Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe (13594 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Punch Story That Jonathan Will Submit APC Forms Today / Wike: Jonathan will automatically loose the support of the SS if he joins APC / Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Validated:
Only Yorubas will disagree with this plan. As for me, it is a good position to explore for two reasons:
1. To enable a restructured Nigeria using the 2014 CONFAB report
2. Implement the single term of 6 years presidency, starting with an extension of his tenure to 2029.
I am also suggesting that PDP adopt GEJ as their candidate as well. Nigeria needs an stabilising lrader of GEJ status. One thing I know is that the GEJ they kmew in 2010-2014 will be different from the GEJ of today.

Most Nigerians are so dumb to have failed to understand that Executives don't make laws, Legislators do.
We had more than 8 CONFABs and non was implemented, do u expect GEJ to become dictator and wear military uniform just to sign nonsense 2014 CONFAB?
GEJ will never change, he is good in person but a very weak and bad leader. He lacked strength to make good decisions, he can't be in charge because he is naturally born that way. You can't be Commissioner, Deputy Governor, Governor, VP and later a failed President and expect us to give him second chance. Should we be this backward, always subjecting our Nation under try by error?
Let us look out for competent people but the reflection of GEJ's failure is hurting, no excuse, he really failed deliberately and woefully.

No past President deserve to sense any party ticket again because they are all failures!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 16, 2021
Immatex:

This presents the North with a 'shortcut' back to power it does not deserve.

This is an open secret.

Those who want GEJ back are Northerners in the APC who see him as a meek and controllable simpleton who will not rock the boat too aggressively against them and must of course hand over power to them in 4 years thus denying the South it's possible 8 year slot

I already said this.

There's no guarantee power will return to the North after 4 years.

Be warned, the South is not myopic. They are not desperate like the North.

And yes they are better intelligent even though disunited.

If you have a problem with the South, kindly use the next available working transformer you see.

There is no sense of any intelligence in southern politics. South is very myopic and can't aim higher, always pulling themselves down.
I know the reason why many SE people don't like Tinubu; it isnt abt competence nor abt merit but ethno-religious bigotry because. All the candidates presented by SE to contest for Presidency can't be anything more than Ministers and Commissioners and are not as clean as Tinubu. You can't pretentiously accuse Tinubu of corruption when he was not found guilty of any.
North is the master of the game, look at what is happening now, PDP is giving it to the North and APC is likely going to field Tinubu or Osinbajo and tell me how intelligent u can be with this attitude, because anything can happen!
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by sokera: 10:38am On Sep 16, 2021
They will do anything to stop Tinubu but take it or leave it Tinubu 2023 is certain
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by saintrow1: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2021
I will advice Jonathan to resign from politics Nigeria is hopeless, they will destroy his reputation

The same north that gang up against him to have him out want him back just imagine those bastard
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Maobichek: 10:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Maxymilliano:
These crop of selfish politicians are just bent on tarnishing what was left of his reputation.

I hope he is wise enough to reject the Greek gifts and don't succumb to the likely pressure from his wife.

Good morning, I'm quite perturbed that APC of all parties will align herself with GEJ in any form. If I call this shamelessness, it's an understatement okay.

Nigerians have not forgotten in a hurry how APC told the whole world that GEJ is the reason for all misfortune before 2015 elections. Where is BAT, Akende, Lia Mohammed, Okorocha, Rotimi Amaechi, Adams Osho etc . Can't these ppl exercise their powers as the founders and owners of Apc.

Will Mannabbgrills and other APC stunt supporters campaign for GEJ if APC achieve their aim? To those who has been killing themselves over APC/PDP issue, I laugh at them because here these ppl consider their interest first and not party lining.

Let these be an eye oponner to those who always fight here on the basis of party, tribe and religion, thank you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Emyogalanya: 10:55am On Sep 16, 2021
They just want him to defect for bragging rights
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by caandi: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2021
Now everyone is missing Jonathan and wants him back. 1000 naira now is equal to 850 cfa. Una never chi chomchin . Next level things
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by AchalugoNwa(f): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2021
honestly these Apc people sabi play politics well.

I keep telling people that Apc are not planning on returning power back to the south.

They knew fielding GEJ will create division between South West and South East.
South West will insist on yoruba candidate
South East will insist on igbo presidency

at the end of the day Apc will be like
Shey we gave una a neutral southern candidate and you guys rejected him
so we'll give it to the north.

