Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

The Confusion Called "Nigeria". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Confusion Called "Nigeria". (141 Views)

Russia Vs Ukraine: The Confusion Of Tinubu Urchins / "Is Abia State The Reason Trump Called Nigeria A Shithole"- Facebook User(PICS) / The Contraption Called Nigeria By FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Confusion Called "Nigeria". by tujays(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Growing up In Kaduna, I never Knew Nigeria was this Divided until the introduction of the Internet and social Media where I began to see very disparaging Comments from Mostly people of the Southern parts of Nigeria on their views about The North. back then this name tag "Northerner" and "Southerner" didn't exist. As someone from the minority and a Christian, I grew up with mostly people from different parts of Nigeria. As a matter of fact I grew up with mostly people from the South living in Kaduna, Went to school with them and all my best friends, good memories are with different tribes from the south. I attended Catholic school in my Primary days and mission school In my secondary days. I have never had a Hausa or a Muslim friend all my life.. My biggest shock presently is how I read disparaging comments from mainly folks from the south against the northerners.. most of those accusations about the North are false from the part I grew up. yea, there are some happenings in the core north but it's been exaggerated by the media and southerners. I just don't know where all these hatred is coming from. and to crown it all up they think everyone In the North is Hausa/Fulani (what ignorance) Many southern folks started their career In the North and were/are blessed bountifully but never gives the North the credit it deserves. presently they generalize hisbah alcoholic ban In kano by attributing such actions to the North. In Kaduna where I came from, It's home to one of the Biggest Nigerian Breweries.. The Southern Kaduna people where I am from and the vast southerners living amongst us are alcohol guzzlers. Bars and clubs Everywhere, Churches In every corner of Kaduna state. Jos is also home to many breweries and churches, and many other states in the North. So this narratives and generalization about some happenings In the core North Is pure silly. you generalize us as Northerners when you want to trash talk the North and call Us middle belt when general population is being counted or when you want to make the Hausas feel they are the minor. what sought of hypocrisy is that? The main reason why Nigeria can Never disintegrate is that majority of the Southerners don't realize that Nigeria is bigger than Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. That is the reason why anyone who starts agitation by underestimating our vast ethnicities fails woefully in achieving that aim. Study the Nigeria map well, Travel to various parts of Nigeria and get the real picture of the entity called Nigeria before displaying your ignorance on social media spaces. Thank You!
Re: The Confusion Called "Nigeria". by Mastakija(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2021
grin

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Among The Staffs Of Port Harcourt Disco Company. / Forget The Daft "Fulani Herdsmen" Narrative / Zoning: PDP Dead Forever If It Allows 2023 Presidency To North – Ohananeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.