Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football (1850 Views)

I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / I Think My Husband Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by alitee: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
Football dat is even bringin me closa 2 my man ...wen watching 2gda d bond and happiness is immeasurable...
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Lamanii22(f): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Justbehave:
And who among them is supposed to sacrifice for the other? The man who has the TV only when he wants to watch football or the woman who makes use of it whenever she wants? Why is it that most of you ladies reason anti clock wise? Who dey raise Una sef?

He is meant to be matured about it.... And be considerate... Is it all the football they must watch...

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Kajaard: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
bukatyne:
@anita98:

From your OP, you stated your husband is selfish and only thinks about you/your welfare when he wants to have sex with you.

That is what is making you resentful about the TV stuff.

I advise that whenever your husband does something you do not like, address it on the spot or earliest convenient time so they don't linger and begin to expand in your mind.

If you feel he is selfish, have a talk and outline the ways you feel he is selfish and take it up from there.

While engaging him, also understand the principle of fairness and common sense.

For instance, you work from home/close earlier hence you have access to the TV till he comes home. It is sensible he takes over the TV because you should have watched your fill.

Unfortunately, your program and his are same time. Engage him with those facts in mind towards resolution: subscribe for dual-view and buy a new TV; download DSTV app on your phone; record your programs & watch after he is done with the TV or the next day; subscribe to Netflix and watch the series there etc.

Goodluck.

Too much sense will not kill you. You finish work joor! Nice one cool
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Justbehave(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2021
Lamanii22:

He is meant to be matured about it.... And be considerate... Is it all the football they must watch...
Go to bed. This is not a child's playing ground.
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Vision101(m): 2:51am On Sep 16, 2021
@mariahAngel

I’d rather grow old in my father’s house with peace of mind, than have an element like you ruin my life. cheesy
[i] Chinekenna ekwekwala ihe ojoo!

@me
Sister leave it at that. It's not everyone that you will reply. Once the conversation becomes too dirty please stop.

Honestly it surprises me how some people find it easy to use extreme gutter language on this forum. It is because it's faceless?

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by mrblessed(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2021
When there is no problem in the house, just look for a means, any means, to create one. Since you work, what stops you from buying a TV to watch whatever programme of your choice? Must a man do everything for you?
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Mystery9(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2021
Beebah2000:
I wonder wetin some men dey gain for football. Football is so boring jeez......
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Mystery9(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2021
Legendrysailor:
Hell no !!!

A man dat does not watch football is an infidel. Such man should be cast into d lake of fire.

Football is life especially when u support Liverpool
shocked shocked shocked shocked. This guy don ceeate his own terrorist religion.
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Mystery9(m): 8:32am On Sep 16, 2021
Seriously the man no the try for not understanding with his wife. At least they should be times he should compromise for his wife to have her way, that is love. But madam there should be times wake u to go understand. Na like so ZEE WORLD, TELEMUNDO and African Magic vs Football, News Channels, and Nat Geo Wild the cause wahala for house. At times, me I dey Waka the go room straight, leaving my sis and her likes fo there. Some of my neighbors wife can kill themselves for ZEE WORLD, TELEMUNDO and African Magic. But luckily they have understanding men.. But Nevertheless, there are some night wake baba ******* must watch ball. After that the wife go continue her own.
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Mystery9(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2021
alitee:
Football dat is even bringin me closa 2 my man ...wen watching 2gda d bond and happiness is immeasurable...
We are different in likes.
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Mystery9(m): 8:49am On Sep 16, 2021
Lamanii22:

True
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by mariahAngel(f): 10:04am On Sep 16, 2021
Vision101:
@mariahAngel

I’d rather grow old in my father’s house with peace of mind, than have an element like you ruin my life. cheesy

@me
Sister leave it at that. It's not everyone that you will reply. Once the conversation becomes too dirty please stop.

Honestly it surprises me how some people find it easy to use extreme gutter language on this forum. It is because it's faceless?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by Justbehave(m): 10:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Vision101:
@mariahAngel

@me

Simp. I guess you didn't see hers too. Olukwu.Realman indeed.Hahahahahah
Re: I Think My Husband Is Obsessed With Football by blackpant: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
anita98:
good day nairalanders, I created this new account for incognito purposes. my hubby lurks around NL once a while... so yea I think my husband has an unhealthy obsession with watching football, he watches it everyday when he comes back from work or if he's at home all day during the weekends, I find it inconvenient cos it's like watching football has now become a compulsory thing in the house! I can't even watch what i want like dramas and stuff, anytime I asks he complains anyhow saying he only gets to watch the TV when's he back from work, that I have it all to myself all day which is false! am also working, albeit not the long hours he does but it's not like am glued to the TV all day.. me I don't like watching football, I find it boring, as an husband can't he sacrifice time for me, most of the shows or movies I would like to watch are aired in the evenings and the power in our area is rubbish! we have gen but like the usual, it's still football nonsense even tho they aren't showing any match, he's always watching supersport!
some of you might think am exaggerating but if you were in my shoes you'd understand, I've told him to buy me a TV and probably gotv since it's cheaper but he always find reasons to say no, the only time he thinks about me is when he wants sex, we are a young couple going on our 3rd year now and honestly am stressed with his selfishness! we really haven't had a big argument over this issue but I can see it happening soon. so I need advice, I know I might not get what I want here but am tired and need solutions anywhere.

Hello OP, I'm 13 years in marriage with no real issues thanks to God but I have some advice for you. There are two ways to solve this problem, either you save up some money and get a TV (you could ask him for his contribution) or you just learn to tolerate watching a game or two. This way you bond with him watching him answer any questions you have no matter how dumb they may sound and through that you could make him watch other programs by keeping him entertained. This way you would know all the football schedules and identify replays, then you would be able to argue your way. It's a win win! However you don't want to quarrel with him on this subject, believe me it probably would not end well. Is your husband a sports gambler or just a super fan? It's better he relieves his passion at home than outside his home. He feels more secure and happy when you are around, don't make him find pleasure outside his home. Women need to understand that men are like on and off switches while women are like dimmer switches.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Texas Gay Couple Tortured, Murdered And Dismembered In Mexico / 30k Airtime Giveaway To Students / Issue Of Outcast 'osu'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.