Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup (25075 Views)

Banyana Banyana Defeat Super Falcons 4-2 To Lift The Aisha Buhari Cup In Lagos / Buhari Receives Gianni Infantino (FIFA President) In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 6:09am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

That is literally their name! For God sakes! Kai!
That was their original name. But can you show me a FIFA document or an article in Time magazine where it's spelt out that way? When last did you hear the BBC refer to itself at the British Broadcasting Corporation? Or BP refer to itself as British Petroleum? Only Nigerian newspapers do. If you don't get how full names are dropped and acronyms adopted (not all organizations do this, of course; for example, CNN is till Cable News Network) I won't respond further.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 6:12am On Sep 16, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Wat do u know?

FIFA was first concocted in French before it was being interpreted to english...that is d original meaning of FIFA, u dumb head.
French? I didn't know. I thought it was concocted from Ibibio, you cerebral dwarf.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JeffreyJames(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2021
Na why them wan use traffic kill us be this?!!
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 6:20am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

That was their original name. But can you show me a FIFA document or an article in Time magazine where it's spelt out that way? When last did you hear the BBC refer to itself at the British Broadcasting Corporation? Or BP refer to itself as British Petroleum? Only Nigerian newspapers do. If you don't get how full names are dropped and acronyms adopted (not all organizations do this, of course; for example, CNN is till Cable News Network) I won't respond further.

It's not a question of "original name", that is still their name and they are referred to with that name in very many places. For God's sake!!

FIFA as an IOC member https://www.asoif.com/member/f%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration-internationale-de-football-association

The United Nations https://unece.org/united-nations-special-envoy-road-safety/meeting-representatives-federation-internationale-de

IMDB, Wikipedia, etc.

What the hell is wrong in calling an association by its name! That's its name for God's sake!

It's a matter of style. They can choose to use the acronym or they can choose to flesh it out. It's their choice. They don't have to follow anyone else like a mumu, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in calling an organisation by its name as many have done and continue to do.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 6:20am On Sep 16, 2021
Kai!
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

It's not a question of "original name", that is still their name and they are referred to with that name in very many places. For God's sake!!

FIFA as an IOC member https://www.asoif.com/member/f%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration-internationale-de-football-association

The United Nations https://unece.org/united-nations-special-envoy-road-safety/meeting-representatives-federation-internationale-de

IMDB, Wikipedia, etc.

What the hell is wrong in calling an association by its name! That's its name for God's sake!

It's a matter of style. They can choose to use the acronym or they can choose to flesh it out. It's their choice. They don't have to follow anyone else like a mumu, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in calling an organisation by its name as many have done and continue to do.

You're the one who has used the word "wrong", not me.

Imagine you have a Ph.D. in physics and you appear at a conference and say "I'm Naptu. I have a philosopher's degree in physics. Of course, you will get curious stares. Not because you're "wrong" but because you're VERBOSE to a degree that isn't even funny.

The other day, I read a newspaper article that began "Two Western Education is Bad (Boko Haram) members that were arrested by..." *sigh* I agree there's something to be said about style (that's my field after all), but if this is the style of Nigerian journalism, Nigerian journalism is VERBOSE.

No, FIFA is not referred to as "Federation ... " in very many places. They're just FIFA. Of course, you can call them by their original name if you're teaching primary four or writing on Wikipedia. My point is newsman's English doesn't work like that and journalists elsewhere don't. It's verbose.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by femi4: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2021
olaztek:
Nigeria will become the first champion of the ABC- Aisha Buhari Cup
Competition that won't be sustain

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Nigerian journalism is tiresome for its sheer verbosity. Who calls FIFA Fédération Internationale de Football Association ?!
Some of you just come on here to proudly and arrogantly showcase your ignorance. Isn't FIFA the French acronym for Federation Internationale de Football Association, while Its English acronym would be IFAF (International Federation of Association Football)? Social media sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 6:44am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

That is literally their name! For God sakes! Kai!
I was shocked too bro. Everyone just like raising arguments where there should be none. It's very tiring.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by IzzyAgu: 6:45am On Sep 16, 2021
That Monday Gift is really exciting to watch
She get it!

