Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (18289 Views)

Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Street Food: How To Avoid Getting Sick / Abacha Food: How To Prepare Abacha|african Salad Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by BigSarah(f): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
Premiumwriter2:
i dont have 10k to spend in a week ma

secondly i dont eat only rice and garri. read the post again

as a student there are food stuffs you take from home which you dont count as expenses like yam, beans, garri, potato, plantain, etc. i have those.

so my expenses comes primarily from buying ingredients

Now I get it, you weren't exactly explicit at first I guess

3 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Princeadebayo11(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Even as Corper serving currently if you see the way I want to manage N10,000 in a month, I dey pity myself. My soup must last for a week now

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Premiumwriter2: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
Even as Corper serving currently if you see the way I want to manage N10,000 in a month, I dey pity myself. My soup must last for a week now
lolz.

Na God hand we dey o
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Sonnobax15(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh..

This country don cast finish....The way I take squeeze my last 1k right now self,na Brain guyman dey use now.......

6 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by olioxx(m): 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
Those of you saying, "Cooking at home is cheaper." You are getting it wrong ooo. How wuna dey do am, una nor dey buy gas or kerosine? abi nah firewood una dey use.
I cook at home, but it is not cheap again ooo.

I took N7500 to market to do my fortnight shopping, I was frustrated when I got to the market.
4 derica beans is N2200, 4 derica rice is N2300, quarter kg of gas is N850, dezen of spaghetti is N1700. I was asking the woman to pity me, and then she told me that egusi don cost, egusi I used to buy for N300 before is now N500. 1 paint of Garri is N950, nah so I just respect myself and buy half paint.

Price of food is jumping at a geometric progression. Nah 1 0 1 I dey do now.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by The5DME(m): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
E good make man sabi cook.

Cc Newdelhi

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by CocaineLord(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
I spend nothing less than 10k daily on Food & Fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

Like, you'll use the fufu to eat the meat without soup?
Lol, Tiv people can eat without soup or stew as long as there's fish or meat, there's even a name for that but I have forgotten it.
A family I took like mine when I was in the Barrack in Benue state would sometimes offer me meals like that but as per my tribe, I no fit try am. Me wey like soup and stew like say tomorrow now dey. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Johel(m): 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

Me sef shock.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by UndauntedYOCA(f): 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
I can attest to how things can be way cheaper in Benue state sha. I remember when with #150 you'll be able to eat swallow (fufu, semo or whatever) with big meat and be satisfied. I miss Benue state sha.
Don't worry, God will keep providing for you beyond your expectations.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by MissEfe(f): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

In benue state once you buy fufu you'll get soup free, if u like no buy meat self. You only pay for fufu and meat soup is free any type of soup u want

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by MissEfe(f): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Lol, Tiv people can eat without soup or stew as long as there's fish or meat, there's even a name for that but I have forgotten it.
A family I took like mine when I was in the Barrack in Benue state would sometimes offer me meals like that but as per my tribe, I no fit try am. Me wey like soup and stew like say tomorrow now dey. grin grin grin
It's called OKAA OKAA... Using just meat or fish to swallow fufu without soup...
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by FatherChrismas(f): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
Eeya
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Disturb: 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
Benue.. Those 2016 days...

Big plate of akpu... #80.. Meat #20

During 2015 e get where we de chop pounded yam for 50naira self cheesy

Besides NUJ...ankpa, qtrs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
MissEfe:

It's called OKAA OKAA... Using just meat or fish to swallow fufu without soup...
Yes!!! That's the word! Thank you sis! I always found it funny sha.
I no ever try am till I left o. I love soup like kilode.
And you people too like pork ehn, dem fit use am do Una. grin grin grin grin
You're Tiv, aren't you?

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by pstemma1990: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

it's called Uka-UKa.... Especially if there's enough pepper on the meat or fish.
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by bmdmix11: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
I eat out, I don't cook any more.

just rotate the eating

200 to 350 per meal

better than buying food stuff n buying kero just to eat it ones n wash pot b looking @ how much u don spend

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by ottohan: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

You can't eat soup and fufu for N100 and still have sense.
You are just getting on his nerves
Hahaha
cheesy grin
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by chikason22(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
BigSarah:
1k to 1.3k per week? So you can survive on 5k per month in 2021? Even in 2015 sef impossible

That's a lie, even in a day how's that possible
He said he doesn't buy Harris and other stuffs regularly. Just once in a while. But it's quite cheap. Let's say 8-10k in a month.

E no go better for Buhari and that vulture griller.
Bunch of no good sons of men

3 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Matheusmartin: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

Try get sense na..
In restaurants, they serve soup along your fufu or eba.

4 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by NaijaCuzin: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
What is rice?
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by HeightsKE: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
Wao..God help us.. especially us students.

Nairalanders please where in Lagos,which markets in Lagos can l buy Datepalm/ Debinu in bulk in Lagos?
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by caandi: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
You said it’s in Benue and cost of food there is cheaper. Come to Lagos then you will know how far
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by bigcee(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Princeadebayo11:
10k a month? Bros, na suicide mission be that oh. Even 70g noodles is 70naira and spagh is 350naira. May God help you oh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by MiracleMe7: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
Standing5:
You wouldn't notice the cooking gas increase since you just started cooking.
Cooking gas did not concern him that is why he didn't mention it because in Benue state everyone uses charcoal or firewood even in benue government house.
It's so terrible this days

2 Likes

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by yusluvad(m): 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Don't mind them, they can't comprehend simple english...
Premiumwriter2:
i dont have 10k to spend in a week ma

secondly i dont eat only rice and garri. read the post again

as a student there are food stuffs you take from home which you dont count as expenses like yam, beans, garri, potato, plantain, etc. i have those.

so my expenses comes primarily from buying ingredients
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by juniorstar(m): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Yes!!! That's the word! Thank you sis! I always found it funny sha.
I no ever try am till I left o. I love soup like kilode.
And you people too like pork ehn, dem fit use am do Una. grin grin grin grin
You're Tiv, aren't you?
Naso one HO come do house job for our side the first thing this guy been ask me na if I sabi were dem dey sell pork
Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by aluyapreston: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
Davash222:

After his analysis, you're still doubting him??

s
Modified
sorry bro i quoted you wrongly

1 Like

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Nowadays, i'll need around #300 just for bread.

FFO

Re: Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit by orlaglobal234: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
You don't cook beans or what 're you using to cook your beans gas or charcoal or hot plate because you can't use gas to cook beans and still serve you for month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue Chef, Naira Victor Sets New Record After Cooking For 135 Hours / Why Do I Purge After Eating Nkwobi Or Goat Head? / What Can A Single Guy/lady Cook With #4000 for the week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.