Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup (25074 Views)

Banyana Banyana Defeat Super Falcons 4-2 To Lift The Aisha Buhari Cup In Lagos / Buhari Receives Gianni Infantino (FIFA President) In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka:
wink
So this stadium that looks like a division 3 team's training ground in UK is the best Nigeria has to host a tourney of this calibre.
They even get mind invite Gianni Infantino, Just Negodu the disappointment on his face embarassed
I Shame for who no shame for Nigeria cry
Modified: For All Those Quoting Me Upandan
Below Is The Pictures Of One Of The Numerous Standard Stadiums in our brother South Africa, Located In Cape Town.
And We Are Supposed To Be The Giant Of Africa
cc Naptu2, Richdad1, computer0810, ppogbae

Give it a rest already... This is a small tournament .and it's women football... women football in any part of the world doesn't get enough spectators, so it would be stupidity to host it in a big stadium...

Some of y'all really need to learn how to reason objectively ...
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka

These are the Abuja National Stadium, Godswill Akpabio Stadium and Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Nigeria.

The stadium in which the final of the Sasol Women's League was played in South Africa doesn't have stands on some of its sides. Some of the fields at which JVW, the winner of the Sasol League, played their matches do not even have stands.

It's like comparing apples and oranges.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka

Godswill Akpabio Stadium

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Younghacka(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2021
naptu2:
Younghacka

Godswill Akpabio Stadium
Boss Naptu2, I Get Your Point. . . You Are Trying To Be Patriotic, But. . .
Do You Really Want To Do This?
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by naptu2: 11:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka:

Boss Naptu2, I Get Your Point. . . You Are Trying To Be Patriotic, But. . .
Do You Really Want To Do This?

No, you don't get my point and this is not about patriotism. The point is that this is the type of stadium that is often used for women's football matches and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. That stadium is even better than Boreham Wood Stadium, where Arsenal Women play their homes games! You are trying to divert attention and compare men's football stadiums with women's football stadiums. There's nothing wrong in using Onikan Stadium for a women's football tournament.

I watch female football all the time. I watch the Liga Ibedrola, the Women's Super League, the Sasol League, the Joan Gamper Trophy, etc. There is nothing wrong with the Onikan Stadium.

Watch this. This is the Women's National Soccer League in the US. Francisca Ordega scored two goals and provided an assist for another. The stadium is not covered and does not even have stands on all its sides. This is the normal standard for women's football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCjnhhsHQXU

This is Arsenal vs Everton in the Women's Super League in England. Look at the stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaE1w5Mhyeg

Barcelona vs Juventus in the Joan Gamper Tournament at the Estadi Johan Cruyff in Barcelona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDBg5i4l9JM

SASOL League in South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWJ_rZopIks

England vs Italy (international friendly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1vlqPdCfP8

Except you are just trying to troll, which I suspect, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing the Aisha Buhari Cup at the Onikan Arena, full stop!

1) Boreham Wood

2) Onikan Stadium

Younghacka:
wink
So this stadium that looks like a division 3 team's training ground in UK is the best Nigeria has to host a tourney of this calibre.
They even get mind invite Gianni Infantino, Just Negodu the disappointment on his face embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by Pootle: 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
love this onikan stadium...would love to see most of our league clubs have a stadia like this not that track and field stadiums that makes an already boring game extra boring.
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by bong4(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
JuanDeDios:

Nigerian journalism is tiresome for its sheer verbosity. Who calls FIFA Fédération Internationale de Football Association ?!

Please give us the right meaning then
Re: Pictures Of Gianni Infantino And Babajide Sanwo-Olu At The Aisha Buhari Cup by kenzysmith: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
Younghacka:
wink
.h
Modified: For All Those Quoting Me Upandan
Below Is The Pictures Of One Of The Numerous Standard Stadiums in our brother South Africa, Located In Cape Town.
And We Are Supposed To Be The Giant Of Africa
cc Naptu2, Richdad1, computer0810, ppogbae
my broad I dey shame we keeping building campaign ground instead of stadium

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mbappe to leave on a free transfer, reach agreement with Real Madrid / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever / Under 1.5 And BTTS System. Winning Habit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.