Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,908 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience (36503 Views)

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Lydiahandmade(f): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
You guys should stop telling lies about covid-19, apart from, losing your sense of smell and taste there is nothing more to it, i had it sometime late last year, and i was given vit-c and malaria medicine. My best friend got it this month, she still on medication same symptoms with mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by xpressionx(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

You can believe what ever you want, you are entitled to it, even a stupid man is entitled to his stupidity.
You don't want COVID-19 vaccine but you took BCG, polio and measles vaccines, you use the internet you didn't discover, even the malaria drugs available were not discovered by Africans.

Who said Africans didn't have malaria drugs before the Europeans came?
What is agbo?
was it the Europeans that discovered it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by abiolag(m): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lost of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.
Which of the vaccine is better because I was giving Moderna too?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mom007(f): 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
PGKing1:
You claim to be a health care worker but yet don't question why is it that you Still have to take the vaccine even tho you've Already had covid I had Covid March of last year myself, so my question is Why the do I still have to get vaccinated if I've already had it and please don't say it's because of the variants that are out there, because that means that a person will have to take a separate vaccine for every variant out, which makes absolutely no sense at all #makeitmakesense....

Still your #1 Original BACKWOODS plug for the Real G's Dm
Don't mind them. A lot of folks shouting about these vaccines don't know what vaccines are nor do they know how vaccines operate! Those things are not vaccines. If they had called them medicines, they would have more credibility. If you had caught covid before, being that it is said to be a virus, your body is supposed to develop an autoimmunity to it and you wouldn't need the vaccine. Also, if you have not caught it before and you take the so called vaccine, you are supposed to be protected from catching it and getting seriously sick from it regardless of the exposure. This is not the case either as we see people who have taken the vaccine still falling sick and dying of covid so what's really going on?

5 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by chatinent: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2021
juniorstar:

Did u take the moderna type? I noticed ppl complained of severe tenderness in their arm for 2-3days

Yes, boss. The soreness no bi here.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by 00FFT00(m): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:
PICTURES OF YOU TAKING IT OR IDBT!

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

am glad you confirmed no one was there - it shows Nigerians are smarter!

Malaria that has been reeking havoc in Africa to date and no vaccines for it!

nansens paid influencers!

Europe and America do not have malaria problem because of a combination of factors:

1. Temperate Climate
2. The places are built with no open drainages that allows mosquitoe larvae to hatch.
3. They vehemently go against every suspected imported case. The patient is completely isolated and treated in special clinics.

You need to understand that there is no profit to be made in a malaria vaccine or there would have been a few way before now. The pharma industry is still a profit oriented business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by descartes400: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Jerryherd:

The fact that you had a car accident last month doesn't stop you from using seat belt in the future when you get discharged

If he had covid and had recovered from it, it then means he has anti-bodies providing him natural immunity which has been shown to be of higher percentage over the ones provided by the vaccines.

so why take the vaccine? its your choice though as the government should not have control over your body. health choices is a private and a personal decision between you and your physician!

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by PGKing1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mom007:

Don't mind them. A lot of folks shouting about these vaccines don't know what vaccines are nor do they know how vaccines operate! Those things are not vaccines. If they had called them medicines, they would have more credibility. If you had caught covid before, being that it is said to be a virus, your body is supposed to develop an autoimmunity to it and you wouldn't need the vaccine. Also, if you have not caught it before and you take the so called vaccine, you are supposed to be protected from catching it and getting seriously sick from it regardless of the exposure. This is not the case either as we see people who have taken the vaccine still falling sick and dying of covid so what's really going on?

Exactly! We All need to be asking more questions, instead of just taking it blindly, my fear is that they want to make the vaccine mandatory in order to travel lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
How does you arm feel?
My arm feels fine
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by ShoeShineGuy: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:
That's how I interviewed one guy who was looking sickly after having taken the vaccine. I had to discharge him after about 5 minutes make he no go slump for my front make them no arrest me begin ask wetin happen to am, 'what did you do to him' yadayadayada, I no get body for suffering abeg. The way he spoke that day sef ehn, I just dey pray for mind.

That your signature dey very easy o. grin grin grin
Beware of fraudsters. grin
It's not mine, it's the nurse's siggy, I forgot to cover it.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
O boy, you are on your own. cheesy

[s]
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by chatinent: 6:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

My arm feels fine

Holla me tomorrow morning with the update of how it feels.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by gentleguy1975: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Took mine two days ago and I experienced some some side effects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by IgOga(m): 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
You are now officially owned by the elites. I pray you won't develop blood clot. Welcome to a lifetime of covid jab/shot. Your 2nd dose, 3rd dose etc

5 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by kindredspirit(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:
PICTURES OF YOU TAKING IT OR IDBT!

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

am glad you confirmed no one was there - it shows Nigerians are smarter!

Malaria that has been reeking havoc in Africa to date and no vaccines for it!

nansens paid influencers!

