Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience (36519 Views)

My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / Akin Alabi: My COVID-19 Test Centre Awaiting Approval Of Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by EazyMoh(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2021
I am waiting for J&J.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bluefilm: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

Moderna from my research.

Moderna wants to MODERNize your RNA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Krismas(m): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
JGrace4me:
MY COLLEAGUES IN OFFICE WHO TOOK THE VACCINE DIED 3 DAYS LATER. WE LOST HIM
LAST WEEK FRIDAY. HE WAS HYPERTENSIVE YET WENT AHEAD TO TAKE THE VACCINE. PLEASE,ALL SHOULD BE CAREFUL.

uote author=Dozis post=105876835]So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

coolMY COLLEAGUES IN OFFICE WHO TOOK THE VACCINE DIED 3 DAYS LATER. WE LOST HIM
LAST WEEK FRIDAY. HE WAS HYPERTENSIVE YET WENT AHEAD TO TAKE THE VACCINE. PLEASE,ALL SHOULD BE CAREFUL.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by armyofone(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
Wait - but I have been hearing no COVID-19 in Nigeria.

Dozis:

That's cool, I was waiting for the vaccine to be available so that I can take mine.
Like I wrote, I had COVID-19 during that first wave and it wasn't funny, even during the lock down, I was going to work and somehow I contracted it, it is not what I would wish my worst enemy to have.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2021
bluefilm:

Moderna wants to MODERNize your RNA.

grin
It's a messenger RNA.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
GreaterFuture:

"Welcome to the experimentation"?
What do you mean by that?

I was just catching fun.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by malcom1X: 7:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
Even moderna says their Vaccine is not to be trusted that you'll need more boosters,

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-protection-wanes-makes-case-booster-2021-09-15/

now the question is how many boosters do you need to be fully vaccinated? 5,6,7,8?

If you need 4 booster Vaccines, for a virus that has 99% survival rate. Does that mean the Vaccines don't work?

The Israeli minister one of the most vaccinated country in the world said that those who have been double jabbed will be considered unvaccinated. They are in their 4th jab.

Am I the only one asking this questions?

If the inventor of mRNA vaccine says that all these restrictions on Covid Vaccines are scams what would you or anyone else think.

4 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Oiza131(f): 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2021
I took mine today too. They've been administering Modena at the center where I took it because my colleagues took there as well. Checked my card after taking it and discovered that I was given Astrazeneca... Though I've not felt anything strange in my body.
S
What's the difference between both vaccines? I would have preferred the Modena because most persons recommended it
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by malcom1X: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mailthaddeus:

No mind them. I already had two doses of AstraZeneca. And I am perfectly okay. Vaccines have been with us for ages.
Ignorance has been the greatest killer than all the world diseases combined.

Baba there's no long term data to prove that this Vaccines are okay, the best thing is to wait for a year and see the reactions among the vaccinated.

But the truth is you'll be needing boosters soon for upgrade. Or maybe you're going to blame the UNVACCINATED for your Vaccine not working properly

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
kindredspirit:

Shocking stuff, the African man's sense of entitlement ! If not for the white man, our children would be crawling on their bellies like serpents because their limbs were rendered flaccid by Poliomyelitis. They have also come through with Measles, Small Pox, Tetanus, Tuberculosis, Whopping cough innoculations etc.

We depend on them to help us with food, medicine and money, yet we have the nerve to accuse them of something sinister.

They have just recently gifted Africa millions of treated Mosquito nets which is currently being distributed free of charge at Local Health Centers and door-to-door nationwide.

By the way, they have already developed a Vaccine for Malaria. I guess you didn't get the memo, so here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/worlds-first-malaria-vaccine-generates-remarkable-results/amp/

When the vaccines roll out, I bet you would still refuse taking the shots and cuss them out while you're at it.

Bless you bro, I remember during my internship days, I discovered that ARV drugs are virtually free in government hospitals due to donations by Bill Gates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by malcom1X: 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oiza131:
I took mine today too. They've been administering Modena at the center where I took it because my colleagues took there as well. Checked my card after taking it and discovered that I was given Astrazeneca... Though I've not felt anything strange in my body.
S
What's the difference between both vaccines? I would have preferred the Modena because most persons recommended it

Moderna says you shouldn't trust their Vaccines in fact they said this yesterday.

