Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Time For Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Biafra? (2505 Views)

Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty / Why Blame The North And West For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Biafra? by clemcykul(f): 12:43pm On May 25, 2011
i bliv its high time Biafra secedes from Nigeria. according to our constitution, after some years of war, if a particular part of the country still wishes to secede, it can go ahead to do so. now my question is this are Biafrans ready to finally be on their own? given the million life's lost during the war, the political marginalization, Nigerian exploitation of easterners etc. is it not high time the Igbo's consciously and conscientiously persist for their freedom? given the past struggles and current hardships faced by the Igbos.

candid opinions will be appreciated. pls do not derail or insult anyone in this thread. relay your thought on the issue.

tnx.

Re: Time For Biafra? by Mariory(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2011
clemcykul:

pls do not derail or insult anyone in this thread. relay your thought on the issue.

Wishful thinking. If you post it they will come.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Mynd44: 1:31pm On May 25, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Time For Biafra? by otitokoro1: 1:35pm On May 25, 2011
i bliv its high time Biafra secedes from Nigeria. according to our constitution, after some years of war, if a particular part of the country still wishes to secede, it can go ahead to do so. now my question is this are Biafrans ready to finally be on their own? given the million life's lost during the war, the political marginalization, Nigerian exploitation of easterners etc. is it not high time the Igbo's consciously and conscientiously persist for their freedom? given the past struggles and current hardships faced by the Igbos.

candid opinions will be appreciated. pls do not derail or insult anyone in this thread. relay your thought on the issue.

tnx.

I will want you to watch the film tittle " Sometimes in April" could help you,
Re: Time For Biafra? by emekagh(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2011
We should give the One Nigeria project one more chance. Let see what GEJ can deliver for Nigeria and after that we see what next.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Kanana(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2011
I always wonder why the igbos really want Biafra becos from my analysis they are better off as Nigerians. The igbos are in every part of naija and doing very well in most cases. Not having the political power shouldnt bring about call for seccession. Come to think of it, just imagine the number of (igbo) people that will be worse off if Biafra come to be. We have more igbos doing well outside the east than in the east. And we have fewer number of other Nigerians in the east when compare to igbo settlers elsewhere. Biafra should be in the past. The igbos should try to conquer the country instead of backing out to form a potentially overcrowded entity.Blimey
Re: Time For Biafra? by T9ksy(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2011
Kanana:

I always wonder why the igbos really want Biafra becos from my analysis they are better off as Nigerians. The igbos are in every part of naija and doing very well in most cases. Not having the political power shouldnt bring about call for seccession.

Exactly!!! Those of them doing fine outside Biafra will never support the clamour for seccession. Wtf are they going to do with all their businesses and mansions outside biafra? Carry it on their head back to their "Land of the rising sun"? Somehow, i don't think so.

Kanana:

The igbos should try to conquer the country instead of backing out to form a potentially overcrowded entity.Blimey

Conquer wetin? The north? Don't know about that nor care but one thing is certain, yorubaland is not theirs for the taking. They are welcome to try though but like the sardunna said in the 40's: "North is for the North, East is for the East and West is for the West". C'est fini!

No one (in the country) is willing to give up his father's land for the igbos to appropriate.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 25, 2011
The Topic should be changed to IS IT TIME TO GET ANNIHILATED AGAIN?
Re: Time For Biafra? by T9ksy(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Time For Biafra? by seanet02: 6:36pm On May 25, 2011
Salivating in advance for the complete take over of sprawling mansions to be abandoned/forceful taken from ibo drug peddlers. Common go fast.
Re: Time For Biafra? by oderemo(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2011
The igbos should try to conquer the country instead of backing out to form a potentially overcrowded entity.Blimey
thats a tall order for them. since they existed b4 adam ane eve grin and still not able to find their feet in this mordern era, they should all go back to the stone age. talkless of BIAFRA. thats is long gone.
Re: Time For Biafra? by emekagh(m): 6:54pm On May 25, 2011
No to Biafra, and No to Oduduwa Republic!