Apc will never risk a southern candidate when pdp is going north.
quote me anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by oskopy: 11:27am On Sep 16, 2021
all you lazy youths hope, is centered on contesting the seat of presidency, which can never be given to you again.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Trentee4eva: 11:42am On Sep 16, 2021
kcnwaigbo:
Congratulations to GEJ.@Seunng lets join hands together and support a southern president GEJ in the 2023 race
Lol, a SS or SE Presidential candidate is contrary to their own version of Southern Presidency. The Yorubas are the only qualified Southerners to lead Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Lokojatoofar: 11:42am On Sep 16, 2021
So they decide who contests and what party the person must belong to before he or she is allowed to contest? And Nigerians think they are in a democratic society grin grin grin.
Anyways, what's my own? I will just sit back and watch fish brained Negroes argue over which corrupt politician is more or less corrupt than the other in their banana shit hole republic. Meanwhile GEJ can be likened to a bleeding v@gina or a cumming p€nis. Not fit to be a leader as Fulanis will just use him to destroy whatever is left of Nigeria. The man is dumb and can't scheme like the alpha cats of Nigeria aka Fulanis
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Trentee4eva: 11:45am On Sep 16, 2021
Coronabirus:
There is no sense of any intelligence in southern politics. South is very myopic and can't aim higher, always pulling themselves down.
I know the reason why many SE people don't like Tinubu; it isnt abt competence nor abt merit but ethno-religious bigotry because. All the candidates presented by SE to contest for Presidency can't be anything more than Ministers and Commissioners and are not as clean as Tinubu. You can't pretentiously accuse Tinubu of corruption when he was not found guilty of any.
North is the master of the game, look at what is happening now, PDP is giving it to the North and APC is likely going to field Tinubu or Osinbajo and tell me how intelligent u can be with this attitude, because anything can happen!
Wow

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by tholhusomhie: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2021
In the words of Ayodele Fayose when he was governor "Like bat, i just dey look".
I hope GEJ will not fall for this trick to ruin his international respect.
If APC now realize he was a better president and want him back, cant dey support him as PDP candidate to win.
In it all, I advise GEJ neither to cross-carpet nor vie for position either in APC or PDP.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by victorazy(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
gabolak:
They want rubbish what left in his goodwill

They want to give him seat, give him a Housa/Fulani vice, then kill him and they will continue.

Is just a game.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Jonathan39: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
All this story after voting for Buhari in 2015 and Fashola shouting in 2019 "vote for Buhari so that presidency will return to SW" ? Una cry never start. Just wait small, sophisticated neighbors grin grin grin.
Grayoso:

Lol. You guys will always be a hundred years behind the SW in quickness of political thoughts and vision. We woke when your slumbering began.

You can see it is APC Southern leaders and Governors giving it to Buhari and Malami the hottest despite the fact they understand that their actions might impact negatively on Yorubas 2023 Presidential ambition.

When a men disregards and shows disdain for your blackmail then perhaps he no longer cares whether you do your worst or not.

Of course Yorubas want the 2023 Presidency but the actions of our APC Governors , who should ordinarily chill because of Yoruba 2023 ambition, should show you that Yorubas are now irrevocably committed to the development of the SW. Presidency or Not.

In short we are now determined to win either way. Yoruba leaders now see we can develop our region through subtle restructuring without a Yoruba being President.

Or we can gain the Presidency and reform the system to the benefit of all. We are good with either and slave to neither. It is uncompromising development we are now prioritising and placing above everything else.

Miyetti Allah, NYF and even Northern Governors have threatened and tried to bully SW Governors with the 2023 Presidency. Our leaders, all in the APC bar Makinde, say mba. Na development we want.

As an Igbo, go and worry more for your leaders who are still asleep and committed to selling out your generations unborn for their own private and selfish agenda.

Worst case, we do not produce the Presidency yet which Yoruba would care if the SW keeps developing? Are you blind to how the SW is the only region that is ready to fight the FG as one in an expanded VAT court battle? Developments like that show how Yorubas are thinking today.

We've woken up and will be good however things pan out. Something that can't be said for you Igbos and others.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Jonathan39: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Are you talking about Igbos agitating for separation from Nigeria? Stop crying and lamenting like a baby, time to cry never reach.
Grayoso:

Lol. You guys will always be a hundred years behind the SW in quickness of political thoughts and vision. We woke when your slumbering began.

You can see it is APC Southern leaders and Governors giving it to Buhari and Malami the hottest despite the fact they understand that their actions might impact negatively on Yorubas 2023 Presidential ambition.

