5:03am On Sep 14, 2021
sad
Re: Can I Be Arrested For Defaulting On A loan To A Loan App? by chukwuibuipob: 5:04am On Sep 14, 2021
sad undecided sad why go collect loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CAN Calls For Sack Of Sterling Bank CEO, Suleiman For 'Insulting' Christ / See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / Obi Cubana Meets Jeremiah Ekuma, Lagos Hawker (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.