Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo (300 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Ongoing Ekehuan Road Construction (Photos) / Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by wwwihy: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2021
Vehicular movement was disrupted along Ekehuan Road on Monday as some residents and landlords from various communities staged a protest on the dilapidated road which has been under re-construction for over four years.

The residents are piqued by the fact the work is moving on at slow pace and also complained that the few metres that have been constructed were already failing, alleging that the work was substandard.

The protesters said they were from Upper-Ekehuan, Uvgbugyoko, Oghede Agenigie, Ekehuan Barracks, Udo, Evbuotubu, Ugbine communities along the road.

A landlord in the area who identified himself as Uche Nwabuzor said, “We are protesting because of the bad road. They said the road was awarded to a construction company but I don’t really know because all these time, they will come and dig the roads and they are busy selling the sand, the old asphalt and the rods which they are excavating and right now, while there is no road for us to pass again. Once it is 6pm, the bus fare from Ring Road to Uvgbugyokho is N1000. Some of us that have cars, we go to the mechanic workshop everyday.

We went to the site of the construction company, they told us the government has not reimbursed them, that is why the work is slow. We don’t know who is saying the truth or not but we decided to come out into the road to get the attention of the governor.

“When the Governor came to campaign in Upper Ekehuan, he said immediately he resumes office,this road will be fixed. But this work is up to four years now and it has become worse because of the slow pace of work and now the suffering has become too much. If nothing is done, we are coming back again to block the road.”

Another protester who simply identified himself as Osayi said, “I am a civil servant but I stay in this area. I have stopped driving my car home because I visit the mechanic every other day. I park in a friend’s compound by Erediauwa, take public transport to the place and then drive my car to the office. When I close, I park it in my friend’s place and take public transport home.

“What is even more embarrassing is that the few metres they have tarred, the asphalted areas are already giving way. Go and look at Agho Junction, Ozigbo Junction, before the UNIBEN gate on both sides.”

https://punchng.com/ekehuan-residents-protest-poor-state-of-road-in-edo/

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by Charmingrascal(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2021
Good governance poll

Like for Oshiomole Share for Obaseki

6 Likes

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by PIMPAR: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is what you get when you vote Tax collector into power. Edo no be Lagos truly

1 Like

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by HornyTave: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
PIMPAR:
This is what you get when you vote Tax collector into power. Edo no be Lagos truly

who's in Ogun and Ekiti?

1 Like

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by techwaya: 7:07am On Sep 15, 2021
shocked
Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by Urbanchampion: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2021
They made their choice by voting Obaseki,. They should learn to live with what they chose. However, no be say guarantee dey say Iyamo for construct the road.

1 Like

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by Urbanchampion: 7:17am On Sep 15, 2021
They made their choice by voting Obaseki,. They should learn to live with what they chose. However, no be say guarantee dey say Iyamo for construct the road. Because all Politicians are the same
Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by jneutron4000: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2021
Urbanchampion:
They made their choice by voting Obaseki,. They should learn to live with what they chose. However, no be say guarantee dey say Iyamo for construct the road. Because all Politicians are the same
Iyamo would have being better because he would follow Oshiomole laid down development plan, but the Edos mistake continuity for godfatherism.

1 Like

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by yemmight(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2021
This road good now. Please come to Ota-Sango road and compare.
Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by razfad10(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2021
yemmight:
This road good now. Please come to Ota-Sango road and compare.
which Road good?
Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by Truthissupreme: 8:24am On Sep 15, 2021
jneutron4000:
Iyamo would have being better because he would follow Oshiomole laid down development plan, but the Edos mistake continuity for godfatherism.
sometimes I just laugh una foolishness

Edo needs obaseki than Iyamu at least in this jihad period of buhari

By next year you would see buhari tremendous jihad coming to the south, some siccies governors would cave in to please him accepting lands for herdsmen

Siccies governors would allow bandits a fertile ground as they are approaching

Ize Iyamu would have used that as thank you to buhari

Oshomole had proposed to give lands in Edo to Fulani before obaseki came to say no

They have already used daily trust to pass info that bandits have left zamfara and heading south una still never know what's up

People would be talking of staying alive than roads when government no tar then
Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by PIMPAR: 8:26am On Sep 15, 2021
HornyTave:

who's in Ogun and Ekiti?
It's obvious you have never been to Ogun neither you know the road that leads to Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Ekehuan Residents Protest Poor State Of Road In Edo by jneutron4000: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2021
[s]
Truthissupreme:
sometimes I just laugh una foolishness

Edo needs obaseki than Iyamu at least in this jihad period of buhari

By next year you would see buhari tremendous jihad coming to the south, some siccies governors would cave in to please him accepting lands for herdsmen

Siccies governors would allow bandits a fertile ground as they are approaching

Ize Iyamu would have used that as thank you to buhari

Oshomole had proposed to give lands in Edo to Fulani before obaseki came to say no

They have already used daily trust to pass info that bandits have left zamfara and heading south una still never know what's up

People would be talking of staying alive than roads when government no tar then
[/s]you know nothing about politics. Let see how Obaseki will perform, Philip Shiabu has realised I know with time Una eyes go clear

(1) (Reply)

Fani Kayode: Buhari Acted Like God, Nigerians Should Like Him - Femi Adesina / Politics Of Conception / Tinubu Gives Update On Health As Northern Lawmakers Visit Him In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.