Read here

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-protection-wanes-makes-case-booster-2021-09-15/

AstraZenica is not to be trusted due to blood clots.

There no long term data to prove that the vaccine works.

If you die they, the manufacturer are exempted from getting sued.

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oiza131:
S
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
I recommend that you read this
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by komodapson(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Point of correction. You weren't given Astrazeneca, it was Modena that is being given.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by femi4: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:
PICTURES OF YOU TAKING IT OR IDBT!

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

am glad you confirmed no one was there - it shows Nigerians are smarter!

Malaria that has been reeking havoc in Africa to date and no vaccines for it!

nansens paid influencers!
High level of ignorance at display.

Malaria isn't virus based, it has a cure.

You use vaccine for virus based diseases

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by do4luv14(m): 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:

You can believe what ever you want, you are entitled to it, even a stupid man is entitled to his stupidity.
You don't want COVID-19 vaccine but you took BCG, polio and measles vaccines, you use the internet you didn't discover, even the malaria drugs available were not discovered by Africans.

good for you, a jab that had been suspended,

just wait when your system start to fry you will know
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Ghostrye: 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Dozis:
So today I took the first jab of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and here's my experience.

I registered today and I still took the vaccine today, the registration was so simple, easy and seamless, you can register here https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

After registration, you will receive a message indicating the vaccination time, date and centre.
Luckily for me, the vaccination centre is very close to where I work, on getting there, there was no crowd, as a matter of fact I was the only one coming to take the vaccine as at that time, so I walked up to a nurse and made enquiries, she directed me to the people in charge, they asked wether I've registered I answered in affirmative, they checked my name in their system and confirmed my registration, after the manual registration, I was shown the health worker in charge of the vaccination, the woman was just nice and straight to the point, I received the vaccine and was asked to sit for 10-15 minutes so that they can observe me for side effects and there was none, though I wasn't expecting any and till now, till now I feel nothing but just the initial needle pain and I know some people that took theirs 6 months ago and they are all fine.

I am scheduled to take the next jab by 28th of next month.

I am a front line health worker and during that first wave and lock down I contracted COVID-19 and the experience was not funny, so I don't want to take chances, I don't want to have the feeling again.

To the naysayers, COVID-19 is real and the vaccines are safe and accessible, please go and take yours now.

what was the name of the vaccine you took
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by cescky(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lost of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.

When you had it the second time.. Was it as harsh as the first or your system combated it better
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by bareal(m): 7:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Elliot2:
The same Africans that were hot cakes during the slave trade because of their physical strength and immunity to diseases is what you think were dying of diseases. Lol. Thank God I was able to see the generation of people who never took any vaccines in their lives time yet lived very long and were healthy.

My grandfather and grandmother, both lived over a hundred years before returning to factory. My dad is now 85. They never took any vaccine.

2 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by rottennaija(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
cescky:

When you had it the second time.. Was it as harsh as the first or your system combated it better

It was not. Not even compared. Besides, over the last 1 year I had understood a lot about the pathogen and its mechanisms of action. I had vit d,zn,vit c, ivermectin, asprin close by. So I didn't give it the opportunity it had last year when I knew nothing and I had been taking ivermectin as a prophylaxis.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by iknopro(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
I took mine on Tuesday and up till now I still feel serious headache and fever and the pain in my hand where I receive the vaccine no be here. Although I heard is just normal, did anybody experience that too?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by cescky(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

It was not. Not even compared. Besides, over the last 1 year I had understood a lot about the pathogen and its mechanisms of action. I had vit d,zn,vit c, ivermectin, asprin close by. So I didn't give it the opportunity it had last year when I knew nothing and I had been taking ivermectin as a prophylaxis.

Nice grin

Without saying much.. Your experience is similar to mine

Ive stocked up on vit, c, d, zinc, melatonin,, naicin, ivermectin..

Not vaccinated.. Ill wait a couple of years, lol, anyways they say once you recover you have stronger immunity against it than the vaccine.

