Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. (1157 Views)

Alison Education Center Declining my Card Payment / Please Come Suggest For Me / How Can I Sue Jumia For Stealing My Card Details? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by Emmadoc: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2021
Today, I went to the bank (access bank) to withdraw some money for my mum.

On getting to the bank, I discovered that there was network coverage issues in access bank after trying 3 consecutive times with no success.

So I decided to withdraw the money from stanbic bank.

When I got to stanbic ATM stand, I inserted my access bank atm card into the atm.

I inputted my details, but I made a little mistake twice. I was suppose to select current account instead of savings account.

After trying for the second time, I was told that my atm card has been retained.

So I met with one of stanbic staff, and explained what happened to him. He told me to go to access bank and lodge my complains there.

He also told me to go there with the original owner of the card which is my father.

The problem is, my father is late, what do I do now?

I'm afraid of going directly to access bank, Incase they might accuse me of fraud or stealing of the card.
Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by Pierocash(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2021
Emmadoc:

On getting to the bank, I discovered that there was network coverage issues in access bank after trying 3 consecutive times with no success.

When I got to stanbic ATM stand, I inserted my access bank atm card into the atm.

I inputted my details, but I made a little mistake twice. I was suppose to select current account instead of savings account.

After trying for the second time, I was told that my atm card has been retained.

So I met with one of stanbic staff, and explained what happened to him. He told me to go to access bank and lodge my complains there.

He also told me to go there with the original owner of the card which is my father.

I'm afraid of going directly to access bank, Incase they might accuse me of fraud or stealing of the card.
but the truth is that you stole the card. Is your father aware from his grave that you took it? grin
Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by Emmadoc: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Pierocash:
but the truth is that you stole the card. Is your father aware from his grave that you took it? grin

Your opinion is useless. sad
Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 4:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Emmadoc:

This is VERY ridiculous. You have bleeped up like crazy. Omo to slap you dey hungry me now. You have put your family in a big mess. What I mean here is that you can no longer access the money unless you get Letter of Administration from the probate Registry. This process is very frustrating and takes 6-12 months. You also have to pay the Government 10% of the money in the account. .

Why not try this, get your father's death certificate and some other documents, go back to the bank and explain to them the situation. They will not arrest you. The worse they can do is not release the card but to slap you better slap dey hungry me.

Why you no transfer the money to another account that's accessible. Omo I want to slap you
Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by Emmadoc: 6:11am On Sep 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

This is VERY ridiculous. You have bleeped up like crazy. Omo to slap you dey hungry me now. You have put your family in a big mess. What I mean here is that you can no longer access the money unless you get Letter of Administration from the probate Registry. This process is very frustrating and takes 6-12 months. You also have to pay the Government 10% of the money in the account. .

Why not try this, get your father's death certificate and some other documents, go back to the bank and explain to them the situation. They will not arrest you. The worse they can do is not release the card but to slap you better slap dey hungry me.

Why you no transfer the money to another account that's accessible. Omo I want to slap you

I will take all the blame
Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by DoubleDD1990(m): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2021
Pierocash:
this cracked me up���

1 Like

Re: My Card Got Swallowed... Please Suggest Me A Solution. by DoubleDD1990(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
Emmadoc:

When I got to stanbic ATM stand, I inserted my access.
bank atm card into the atm.

I’m sure your father didn’t give you permission to use his atm card grin grin[left][/left] grin

(1) (Reply)

Rlg Nig Comm / abc / PGD In Biochemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.