Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) (57774 Views)

'Nigeria Will Stress you' - Davido's Faces On His American Vs Nigerian Passports / Kemi Olunloyo Advises Zlatan: Don't Discuss Your EFCC Case With Nigerian Media / Clash Of Date With Wizkid’s Show Can’t Affect Mine – Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by WizkidNews: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2021
American magazine 'VIBE' report:
The man that is taking Afrobeats around the world, comes to New York and sets the stage ablaze.

He left the Brooklyn crowd wanting for nothing in his effort of giving energy for three hours with his longtime sound selector, DJ Tunez. With Afrobeats becoming more and more of a dominant sound, Wizkid is currently embarked on his first full worldwide tour, hitting London as well. But the young king was focused on the show at hand with high energy and crowd engagement while they sang “Show Me The Money” word for word.

In a strong showing of his star power, Wizkid didn’t have any openers for his show. He did have an incredible list of celebrity guests that came to enjoy the night: Jidenna, Vic Mensa, King Promise, Paedae of R2Bees, Winnie Harlow, Swizz Beatz, Leomie Anderson, Joan Smalls, Nana Kwabena, KDDO (formally known as Kiddominant), LAX, and Tunji Balogun newly appointed CEO of Def Jam (responsible for Wizkid signing to RCA in 2016).

For the height of showmanship, the crowd lit their phones up during the performance of “Smile,” and the quick rendition of “Killing Me Softly”—which transitioned into “Blessed”—was epic. Starboy FC came out in full force with Nigerian flags waving high. Wiz rocked a slightly burnt rustic orange outfit styled by Karen Binns.
https://www.vibe.com/news/events/wizkid-brooklyn-tour-stop-1234628364/

Meanwhile sahara reporters report:
Wizkid's show flops because the crew members including his personal stylist and bodyguard are held down in Lagos over their inability to secure a date for an interview at the US Embassy.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/14/nigerian-music-star-wizkid%E2%80%99s-us-tour-flops-american-embassy-lagos-delays-visa-appointment

11 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by WizkidNews: 11:41am On Sep 16, 2021
Why are Nigerian media so backward?

385 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by deolurexy1(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
One said facts, the other made a sensational reporting.

311 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Dproperties: 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
May God help us all

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Commentor: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
No be Sahara reporters again?

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
grin omo is funny sha

11 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Kriely(m): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Bnkn

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by JimmyDarmody: 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
WizkidNews:
it is not easy to celebrate the success of another seeing you can hardly survive the next day in this economy. The jealousy in the atmosphere of Nigeria is so dense that even the president would not want you to do whatever his child cannot do If he had his way.

Trust me Nigerians are super talented and intelligent people but in this atmosphere they will never even realize it in the first place. I recall countless times I tried to sing to the hearing of my friends and they began to say things like you should just rap, you can't do afro beats. Like that's thesame me that the producer said I will be a big name with dedication.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by WizkidNews: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
JimmyDarmody:
it is not easy to celebrate the success of another seeing you can hardly survive the next day in this economy. The jealousy in the atmosphere of Nigeria is so dense that even the president would not want you to do whatever his child cannot do If he had his way.

Trust me Nigerians are super talented and intelligent people but in this atmosphere they will never even realize it in the first place. I recall countless times I tried to sing to the hearing of my friends and they began to say things like you should just rap, you can't do afro beats. Like that's thesame me that the producer said I will be a big name with dedication.
Nice words

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by EcheijaOne(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
��
If you're a student on any campus in Nigeria, I want to show you a way to sell your items faster and much easier.

You see we created this online marketplace for students on campus so we can easily sell our used items or even new items (for those of us into the business)

It is very easy to post an item for sale on the website, so you can visit www.percampus.com today and start selling right away.

��

4 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Haywhymido(m): 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
Don't blame SR too much, SR was a bit hard on Wizkid with that comment. SR could have put that statement in milder manner. Something like so so so hit a hitch as crew members so so so so. Nothing like Nigerian media hate wizkid, as long as it's the true, state it. The only problem is if it is not true.

10 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Ezmans: 8:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
WizkidNews:
bcs your country is backward too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Mrviktor(m): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
It was not a one day concert..

They has been 3 locations now if I'm not mistaken..

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by SarkinYarki: 10:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
Fact vs sensation ..I will go with fact

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Emilokoiyawon: 11:31pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wizkid concerts so far have been incredibly successful. Any1 that tells you otherwise is living in an upside world.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Bloomfrancs3: 11:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Abeg when is the 02 arena tour coming. cool
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by TheWolfen(m): 11:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ayo you made Nigerians proud. We love u

3 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by femi4: 5:36am On Sep 17, 2021
Both are correct. Sahara covers the local aspect of the news that surround the concert while the international magazine only focus on the concert

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by pauladonis(m): 6:18am On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:

Both headlines are optimized to get clicks.

It's not about backwardness.

Clicks and traffic is what makes money for the media, they don't care if they're telling you the truth or not.

American audience wouldn't care if it's not something new or refreshing like the next best thing in Afropop.

Here in Nigeria, nobody gives a flying frock what genre of music a celeb is singing, but you bet they'd click if the news is about how the celeb got embarrassed or disappointed.

It's the same thing with Messi and Ronaldo. Any news about Ronaldo is always reported negatively because his fans are easy to get clickbaited/triggered and his haters want to see him fail.
Messi gets positive reports because his fans are very agreeable and his haters get triggered easily.

In the end, it is what it is.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Oyiboman69: 7:50am On Sep 17, 2021
Nonsense... the scenarios are completely different. how will the American media report such situations when wizkid's flight got delayed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Naija and bad news, lol

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by lkillbrokehoes: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
What do you expect from a Nigerian blog? they are just so unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by yusluvad(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
America and Nigeria are miles apart. No doubt...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by TheRealOwner(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Covidodo: 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
Bigwiz
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by TheRealOwner(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2021
That's life for you

Anyway if you are a Unilag aspirant, there's good news for you.

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Amspecial: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2021
grin
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Sharpchoice3: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2021
. Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by fasho01(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2021
We are our own enemies

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by bestman09(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikorodu Bois Freestyle Like Davido / Daniella Okeke Flaunts Her Camel Toe In Yoga Pants (Photos) / Ned Nwoko Celebrates Regina Daniels On Her 19th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.