When a men disregards and shows disdain for your blackmail then perhaps he no longer cares whether you do your worst or not.

Of course Yorubas want the 2023 Presidency but the actions of our APC Governors , who should ordinarily chill because of Yoruba 2023 ambition, should show you that Yorubas are now irrevocably committed to the development of the SW. Presidency or Not.

In short we are now determined to win either way. Yoruba leaders now see we can develop our region through subtle restructuring without a Yoruba being President.

Or we can gain the Presidency and reform the system to the benefit of all. We are good with either and slave to neither. It is uncompromising development we are now prioritising and placing above everything else.

Miyetti Allah, NYF and even Northern Governors have threatened and tried to bully SW Governors with the 2023 Presidency. Our leaders, all in the APC bar Makinde, say mba. Na development we want.

As an Igbo, go and worry more for your leaders who are still asleep and committed to selling out your generations unborn for their own private and selfish agenda.

Worst case, we do not produce the Presidency yet which Yoruba would care if the SW keeps developing? Are you blind to how the SW is the only region that is ready to fight the FG as one in an expanded VAT court battle? Developments like that show how Yorubas are thinking today.

We've woken up and will be good however things pan out. Something that can't be said for you Igbos and others.

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by kenzysmith: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. [s]GEJ was President for 5 years. In that time the entire world saw his limitations and near uselessness as a leader.

You are therefore paying Yorubas a complement with your talk . Of course we oppose the plan because we now know what GEJ is about to be sure he must never get anywhere near the Presidency again.

Those who want GEJ back are feudal and power-obsessed Northerners and ethnocentric, unambitious, myopic, self-delusional and sentimental Southerners.

The Yorubas are non of the above so your statement is just about correct. We are sane, progressives and dispassionately focused on the development of Nigeria above everything else.

We therefore reject a return of GEJ on that basis. Perhaps you can elect him President of Biafra or Ijaw Republic in future. Lol[/s].
I prefer is useless going some where to a progressive nowhere
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Abiboss: 12:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Morray:
Low key I hate APC but should Goodluck become their presidential flag bearer, I'm voting him.
them don use this one.. so you think APC the evil party will change during Gej tenure?
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by poiZon: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
Grayoso:

Lol. GEJ was President for 5 years. In that time the entire world saw his limitations and near uselessness as a leader.

You are therefore paying Yorubas a complement with your talk . Of course we oppose the plan because we now know what GEJ is about to be sure he must never get anywhere near the Presidency again.

Those who want GEJ back are feudal and power-obsessed Northerners and ethnocentric, unambitious, myopic, self-delusional and sentimental Southerners.

The Yorubas are non of the above so your statement is just about correct. We are sane, progressives and dispassionately focused on the development of Nigeria above everything else.

We therefore reject a return of GEJ on that basis. Perhaps you can elect him President of Biafra or Ijaw Republic in future. Lol.
The yorubas more feudal, power obsessed, ethnocentric, unambitious, myopic, self-Delusional and extremely sentimental... This can be seen how they all drummed support for a coup plotter, a failure, a dictator, someone who they all witnessed his first stint In office, a buhari that ruled by the gun, suspended every act of sanity and made the Nigerian state a joke in the face of the world leaders, this is the same man yorubas went n packaged to become the president with the hope he will die on seat like yaradua so the evil men can take over power. But God played them a fast one.
Stop thinking yorubas r something when in the actual sense they r treacherous and evil, i present to u one of ur sons FFK who is galivanting the entire space dancing naked to the beats of a yoruba drummer.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Abiboss: 12:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
poiZon:

The APC wants Gej more than GEJ eants APC, FACT!
Anyhow lets watch and see, if GEJ defects, he will be given automatic ticket, and i will vote for him.
Tinubu can go to pdp or apga. Cos if he go back to acn, he wont get votes outside lagos and osun.
Omo North are really master planner tbh, I can't believe we are still going to fall for this again chai. I like Jonathan but if joins APC he ain't getting my vote.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Trentee4eva: 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
Where are the Sai Barbarians?

