Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG (931 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: We Will Restore Normalcy In Abuja, Others In 3 Days – FG / United States: Twitter's Suspension In Nigeria Is A Violation Of Human Rights / Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by akelicious(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
The Federal Government has again assured Nigerians that all issues that led to the suspension of activities of the popular microblogging platform, Twitter, will be sorted out soon.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, gave the assurance while fielding questions from State House correspondents after the meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Mohammed, who declined to give a specific timeline on when the suspension would be lifted, said the ongoing discussions between government and Twitter had been “productive” and “respective
Asked on the latest on the Twitter ban in the country as he had promised on August 11 that the ban would be lifted very soon, the minister said: “I think even Twitter itself two days ago gave what I will call a progress report on our talks with them, and I think if I want to quote them rightly, it has been productive and quite respectful.
“And as to the qualifying, when, how soon is soon, right? I want to assure you that the time that Twitter operation has been suspended, between the time it has been suspended, and when it will be restored is by far, much, much shorter.
“In other words, if the operation has been suspended for about 100 days now, I can tell that we’re just actually talking about a few, just a few more days now.
“What we’re trying to do is the changes that have been going on, but we need to dot the i’s and cross the t’s, but I can assure us that we’re not mindful of the anxiety of Nigerians and both parties are working very hard to put a closure on the matter.
“And like Twitter itself said the changes have been very, very productive on both parties. It has not been advisory at all. And it’s quite respectful. Thank you very much.”
When asked further to be specific on when the matter would be resolved, Mohammed said: “Honestly, we have gone very far, I won’t be specific, but we have gone very far, and honestly, it’s just going to be very, very soon, just take my word for that.
“Honestly, I can’t be more specific than what I’ve told you that it is going to be very soon.”
The federal government had said the microblogging platform was suspended because it provided an avenue for people threatening the corporate existence of Nigeria.
Mohammed had Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter, helped to fund the recent #EndSARS protest while allowing the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, to use the platform to call for the killing of policemen.
Mohammed had on June 9 listed conditions that must be met by Twitter, including that it must now be registered in Nigeria as a business concern.
There are reports that Nigeria has lost at least $360 million over the Twitter ban.

https://www.akelicious.net/well-lift-twitter-suspension-in-a-few-days-fg/

Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Amotolongbo(f): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2021
Are they tired of using their koo?
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Americafighter: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2021
At the end of the parade .. may I have the permission to carry on
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Opak001(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Anyhow they want it we gather dey!!!
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by SarkinYarki: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
If you like don't lift it
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Racoon(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
So after accusing twitter of sponsoring the #EndSARS protests, the idea bereft government is still accepting the app giant back into the country? Most obvious the government is finally tired of it utter foolishness
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by AntiBMC(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
After wasting billions of dollars on the twitter ban yet achieving nothing. They talking rvbbish. Nigerians don't even know if there's a ban, they have been using VPN.

Yeye govt...with misplaced priorities.
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by chiiraq802(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2021
So quick or is it because election is getting closer and they want to use it to campaign... lols.
Mumu Fulani Government of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by jlinkd78(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Has Twitter registered in Nigeria
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Crowwejihadist: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2021
Vgj
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Perfectbeing(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2021
Racoon:
So after accusing twitter of sponsoring the #EndSARS protests, the idea bereft government is still accepting the app giant back into the country? Most obvious the government is finally tired of it utter foolishness
I'm sure they'll pull out some feathers off the bird's wings before agreeing to lift the ban. The bird wouldn't be able to fly high in Nigeria anymore.
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by sapientia(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Block borders

Block Twitter

Always blind blockade with nothing to gain and plenty to lose
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Campaigns are close... it would be detrimental to them leaving the opposition solely on the political platform.
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by wpadmin: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Twitter wey no send Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by rayvelez(m): 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
I hope Twitter accept to open branch office in Abuja if not let the banned continue mumu people 2023 is on the way.
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by igbeke: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
Shame on Bubu, Liar and their co-travellers.
Who told them Nigerians care?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Ayojideonline(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
This is expected, it's just so they can get twitter to share the money they make with the country. If twitter sef bans your account whether you appeal or not, after 90 days or like 3 months they will allow it to be active again. So twitter will be accessible with time, Will you be ready ? grin
Re: We’ll Lift Twitter Suspension In A Few Days - FG by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 15, 2021
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Price Of 2 Tons Of Cement In The 80s / RE:78% Of Girls In Northern Nigeria Marry Before Age 18-the Hypocrisy Of The / Obiano Retires Obi From Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.