Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,162 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience (36523 Views)

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by kenzysmith: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
Coro they town no joke if una like make una no get sense
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by AutoChick4U(f): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Make d card no turn to passport sha
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Artzdanielsz(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

That's very good but abeg help us put bulb for that place they inject you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Villagemeat: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
NewDelhi:
Lab rat. I hope in future you won't be complaining of poor erection and low sperm count
Nna ehh....are u a medical doctor
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Produke(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
Congratulations on your successfully vaccination
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by AngelicBeing: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
grin

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by dalass(f): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lost of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.

Chai.... All of these on you alone

Sorry o
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by BigDawsNet: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
Congratulations

I'm not sure but I think it may get to a stage
You will have to get the jab or lose your job...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by AutoChick4U(f): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
Pregnant and nursing mothers are exempted sha
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
That's how I interviewed one guy who was looking sickly after having taken the vaccine. I had to discharge him after about 5 minutes make he no go slump for my front make them no arrest me begin ask wetin happen to am, 'what did you do to him' yadayadayada, I no get body for suffering abeg. The way he spoke that day sef ehn, I just dey pray for mind.

That your signature dey very easy o. grin grin grin
Beware of fraudsters. grin

6 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Prolific2018: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wao took mine yesterday at Abule nla health centre, Ebute meta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by FabulousAutos(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
I have been skeptical about the vaccine until when I contracted the virus about two months ago and was not allowed to return to work. Don't want the story that touch so I took the Modena jab two days ago. The only side effect I had were headache, fever and pain in my arm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by RosyIsBlessed: 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2021
I was sick for 2 weeks after the vaccine.

No effect after the 2nd dose .

Astrazenica
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Islie: 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Have been vaccinated but waiting for my second dose which is due but because AstraZeneca isn't available for now..... I haven't taken my second dose

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by abimic(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
My friends who took theirs and felt cold later made me shiver at some points, though they're all fine now. Should have my first jab this week.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Romanoff(f): 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
cocococo:
Now get ready for the side effects this night. I have had both doses. For the first dose especially, I had serious fever—over 39•C, headache, delirium and worst of all, severe body aches. But it subsides gradually over the next 2 days from the time of the injection. Congrats.

I know people who have even taken their second doses and there's no side effects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Nmezor(f): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmmmm,will I take it Still thinking. They are giving free vaccine on my street sef
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by juniorstar(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

Wow...so the Astra zeneca vaccine has finally landed...let me go and take my second jab...was scheduled on the 21st of last month only for me to be told the moderna vaccine was the one on ground so we were told to come back..but as na Niger we dey..no notification whatsoever. So I would go and check tomorrow morning. If its available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by SarkinYarki: 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2021
How many times will you take the vaccine you shill....how much are you being paid to keep posting this same script here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by PGKing1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
You claim to be a health care worker but yet don't question why is it that you Still have to take the vaccine even tho you've Already had covid I had Covid March of last year myself, so my question is Why the do I still have to get vaccinated if I've already had it and please don't say it's because of the variants that are out there, because that means that a person will have to take a separate vaccine for every variant out, which makes absolutely no sense at all #makeitmakesense....

Still your #1 Original BACKWOODS plug for the Real G's Dm

5 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Subonbon(m): 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
Eagle360:
Covid19 is real no doubt but this government that proclaim sudden love to the masses through covid19 vaccine is baffling me. They hid palliative but now vaccine is free undecided
i never even understand the sudden love for masses.. grin

4 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by SarkinYarki: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
juniorstar:

Wow...so the Astra zeneca vaccine has finally landed...let me go and take my second jab...was scheduled on the 21st of last month only for me to be told the moderna vaccine was the one on ground so we were told to come back..but as na Niger we dey..no notification whatsoever. So I would go and check tomorrow morning. If its available

cheesy cheesy what office do you and the OP work please? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by BigYash: 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2021
People get mind sha. Delta variant na specially for una.. Make una dey take am well well,dey waste away..
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by juniorstar(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
How does you arm feel?
Did u take the moderna type? I noticed ppl had severe tenderness in their arm for 2-3days

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Jerryherd: 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2021
PGKing1:
You claim to be a health care worker but yet don't question why is it that you Still have to take the vaccine even tho you've Already had covid I had Covid March of last year myself, so my question is Why the do I still have to get vaccinated if I've already had it and please don't say it's because of the variants that are out there, because that means that a person will have to take a separate vaccine for every variant out, which makes absolutely no sense at all #makeitmakesense....

Still your #1 Original BACKWOODS plug for the Real G's Dm

The fact that you had a car accident last month doesn't stop you from using seat belt in the future when you get discharged

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mom007(f): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
Enjoy poster! Same government that didnt think to share covid 19 palliatives, even where available but rather locked them up in warehouses until they went bad, but are providing easy access to questionable injections they call vaccine and you are here urging others to go take it just because you did.
Did you read anywhere that taking the vaccine STOPS you from catching covid19? What exactly is the basis for your pontification? Brother do you, as is your right as a free moral agent but leave others to make their own decisions after all, we will all live or die with the consequences.

6 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by chiiraq802(m): 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
DropsMic:
La take the injection la bend

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by juniorstar(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
SarkinYarki:

cheesy cheesy what office do you and the OP work please? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol...just a medical Dr.. I no be PR nor NCDC official and I no sabi op

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by joshuaidibia(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:
PICTURES OF YOU TAKING IT OR IDBT!

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

am glad you confirmed no one was there - it shows Nigerians are smarter!

Malaria that has been reeking havoc in Africa to date and no vaccines for it!

nansens paid influencers!

There's a malaria vaccine. The only approved vaccine as of 2021 is RTS, S, known by the brand name Mosquirix. It requires four injections, and has a relatively low efficacy.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by JONSYN7154: 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

I took mine long ago and no side effect.

Glad you took yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Merck Corona Tablet That Costs ₦400k (Video) / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.