For preventive purposes whats your dosage of ivermectin.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Delphi(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

My story is similar. I contacted covid19 in the first wave around April. I suffered almost everything someone would suffer, except for dying. I had throat problems, shortness of breath, 3 times I had sudden inability to breath, blood cloth.

I later developed long covid syndrome (what they call long haul or long covid). I suffered from it till this year. It's been a horrible journey with lost of money spent. I still have reduced exercise ability and post exertion malaise.

I had wanted to take the vaccine but wasn't sure of how it would impact my long haul syndrome. Some people experience relief, other had worse situations after the vaccine. I was in a dilemma.

So when I contact covid19 again this August and from all my experiences, it seems to correct a greater part of my long haul syndrome, i decided it was time for the vaccine and was fortunate it was moderna they offered and I became a Guinea pig.

Please, does one has choice of vaccine to take? Or are the various types distributed among states?.
How can one know vaccination centres offering which type of vaccine?. Regards.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Lightway: 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
FabulousAutos:
I have been skeptical about the vaccine until when I contracted the virus about two months ago and was not allowed to return to work. Don't want the story that touch so I took the Modena jab two days ago. The only side effect I had were headache, fever and pain in my arm.
Which state
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ghostrye:

what was the name of the vaccine you took
I stated it in the post, AstraZeneca
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by sonymax16(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mom007:
Enjoy poster! Same government that didnt think to share covid 19 palliatives, even where available but rather locked them up in warehouses until they went bad, but are providing easy access to questionable injections they call vaccine and you are here urging others to go take it just because you did.
Did you read anywhere that taking the vaccine STOPS you from catching covid19? What exactly is the basis for your pontification? Brother do you, as is your right as a free moral agent but leave others to make their own decisions after all, we will all live or die with the consequences.
Don't mind them......taking a vaccine as if it will protect them.The OP and others that are vaccinated are proud to be used as guinea pigs for an experimental vaccine that no one knows the long term effect.Sense is actually not common.For those vaccinated,prepare for severe complications in the future.

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by sonymax16(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
For those that have taken the so called vaccine,u are no longer a human being genetically.This mRna vaccine is a gene therapy that alter ur gene.....u become genetically modified and u now belong to someone else......ur life will never remain the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Bankowner: 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2021
I am surprised at the attitude of some people as it relates to their life and safety. I posted on a thread that I took the vaccine two days ago. It is up to you, I hope you take the vaccine before it gets to that time when it’ll be very difficult for you.

It’s also up to you to think I am a paid influencer, I am not. Taking the vaccine is a choice, I hope you make the right one. You can check my comments to see my post. My vaccination card was attached and is also attached here.

@dozis
obiekunie01:

pls let me know when all your relatives and next OF kin have taken theirs then i can go for mine!

1 Like

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Lightorder: 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2021
obiekunie01:

Don’t mind him. You took nonsense jab. You are not ashamed of yourself coming here to glorify nonsense. If you took it go to your house and stop disturbing us. Some Africans and their follow follow mentality . Many of those leaders asking you to take it have not taken it in Enerst. Get out! I am just very angry

3 Likes

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by abiolag(m): 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
rottennaija:

Moderna from my research.
OK. Would I also get same Moderna for the second dose or anyone available in the hospital?
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Dozis: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
komodapson:
Point of correction. You weren't given Astrazeneca, it was Modena that is being given.
So you know better than the person that administers the vaccine or me that read the what was written on the container.
Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by Bankowner: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2021
What brand of vaccine were you given? I got Astra Zeneca two days ago and I feel perfectly fine. Just the normal ache at the needle point but not unbearable. My mom, sister and her husband got Moderna and they complained of the same side effects as you.

iknopro:
I took mine on Tuesday and up till now I still feel serious headache and fever and the pain in my hand where I receive the vaccine no be here. Although I heard is just normal, did anybody experience that too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience by nnennachiji(f): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
I took Moderna last month. I am going for my second dose today at CVS. I and my husband will be fully vaccinated, just worried about my 2 year old son but he uses masks whenever we go out. We are in Texas where misinformation reigns and unvaccinated people are dying from it.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Merck Corona Tablet That Costs ₦400k (Video) / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful? / Soldiers Rescue Woman From Committing Suicide In Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.