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2021
Newton85:
Some of you just come on here to proudly and arrogantly showcase your ignorance. Isn't FIFA the French acronym for Federation Internationale de Football Association, while Its English acronym would be IFAF (International Federation of Association Football)? Social media sha.
It's not a French acronym. It's a Kalabari initialism.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

Wat do u know?

FIFA was first concocted in French before it was being interpreted to english...that is d original meaning of FIFA, u dumb head.
Infact, he's not only a dumb head, he's a monumental numbskull.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 6:47am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

It's not a French acronym. It's a Kalabari initialism.
Boring and dry humour to save face. Oga go and bury your head in shame. Olodo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 6:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Newton85:
Boring and dry humour to save face. Oga go and bury your head in shame. Olodo.
That wasn't to save face. In this matter, "olodo" describes you even if you can't see it.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

That wasn't to save face. In this matter, "olodo" describes you even if you can't see it.
Alaye go and sleep. Monumental clowns just raising unnecessary arguments out of no where. FIFA means "Fédération Internationale de Football Association" yet one low IQ buffoon says it shouldn't be called such? What sort of nonsense is this? Is this even real?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

You're the one who has used the word "wrong", not me.

Imagine you have a Ph.D. in physics and you appear at a conference and say "I'm Naptu. I have a philosopher's degree in physics. Of course, you will get curious stares. Not because you're "wrong" but because you're VERBOSE to a degree that isn't even funny.

The other day, I read a newspaper article that began "Two Western Education is Bad (Boko Haram) members that were arrested by..." *sigh* I agree there's something to be said about style (that's my field after all), but if this is the style of Nigerian journalism, Nigerian journalism is VERBOSE.

No, FIFA is not referred to as "Federation ... " in very many places. They're just FIFA. Of course, you can call them by their original name if you're teaching primary four or writing on Wikipedia. My point is newsman's English doesn't work like that and journalists elsewhere don't. It's verbose.

grin grin grin

You see, this is very funny. The United Nations (UN), the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) all referred to FIFA as the Fédération Internationale de Football Association and it's all fine, but the Lagos State Government (LASG) refers to it by the same name and it's a problem?

JESUS CHRIST!

All these organisations are not Nigerians o! (Since you seem to have a problem with Nigerians).

You asked for examples and I've given you many. It's a matter of choice and they can do as they please.

Once again, here are the examples.

1) From the IOC https://www.asoif.com/member/f%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration-internationale-de-football-association

2) From the UN https://unece.org/united-nations-special-envoy-road-safety/meeting-representatives-federation-internationale-de

3) From the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/32994511

4) From IMDB

There are numerous other examples. Just say that you have a problem with it. That's fine. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Screenshots attached.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2021
Newton85:
I was shocked too bro. Everyone just like raising arguments where there should be none. It's very tiring.

I'm not even going to respond to them anymore. It's a waste of time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Ayoolamax: 7:13am On Sep 16, 2021
Judolisco:
Dem dey kidnap children everyday for North but na football matter and dubai concern our first lady... There is God oh... Dame patience Jonathan 2014
Baba all this ur lamentation will not solve the problem ,even if another president take over it will still be the same thing. So please let relax ourself and plan for a better future for ourself. Just leave aisha buhari and let God judge everyone including me and you. Ire ooooo

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by shigishege: 7:15am On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka:
wink
So this stadium that looks like a division 3 team's training ground in UK is the best Nigeria has to host a tourney of this calibre.
They even get mind invite Gianni Infantino, Just Negodu the disappointment on his face embarassed
I Shame for who no shame for Nigeria cry
Modified: For All Those Quoting Me Upandan
Below Is The Pictures Of One Of The Numerous Standard Stadiums in our brother South Africa, Located In Cape Town.
And We Are Supposed To Be The Giant Of Africa
cc Naptu2, Richdad1, computer0810, ppogbae
Shownus the one you have in your region children of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 7:16am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

grin grin grin

You see, this is very funny. The United Nations (UN), the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) all referred to FIFA as the Fédération Internationale de Football Association and it's all fine, but the Lagos State Government (LASG) refers to it by the same name and it's a problem?

JESUS CHRIST!

All these organisations are not Nigerians o! (Since you seem to have a problem with Nigerians).

You asked for examples and I've given you many. It's a matter of choice and they can do as they please.

