Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship (511 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man / 30 Years Old No Marriage No Kids, I Cry To Bed Daily... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship by Lostchild(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
ABOUT ME
I am like a child but not childish. I can be a friend to a two year old child because I am a child in nature. I have lowly thought. All that which people value in this life, I see them as less important. That which I value, people cares not about.

I am sensitive to feel the pain of others because I am in pursuit of love and not materials wealth. My life goal is to love and to help.

I used to have a childhood friend for the last thirty years, and we have been friends since five year of age. He is an extrovert who love the company's of others, while I am an introvert who love the company of books, read and write.

He was more closer to me than my brothers and knows things about me my parents do not know. I love to help him a lot and share my knowledge and careers with him. I help him so much because I am a selfless person who does everything to better the life of others. In fact, I do nearly to all the most important things in his life to the point where he cares less about important things. He knows he has someone that always does everything for him.

He will call me on the phone and send me on an errands to do things for him. We were born the same year but I always do whatever good things he asked from me as long as it will better his life.

With my help, he can make 2 million and he will give me 50 thousand from his money. I can make 200k and I can give him that same 50k from the little I make, yet he will still be the one to go around slandering me behind my back. Everything I do for him, he will always used it against me.

I like to protect him a lot and always warn him of the consequences of his actions.

When he does wrong that will affect him, I do tell him he is wrong. And when he does things right, I do encourage him and help him to accomplish his good will.

He started having hate towards me anytime time I refuse to support his wrong deeds. He wants me to always support everything he does. I keep telling him I can always support him only on his good will because (virtue) is of God

Behind my back, he despised me so much. But he just needed me because I was very useful to him. I am a person who believes and practice forgiveness and will continue to forgive and help my offenders.

One day, we were conversing when he revealed to me what is inside his heart towards me.

He said to me; he sees and feels that I am not MATURE. I was shocked by his statement.

I went home that day and thought about what he said. I decide to change my ways and work on myself. I also felt I need to from now on use wisdom when dealing with him and men in general.

I began to work on myself because I was like a servant to all men. In due time, he began to see that I was no longer willing to be his servant and help him in areas where he should help himself.

He began to hate me
He began to despise me.
He began to attack me behind my back.

He always attack me because of women. One day, he did it to the extreme. I knew the time has come for me to back of from his affairs which I did.

He saw the changes in me and he wanted the old me. But for me, he can no longer have the old me anymore. I began to see that, the reason he continue to be so close to me is because of the things he was benefiting from our friendship. But truly, he despised me. His hatred and evil towards me became such that we drifted apart and became enemy.

Two best friends, became two best enemy. I change my line and bought another glo sim. I made sure he can't access me.

Within 1 year of me disconnected from him, he began to see my worth and value. He began to see the beauty of my tenderness, how wonderful it is for him to have that his child alike friend.

He started sending people to make request from me, I rejected his request. He sent one of his sister, I reject his request. He sent someone very important, I reject him and still stand on my words.

He tried every way to come back to my life. He contact me on facebook and was even calling me his blood. I ignored him completely because he wants to come back to eat from his vomit (puke)

After 30 years of brotherly friendship: I walk away and I never look back.

When I look back now, I can see how enduring I was. I can see lot of changes in me that, is it impossible for me to be and enjoy my old self in this present evil country.

THE MESSAGE
・Walk away from people who put you down

・Walk away from fight that will never be resolved.

・Walk away from trying to please people who never see your worth

・The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the more healthier you will be.

By Paulo Coelho.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship by Lostchild(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2021
I am more wiser now
I am more mature now.
I have more diplomacy now

His words and attitude really change me.

And life goes on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship by Polynek(m): 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2021
I love d story shaa, but I hv never had any type of close friend let alone best friend, my primary, secondary and University classmates are my friends, I don't hv any paddy-paddy, if u chat me on any S-M I chat you back and life goes on grin

1 Like

Re: After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship by amaks: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2021
"Walking away from someone you love or care is the hardest thing to face. But when someone makes you feel worthless, it’s better to make the shift. Sometimes we do not feel strong enough to move on. But the real weakness does not lie in moving on, weakness is to keep on staying in a relation that no longer exists in its true sense."

2 Likes

Re: After 30 Years Of Brotherly Friendship by Caramia2020(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2021
Good move, a lot of Nigerians will only want to use u by staying close to u, I had an experienced wen d fellow will only call me for job wen counseling is needed or he wishes to get something from me but I know dat deep down in him he hates my Success story despite being a boy under him, sometimes his look are scary to an extent I asked him is there any problem, I shook my head most times bcoz he has been envious of me not knowing I av multiple sources of income. I deal with him with arms length b4 someone will poison me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Child Neglect As A Form Of Child Abuse / Relocation Sales / Benefits Of Having Snake Plants Inside Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.