ONE NIGERIA! NOW THAT'S NOT HARD IS IT? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Time For Biafra? by apoti(m): 6:56pm On May 25, 2011
otitokoro1:

I will want you to watch the film tittle " Sometimes in April" could help you,
Βουκέφαλος:

seanet02:

Salivating in advance for the complete take over of sprawling mansions to be abandoned/forceful taken from ibo drug peddlers. Common go fast.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Time For Biafra? by clemcykul(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2011
@emeka/all
one Nigeria? do the northerners bliv u? do you think if the northerners have a little of the resources other regions possess, do u think they will not be agitating for separation? so much for one Nigeria, since the civil war that one region fought single handedly, till date can you honestly point out any dramatic/significant change in the living standard of Nigerians as a whole?

i still maintain my stance, that the republic of Biafra will do abundantly well on its own. we don't need Nigeria anymore, enough of the marginalization of easterners.

infact i strongly believe that the northerners are the ones retarding the social, economic, and political development of your Nigeria.
Re: Time For Biafra? by emekagh(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2011
clemcykul:

@emeka/all
one Nigeria? do the northerners bliv u? do you think if the northerners have a little of the resources other regions possess, do u think they will not be agitating for separation? so much for one Nigeria, since the civil war that one region fought single handedly, till date can you honestly point out any dramatic/significant change in the living standard of Nigerians as a whole?

i still maintain my stance, that the republic of Biafra will do abundantly well on its own. we don't need Nigeria anymore, enough of the marginalization of easterners.

infact i strongly believe that the northerners are the ones retarding the social, economic, and political development of your Nigeria.

You have very good points there. If Nigeria splits, I have no choice but then to accept it. But I will not actively seek for splitting of Nigeria. The North is dragging us back because we have not had good leaders to deal with the problem.

What the North need is massive investment in education by government, especially Primary and Secondary school. The Governors of the states in the North must make provision for compulsory free primary and secondary school education. The North should be educated so that they will not only be engaged, but also reason like intellectuals.

That will deal with the frequent outburst of violence in the North and also create the needed manpower for national development.

It is either too late or too soon for splitting now in my own opinion; but I will defer to superior argument/logic.
Re: Time For Biafra? by EkoIle1: 9:35pm On May 25, 2011
clemcykul:

tnx.

Seriously, I care less about your precious agitation, what ever floats your boat, but the highlighted sounds very disingenuous because whatever ibo people are going through in Nigeria or experienced in the past emanated from their decisions, decisions they made within their borders.

I see all your needless loot at me I'm suffering. I'm a victim routine is all played out. When are you going to start taking audits of the decisions made on your behalf and the people making the decisions on your behalf.

Nigerian is really not your problem, your problem resides inside your borders.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Obiagu1(m): 11:05pm On May 25, 2011
Kanana:

I always wonder why the igbos really want Biafra becos from my analysis they are better off as Nigerians. The igbos are in every part of naija and doing very well in most cases. Not having the political power shouldnt bring about call for seccession. Come to think of it, just imagine the number of (igbo) people that will be worse off if Biafra come to be. We have more igbos doing well outside the east than in the east. And we have fewer number of other Nigerians in the east  when compare to igbo settlers elsewhere. Biafra should be in the past. The igbos should try to conquer the country instead of backing out to form a potentially overcrowded entity.Blimey

Our problem with Nigeria is not mainly political but economical and cultural. Nigeria has impeded Biafrans to achieve what we strongly believe we could have achieved if we were free. We look at Asian tigers and believe we, Biafrans, should have been at par with them.

Cultural, so many ills have entered Igboland as a result of being Nigerians. There are so many strange things that are happening in the land which we believe Nigeria brought them to us and have affected who we are as a people, crimes that are strange to our culture and many other ills. Left alone, we'll bring about a just society that we used to enjoy before we became Nigerians and we'll do that in our own way.

Bottom line, who formulates policies and implements them in Nigeria matters because that can either accelerate your development or hinder your development and the latter seems to be case in Nigeria hence the pain in many Biafrans' minds.
Re: Time For Biafra? by sirjec(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2011
D only way to achieve this is by avoiding Nigeria and their activities. May be 2015 will be ideal.

Ibos will refuse to participate in election. Well it depends on how GEJ delivers
Re: Time For Biafra? by gidson12(m): 7:18am On May 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Seriously, I care less about your precious agitation, what ever floats your boat, but the highlighted sounds very disingenuous because whatever ibo people are going through in Nigeria or experienced in the past emanated from their decisions, decisions they made within their borders.

I see all your needless loot at me I'm suffering. I'm a victim routine is all played out. When are you going to start taking audits of the decisions made on your behalf and the people making the decisions on your behalf.

