Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? (7583 Views)

Must I Have Worked For A Company To Be Eligible For Turing.com Job? / Software Engineering - Independent Contractor / Anyone Has Done Something On Data Structures And Algorithms On Crossover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hello everyone,
Seeking advice. So I have been offered a position as a QA Tester (Independent Contractor) at crossover.com. And I am bit hesitant to take this position and wanted some advice.

I got to know of crossover.com last month here on Nairaland. Applied for a few positions and got successful with the QA tester role. However most of my research about working for Crossover.com has turned up mostly negative reviews. Intense monitoring, deducted pay and generally poor work conditions. But at $20k per annum, the offer looks tempting. I have another remote job and was looking to combine both. However most of the reviews have been from Americans who are a bit picky. So I wanted practical advice from any Nigerian based folks that have worked with them. What has been your experience? Is it possible to combine crossover.com offer with another remote job? Would you advise I accept the offer and combine it with my current role? Or should I just tint and keep looking?

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by LifeMapEmpire(f): 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
Oga, accept the offer quickly o!!! With the prevailing economic situation, any extra na plus o, most people have lost their source of livelihood… Besides, I think it’s better to try and leave than not try and live to regret it… Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
LifeMapEmpire:
Oga, accept the offer quickly o!!! With the prevailing economic situation, any extra na plus o, most people have lost their source of livelihood… Besides, I think it’s better to try and leave than not try and live to regret it… Cheers!!!

Lol. Thanks for the your contribution. To be honest I feel like somehow I should accept and see what unfolds. But you see these US companies and contracts....don't play with them. They will hold you to that contract to the last. I was thinking I could accept the role, under go the 4-week training and if I like it I can combine both. But if at the end of the training I don't like the work culture and decide to leave, they may bill me for the training.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by LifeMapEmpire(f): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2021
It’s not even right to join an organization with intent to leave especially when resources have been expended in training and refining you!!! Except in peculiar cases, I perceive this as sheer wickedness!!! I tell folks, if you must accept any employment offer, then be ready to play your part and give your best!!! Shalom Bro

[quote author=airsaylongcome post=105813821]

5 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2021
LifeMapEmpire:
It’s not even right to join an organization with intent to leave especially when resources have been expended in training and refining you!!! Except in peculiar cases, I perceive this as sheer wickedness!!! I tell folks, if you must accept any employment offer, then be ready to play your part and give your best!!! Shalom Bro

I totally agree with you about the bolded. However it takes two to tango. My default position normally is to commit and deliver. But in this remote job stage, us IT folks are mercenaries. Ashis. The employers are not necessarily interested in us other than the skills we offer. The offer is often way less than what they'd offer a US resident with work authorization. None salary benefits and other sweet mouth things you don't get.

But I get your point. However I'm also of the opinion that every employee should have an exit plan from the day s/he accepts an offer. Whether that is a retirement plan, or switching employers midway, one should always have an exit strategy before entering

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by DaddyYankee: 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2021
LifeMapEmpire:

But what if accepting you do not find the working conditions favourable?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2021
DaddyYankee:
But what if accepting you do not find the working conditions favourable?

Na to move na.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 15, 2021
You are here speaking grammar because you have work already. When you are jobless and have an offer that pays $20k annually, come back and ask us. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2021
ClixMaster:
You are here speaking grammar because you have work already. When you are jobless and have an offer that pays $20k annually, come back and ask us. Goodluck

That's incorrect! Earlier this year, I was jobless and broke. Applied to Tekxperts and got an offer. Turned them down because the offer was downright insulting and online reviews indicated a very toxic work environment.

$20k annual is not $20k in the bank! It's an Independent Contractor role and not a permanent employee role (meaning you loose out on a lot of employee benefit and can be fired at short notice) I'm very big on work-life balance. I would like to take up the role but not at the detriment of the one I already have

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by olukunle50: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
How did you get your first remote work
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Through Reddit. I I didn't join Reddit to look for work o. Joined years ago as a means to get better (more?) information about tech. Basically I wanted to be on a foreign forum to see how engagements occur. Abandoned my account there for a while and only became active again with the rise of the Wall Street Bet subreddit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
is the qa test role manual or automated
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2021
Automated. Using Gherkin
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Automated. Using Gherkin
that's nice
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by olukunle50: 7:55am On Sep 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Through Reddit. I I didn't join Reddit to look for work o. Joined years ago as a means to get better (more?) information about tech. Basically I wanted to be on a foreign forum to see how engagements occur. Abandoned my account there for a while and only became active again with the rise of the Wall Street Bet subreddit

That's good
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 16, 2021
Which skill fit land person job fr all this crossover and to get remote job?bro
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by LikeAking: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Hello everyone,
Seeking advice. So I have been offered a position as a QA Tester (Independent Contractor) at crossover.com. And I am bit hesitant to take this position and wanted some advice.

