Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? (449 Views)

Unfollow Me If Court Proves That Tinubu Didn’t Graduate From CSU - Omokri / We’ll Release Tinubu’s Records If Court Grants Atiku’s Application, Says CSU / Amid VAT Saga, States Sue FG Over Sharing Of Stamp Duty Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? by greatiyk4u(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
With the recent controversy generating different reactions from different quarters about who is to collect VAT among the federating units in the country, what if the supreme court rules in favour of Local government to start collecting VAT in their various jurisdictions and enforce absolute autonomy to the Local government, what do you think will be the reaction of the Governors?

This will surely be the fastest way to develop bearing in mind that it is easier to hold both LG leaders accountable because they are closer to the people

I suggested this in my contributions to a radio programme today and the guest on programme responded that we should start from somewhere and when I replied what's what doing is what doing well they just switched off on me.

What's your thought on this?
Re: VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? by Fahdiga(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fine. LG is still inside state. Better than allowing FIRS to collect VAT on behalf of the terrorist Fulani led federal government who in turn uses it to sponsor terrorists all over Nigeria
Re: VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? by otokx(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
You can not find what you never sought, the LGAs have been pretty much quiet.
Re: VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? by greatiyk4u(m): 12:46pm On Sep 14, 2021
otokx:
You can not find what you never sought, the LGAs have been pretty much quiet.

Do you think it's by their choice?
Re: VAT Saga..what If Court Rules In The Favour Of LG? by greatiyk4u(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2021
Fahdiga:
Fine. LG is still inside state. Better than allowing FIRS to collect VAT on behalf of the terrorist Fulani led federal government who in turn uses it to sponsor terrorists all over Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Extra Loans: I Am Worried About Senate's Rush To Approve Loans"- Senator Ndume / How Buhari Has Helped MNK Image / FG List Diezani’s Buildings, Jewellery, Bras For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.