Nigerian is really not your problem, your problem resides inside your borders.
hmmn! You made a point here, at least without insult or tribal remarks
Re: Time For Biafra? by enyojo(f): 7:35am On May 26, 2011
[size=15pt]No be only Biafra.
Na BEAFra ![/size]
Re: Time For Biafra? by Mynd44: 8:58am On May 26, 2011
Jobless people
Re: Time For Biafra? by joeyfire(m): 11:37am On May 26, 2011
@OP - As romantic as the idea sounds, we are not ready for an independent state. Firstly our leaders are an apology and will only put us to even more shame and chaos that we think we are suffering.

Biafra failed the first time because the people in charge of it were not capable of running a bus service how much more a new state. The great minds and people of quality were suppressed and brushed aside, many branded ''saboteurs'' and killed for being critics of ojukwu's flawed policies. That set of opportunists who found themselves in charge are the ohaneze clowns of today and we know what they have done to our collective heritage.

Till we get genuine leadership i dont think its possible or advisable
Re: Time For Biafra? by fineboy200: 9:33pm On May 26, 2011
dont worry. 2015 will tell.
Re: Time For Biafra? by 2mch(m): 9:41pm On May 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided tongue
Re: Time For Biafra? by fineboy200: 10:29pm On May 26, 2011
WHA
2mch:

shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided tongue

WHAT DO U MEAN BY THIS?
Re: Time For Biafra? by buffny: 10:59pm On May 26, 2011
what the Bleep is an easterner ?? eastern what africa ?? eastern europe ??

is there a tribe or ethnic group called easterner

did the ijaws and ikwerre people not fight against biafra , are they part of ur eastern program ?
rubbish and ingredients.

if u want to go , go on ur own.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 26, 2011
The clamour for Biafra is not different from the clamour for Odua republic.

I wonder why you folks always talk of war when discussing anything Biafra, but dont when discussing Odua republic.

I just dont understand the double standards.
Re: Time For Biafra? by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 26, 2011
Everyone knows deep inside the hearts that this 'One Nigeria' project is a fraud. I see nothing wrong in a group preparing themselves in advance for independence. Why cant Biafra be discussed without you bigots getting over-excited. But I've watched you have your discussions about Odua and Arewa republics intelligently and in peace. Why?

I'm totally in support of all groups talking about their future and being prepared, just in case we get to a point when this retrogressive 'forced' marriage collapses.
Re: Time For Biafra? by lucabrasi(m): 12:01am On May 27, 2011
if i got a peny for each time i have heard this threat i will be a multi millionaire, the quest for the biafra movement to become a reality even after the first disastrous attempt is not on the internet,lets see you show more resolution and seriousness that the presentcrop of ndigbo then we ll start taking you serious.
with one side of your mouth youare talking about secession,with the other side you are asking for at least senate leadership or house of reps speakership with the third side of your mouth you are struggling to fill the sgf position
Re: Time For Biafra? by EkoIle1: 12:03am On May 27, 2011
mbatuku2:

The clamour for Biafra is not different from the clamour for Odua republic.

I wonder why you folks always talk of war when discussing anything Biafra, but dont when discussing Odua republic.

I just dont understand the double standards.

You mean Yoruba people were so dum.b and stupid and they went to war against Nigeria just like Ojukwu and ibo people did, get their a/s/s whooped and ran off the battle field like a sissy just like ojukwu did?

Is this a newly manufactured  page in Nigeria's history book?
Re: Time For Biafra? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

You mean Yoruba people were so dum.b and silly and they went to war against Nigeria just like Ojukwu and ibo people did, get their a/s/s whooped and ran off the battle field like a sissy just like ojukwu did?

Is this a newly manufactured  page in Nigeria's history book?

Are you visually challenged? I typed above that you should stop associating the independence of the future Igbo nation with war. Do you have a problem with Igbo planning their future?

When you talk about your Odua republic, do you talk of fighting Nigeria? The first Biafra was born out an emergence. Dont mix the two together.
Re: Time For Biafra? by EkoIle1: 12:28am On May 27, 2011
mbatuku2:

Are you visually challenged? I typed above that you should stop associating the independence of the future Igbo nation with war. Do you have a problem with Igbo planning their future?

When you talk about your Odua republic, do you talk of fighting Nigeria? The first Biafra was born out an emergence. Dont mix the two together.

Make your silly case without mentioning or equating Odua with your rubbish. That's all I'm saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Supply: Barth Nnaji Under Pressure! / When Common Sense Trounces Academic Brilliance! Soyinka Vs Orji Uzor Kalu. / Sw Senator Betrays The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.