I got to know of crossover.com last month here on Nairaland. Applied for a few positions and got successful with the QA tester role. However most of my research about working for Crossover.com has turned up mostly negative reviews. Intense monitoring, deducted pay and generally poor work conditions. But at $20k per annum, the offer looks tempting. I have another remote job and was looking to combine both. However most of the reviews have been from Americans who are a bit picky. So I wanted practical advice from any Nigerian based folks that have worked with them. What has been your experience? Is it possible to combine crossover.com offer with another remote job? Would you advise I accept the offer and combine it with my current role? Or should I just tint and keep looking?

Abeg cut just small soap for me
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
Still looking out for advice from previous and/current Crossover.com contractors. Dem don schedule session for me to engage with a HR staff to clarify my fears and worries. But personally I no dey trust HR at all
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by The5DME(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Still looking out for advice from previous and/current Crossover.com contractors. Dem don schedule session for me to engage with a HR staff to clarify my fears and worries. But personally I no dey trust HR at all
Good morning. i've always wanted to learn how to use Microsoft Excel. But the issue is my Laptop didn;t come with MS-office preinstalled, and I don't have the money to pay for a subscription. I just want to ask if I can use the LibreOffice Calc in place of MS-Excel for learning advanced Excel functions?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
The5DME:
Good morning. i've always wanted to learn how to use Microsoft Excel. But the issue is my Laptop didn;t come with MS-office preinstalled, and I don't have the money to pay for a subscription. I just want to ask if I can use the LibreOffice Calc in place of MS-Excel for learning advanced Excel functions?

It's not quite the same. Most (not all) of what you can do in Excel can be done with LibreCalc either with their exact replacement or with work around. But I will not advice anyone to learn LibreCalc ahead of excel. That will be like learning to drive a trailer when you can't ride a bicycle

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by kennethfranc(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
The5DME:
I thought the MS programs are sold or installed at the market?
My area, it's #250 for the disk or #100 for installation
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by The5DME(m): 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
kennethfranc:

I thought the MS programs are sold or installed at the market?
My area, it's #250 for the disk or #100 for installation
I'll go with this option.
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by frank417: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
airsaylongcome:
Hello everyone,

Hi sir, Pls check your email
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 5:01am On Oct 29, 2021
frank417:

Hi sir, Pls check your email

I don't even remember what email I used. What's up?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by frank417: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I wanted to ask you how you land your remote jobs. I am almost rounding up frontend and would like to get a job(remote or physical). when you replied to clixmstar "earlier this year I was jobless and broke", I felt it. Seems to be my current situation.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by BlackSan: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I read somewhere about you being a Data analyst/scientist. Can I ask a couple of questions?
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by Obas101(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Hello everyone,

Very useless company... I worked for only 1 week before the manager terminated my contract. Please what's the other remote job link.. You can reach me on 08062522014
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by 1c3JaY: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Hello everyone,

Good evening... What's your view on crossover work after working with them this past months? Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 2:42am On Jan 25, 2022
1c3JaY:

Good evening... What's your view on crossover work after working with them this past months? Thanks

I did not take up the Crossover.com role as I got another offer with more room to learn and more aligned with my career path

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by sambrovic(m): 2:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
@Airsaylongcome I need your assistance....can you drop your number or msg me on 07062037543.

thanks
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by airsaylongcome: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
sambrovic:
@Airsaylongcome I need your assistance....can you drop your number or msg me on 07062037543.

thanks

Tele
Re: Has Anyone Here Worked For Crossover.com As An Independent Contractor? by TheExclusive: 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
Obas101:

Very useless company... I worked for only 1 week before the manager terminated my contract. Please what's the other remote job link.. You can reach me on 08062522014
What was their reason bro?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Programming Language Is Best For Building An Hospital Management Software / Facebook Programming Challenge Question / Where Can I Study Software Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.