Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness (959 Views)

Your Posture Might Be The Reason Behind Your Health Problems! / Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. / Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness by Chin168: 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2021

According to the 2001 Back Pain Survey, 2.5 million Brits suffer from bad posture every day. Meanwhile, 28 per cent of Americans suffer from chronic lower back pain, and 14 per cent say their shoulders often hurt. Which amounts to a right pain in the spine. But what exactly is bad posture, and why does it matter? Originating with the Latin verb ponere, posture simply means the position in which you hold your body to counteract the force of gravity. And the general consensus is that the straighter your back, the less pain you’ll encounter now, and down the line. Anything that messes with the position of your spine will only cause you trouble. So if you hunch over a tablet for the duration of your commute, occasionally get your form wrong in the gym, or spend all day at a desk, then you probably have some work to do.

An individual’s ability to maintain good postures is an indicator of their stability and control. Poor postures become more apparent when the body is challenged, for example, in certain positions or with external loads such as sitting at an office desk for long periods of time or looking down at your phone. It’s a serious problem; in the UK, 119 million work days are lost to back pain each year, at a cost of £12.3 billion to the NHS. This amounts to 22 per cent of the country’s annual health expenditure – the equivalent of 793 GPs working full time on your back. In the US, 45 per cent of workers complain of neck pain. And we’re not just talking about a twinge every now and then, or tight shoulders. Poor posture can have long term implications. If an individual is off work with back pain for one month, there’s a 20 per cent chance they’ll still be off sick a whole year later. But putting time into your posture won’t just leave you feeling better at your desk; there are myriad proven health and fitness benefits to getting your posture straight. Plus, standing proud and tall is always a good look…

The Benefits of Good Posture
https://retroworldnews.com/getting-your-posture-straight-benefits-health-and-fitness/
Re: Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness by martiscore: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
Wow
Re: Getting Your Posture Straight Benefits Health And Fitness by martiscore: 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Thanks for sharing! Indeed, correct posture ensures good health, gives you confidence, and even helps you visually lose a few pounds. Despite this, many of us often slouch, especially when sitting at the computer. I've had the same problem till I started to change my everyday habits. After reading gym guides, such as https://fitbodybuzz.com/outdoor-exercise-equipment-outside-workout/, and having training 7 times per week, I felt my back muscles better fixing the posture. Plus, I've tried several lifehacks to keep my back straight during sitting in front of the computer.

(1) (Reply)

Severe Sicknes After Sex / Allergy To Alcohol / Asthma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.