Shocking stuff, the African man's sense of entitlement ! If not for the white man, our children would be crawling on their bellies like serpents because their limbs were rendered flaccid by Poliomyelitis. They have also come through with Measles, Small Pox, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, Whopping cough innoculations etc.

We depend on them to help us with food, medicine and money, yet we have the nerve to accuse them of something sinister.

They have just recently gifted Africa millions of treated Mosquito nets which is currently being distributed free of charge at Local Health Centers and door-to-door nationwide.

By the way, they have already developed a Vaccine for Malaria. I guess you didn't get the memo, so here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/worlds-first-malaria-vaccine-generates-remarkable-results/amp/

When the vaccines roll out, I bet you would still refuse taking the shots and cuss them out while you're at it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
abiolag:

Which of the vaccine is better because I was giving Moderna too?

Moderna from my research.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by yugoo: 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lost of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.
Bros, na only you and Covid-19 follow come?

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 6:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
dalass:

Chai.... All of these on you alone

Sorry o
Thanks. It's part of life. I have have my fair share.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
yugoo:
Bros, na only you and Covid-19 follow come?

My brother, I no no but covid19 no be play oo. It can change someone's life upside down.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Krismas(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

You can believe what ever you want, you are entitled to it, even a stupid man is entitled to his stupidity.
You don't want COVID-19 vaccine but you took BCG, polio and measles vaccines, you use the internet you didn't discover, even the malaria drugs available were not discovered by Africans.

coolAfricans have treatment for malaria mind u. Also Covid vaccine is not on the same wavelength with BCG Polio and Measles vaccine.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ephort: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2021
I took mine yesterday with no symptoms, only to wake up this morning with tiredness, minor aches and slight fever. These have subsided now.
I took the jab not because I was afraid of Covid-19 given my age, but to not intermediate and pass it on to the elderly ones around, especially those that have refused to get vaccinated, including my mum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by JGrace4me: 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
MY COLLEAGUE IN OFFICE WHO TOOK THE VACCINE DIED 4 DAYS LATER. HE WAS HYPERTENSIVE AND YET TOOK THE VACCINE. IT ENDED HIS LIFE LAST WEEK FRIDAY.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Elliot2(m): 6:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ancecoker:
shocked
Thanks brother..

With this I am gonna go get vaccinated
You want to turn into Bill Gate's software that would be needing boosters or upgrading every now and then.

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Mailthaddeus(m): 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

No mind them. I already had two doses of AstraZeneca. And I am perfectly okay. Vaccines have been with us for ages.
Ignorance has been the greatest killer than all the world diseases combined.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by efficiencie(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

Why are you begging people to take vaccine...if they want to take it they will take it and if they don't they won't. Your body, your choice. Abi is that no longer the moto of the times? If you have taken the vaccine, you are protected and should have no fear of contracting COVID from anyone, abi!?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by JGrace4me: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
MY COLLEAGUES IN OFFICE WHO TOOK THE VACCINE DIED 3 DAYS LATER. WE LOST HIM
LAST WEEK FRIDAY. HE WAS HYPERTENSIVE YET WENT AHEAD TO TAKE THE VACCINE. PLEASE,ALL SHOULD BE CAREFUL.

uote author=Dozis post=105876835]So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

[/quote]
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Elliot2(m): 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
kindredspirit:

Shocking stuff, the African man's sense of entitlement ! If not for the white man, our children would be crawling on their bellies like serpents because their limbs were rendered flaccid by Poliomyelitis. They have also come through with Measles, Small Pox, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, Whopping cough innoculations etc.

We depend on them to help us with food, medicine and money, yet we have the nerve to accuse them of something sinister.

They have just recently gifted Africa millions of treated Mosquito nets which is currently being distributed free of charge at Local Health Centers and door-to-door nationwide.

By the way, they have already developed a Vaccine for Malaria. I guess you didn't get the memo, so here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/worlds-first-malaria-vaccine-generates-remarkable-results/amp/

When the vaccines roll out, I bet you would still refuse taking the shots and cuss them out while you're at it.

The same Africans that were hot cakes during the slave trade because of their physical strength and immunity to diseases is what you think were dying of diseases. Lol. Thank God I was able to see the generation of people who never took any vaccines in their lifetime yet lived very long and were healthy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bluefilm: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:
[s]So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register hereAfter registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now[/s].

Crap. angry

Balderdash. lipsrsealed

Absolute nonsense. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by GreaterFuture(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:
Congratulations and welcome to the experimentation. I took moderna 28th of August. My second dose will be 28th of this month.
"Welcome to the experimentation"?
What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by AlphaMogul: 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

Well said! Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by FreeIgboho: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2021
atonement12 AKA fourelements come o. Your lunatic conspiracies are needed here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother And Son Test Positive For COVID-19 In Osun / Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched / 452 New COVID-19 Cases, 229 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 23 - (2538 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.