1) From the IOC https://www.asoif.com/member/f%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration-internationale-de-football-association

2) From the UN https://unece.org/united-nations-special-envoy-road-safety/meeting-representatives-federation-internationale-de

4) From IMDB

There are numerous other examples. Just say that you have a problem with it. That's fine. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Screenshots attached.
No, I don't have a problem with LAGOS STATE referring to FIFA like that. I actually wrongly believed that was a news report by a media house - I'm sure you can surmise that from my initial post. The BBC page you cited was not a random news report - it's an article EXPAINING FIFA.

Everything else I've said.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

grin grin grin

JESUS CHRIST!

4) From IMDB

Screenshots attached.
No, I don't have a problem with LAGOS STATE referring to FIFA like that. I actually wrongly believed that was a news report by a media house - I'm sure you can surmise that from my initial post. The BBC page you cited was not a random news report - it's an article EXPAINING FIFA.

Everything else I've said.

@bolded. No. It's just verbose.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Mexyz(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Nigerian journalism is tiresome for its sheer verbosity. Who calls FIFA Fédération Internationale de Football Association ?!
That's their name Oga... That's the full meaning of FIFA.

Na oversabi dey make some of una dey disgrace unaself anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Newton85: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

I'm not even going to respond to them anymore. It's a waste of time.
Honestly, this should be one's principle towards these clowns. Even though I've always known the FIFA acronym to be French, this dude actually made me check up its meaning again! It was as if the meaning had changed overnight! And instead of admitting to being wrong, you'll see them stubbornly doubling down on their ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JordanMichael(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2021
When is Buhari's cup
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Nexton2468: 7:38am On Sep 16, 2021
Ppogbae:

There are no spectators allowed. The venue looks just fine. Why does it matter?

I just tire for the guy comparing Africa with Europe before Manchester City get owner nor be somewhere Dem start from...so becus Dem wan play Aisha buhari cup make Dem go build like totehamp stadium then e go later complain say na stadium government dey use money build human being join naija problem nor be only the politicians grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2021
Yoruba leaders are good!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by UKBobo(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2021
One empty stadium sef...

Good event goals -they should leave politics off the name of the tournament. You ever hear of Macron Cup?
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by JuanDeDios: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2021
I see naptu2 can reply to posts without reading them - in the service of the meaningful arguments we engage in here all the time.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by DJInfluence: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Am sure they must have paid or promised to pay him appearance fee grin
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:

People like me often criticise the NFF for not organising friendlies for the Super Falcons and for mismanaging the team. On two occasions the team has gone an entire year without playing a single match or even camping together, yet people will expect them to do well at the World Cup where they are competing against well prepared sides.

In response to the criticism, the NFF has started ensuring that the Falcons take part in competitions like the Cyprus Cup, the Turkish Cup and the US Summer Series. The NFF has also gone to look for sponsors in order to organise games for the Falcons at home.

The Falcons are going to play a Nations Cup qualifying series against Ghana later this year. CAF made a horrible decision which has resulted in two of Africa's best sides playing against each other in the qualifiers. This just might be the most difficult Nations Cup qualifying series that the Falcons have ever played. This games are therefore warm up games to prepare the Falcons for the series. It will be a horrible disaster if they fail to qualify.

In my view, the competition is already achieving its purpose. We have some stars that have performed very well for us in the past, but time is catching up on them. We had a really fantastic team in 2014 and 2016, but the NFF messed up by not organising any matches for the whole of 2017 and half of 2018. We missed the opportunity to enjoy the talents of some of those great players and to improve the image of Nigerian female football.

Yesterday's game shows that we now need to start thinking seriously about replacing some of those great players. We have some really good players coming into the team and we need to give them more opportunities to blend and to show what they can do.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by CoolAmbience(m): 9:17am On Sep 16, 2021
EmperorTolson:
Where is Aisha Buhari that the tournament was named after? She should be there na.

Perhaps, she'd grace the final.

She must not be at the preliminary matches.

You do not have the slightest idea what her schedules are like.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by EmperorTolson: 9:28am On Sep 16, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Perhaps, she'd grace the final.

She must not be at the preliminary matches.

You do not have the slightest idea what her schedules are like.
Then I guess you do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever / Lionel Messi Wins 2019 UEFA Champions League Forward Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.