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by poiZon: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Abiboss:

Omo North are really master planner tbh, I can't believe we are still going to fall for this again chai. I like Jonathan but if joins APC he ain't getting my vote.
I will rather vote jonathan than vote a tinubu or osinbajo or amaechi.
My madness get gear, once e enter express na die
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Coronabirus:

Most Nigerians are so dumb to have failed to understand that Executives don't make laws, Legislators do.
We had more than 8 CONFABs and non was implemented, do u expect GEJ to become dictator and wear military uniform just to sign nonsense 2014 CONFAB?
GEJ will never change, he is good in person but a very weak and bad leader. He lacked strength to make good decisions, he can't be in charge because he is naturally born that way. You can't be Commissioner, Deputy Governor, Governor, VP and later a failed President and expect us to give him second chance. Should we be this backward, always subjecting our Nation under try by error?
Let us look out for competent people but the reflection of GEJ's failure is hurting, no excuse, he really failed deliberately and woefully.

No past President deserve to sense any party ticket again because they are all failures!

Precisely. Only Nigerians who lack ambition and/or are ethnocentric will support the return of GEJ as President.

Till today, GEJ watched as his Bayelsa failed, to the extentit has now being declared one of the bankrupt States of Nigeria, when he should be a visionary father to Bayelsa personally mentoring her development.

When GEJ has been in the upper echelon of power, since becoming Governor of Bayelsa and then President of Nigeria for 5 years, the pathetic condition of his State is testimony to the fact that Jonathan is not a political leader even if he may be a decent person.

An ambitious electorate will never confuse both.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by duptie(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
awon oloribu gbogbo
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by eteba(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
You Udoedeghe, can't u contest for president?
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Moikiitos: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
We need something fresh, not anyone that has been or tested power before. Nigeria needs a vibrant and progressive thinker in power not recycled leaders. He has done his part, we have seen and tested. Though better than the current one we have now but not good enough; my opinion. :/

nairalandankrah:
https://punchng.com/2023-presidency-well-give-jonathan-chance-to-contest-apc/
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Danjikanbauchi: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
This Terrorists party is looking for a man with clean slate to represent their bloody stain party
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by offiahvictor(m): 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Now I understand what Buhari meant when he said "You cannot sit in Lagos and decide what happens in APC"

I feel for Tinubu, He's been used and dumped like a piece of shit .
don't feel for a made man rather feel for yourself. Tinubu is winning.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by themanderon: 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Northerners are looking for the shortest route back to power should this current mistake at aso rock expire in 2023. Supporting Jonathan is the shortest route as they will claim the south has taken their turn and bring in another leprous hand from the north to rule again. There are good brains in the north but somehow they have been supplying the nation with misfits who just want power for the sake of it.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by humility33(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
Grayoso:

Some of you ethnocentric Southerners are beyond redemption and the reason the South cannot brush aside Northern retrogression to begin forging ahead and according to our potentials and endowment.

Those who want GEJ back are Northerners in the APC who see him as a meek and controllable simpleton who will not rock the boat too aggressively against them and must of course hand over power to them in 4 years thus denying the South it's possible 8 year slot

This presents the North with a 'shortcut' back to power it does not deserve.

I just don't understand how some of you are so blinded by ethnocentric sentiments you cannot even note when your intelligence is being patronised openly by others who are looking to take advantage of you like a man telling all the lies in the world to get into a pretty girl's pant.

No one is returning to any "vomit". It is Northerners , knowing Southerners will always be ethno-religiously disunited, making their usual and brazenly machiavellian moves that ultimately always works against the progress and interest of myopic and ethnocentric Southerners like you.

So much words from a man that wants Tinubu as president
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
humility33:

So much words from a man that wants Tinubu as president

Lol. It can be Tinubu, Osinbajo or Fashola. I am not beholden to any single individual because all men, in so far as they can die, will always be replaceable.

For me the idea is that a progressive and independent-minded Southerner must be President in 2023.

Nigeria is only a few major 'tweaks' away from us all not needing 'strong men's like Buhari, Tinubu , Atiku etal in future. With these tweaks put in place, Nigerian politics in the future will change to be about ideas and innovations rather than iconic names, messiahs, saviours and 'heroes'.

Any leader likely to deliver these tweaks is who we should be looking for. To give you a clue, I will say the likes of Wike and Sanwo Olu have begun 'tweaking' at State level to the limit of autonomy their office allows.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Will Be Given A Chance To Contest If He Joins APC - Akpanudoedehe by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
offiahvictor:
don't feel for a made man rather feel for yourself. Tinubu is winning.

Don't mind simpletons like him always focused on people rather than ideas.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Supporters Raise Alarm Over Plot To Collapse Structure In Kwara / Impeachment Rally Against Jonathan Prevented By Police / Ado Adamu Bomboy To Leave PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.