Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night (43709 Views)

Austria: Man Finds Snake In His Toilet After It Kept Flushing Itself At Night / Big Snake Terrorizing Kirikiri Residents At Night In Lagos Finally Killed.Photos / "The Snake That Swallowed N36M": Man And Policeman Pose With Big Python (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by pixypixs(m): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
hybrid11:
yes and not cobra
Rattle snakes rattles they don't cluck
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Proffdada: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2021
RazorEdge:

It is called crowing Crested snake
Those are fabled creatures as no one has ever seen any just word of the mouth
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Xandelle: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
teamb:

Oga thrs no rattle snake in this part of the world

Say only things you know

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by BigYash: 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
luminouz:

You didn't keep the carcass or even take pictures of it? You'd be a consultant to some museums around the world,earning cool money lipsrsealed

Kai...Una dey waste opportunities sha
They don't value such here bro..
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by SonofGod231: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
BigYash:
There is a snake like that.. It has red stuff just like a rooster on its head.. The one I saw then was very big,even though it was dead,fear still catch me o
What the fvck are you people even saying here?
A snake with the head of a rooster.
Hope it has wings and feathers also?

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2021
Proffdada:
Those are fabled creatures as no one has ever seen any just word of the mouth
My grandmother saw one when she was young.

They are very real.

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Cousin9999: 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
This whole thread. lol
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
SonofGod231:

Hope it has wings and feathers too?
I'm very serious Sir. My grandmother saw one. They are big and black...crows like roosters. She described to me and as young as I was, I never forgot two things: the awe and fear on her face as she recounted it.

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
Cousin9999:
This whole thread. lol
Cmon...not everything is a lie na grin

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
BigYash:
They don't value such here bro..
True that... Make OP reply me jare...

I need locations
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by SonofGod231: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2021
luminouz:

I'm very serious Sir. My grandmother saw one. They are big and black...crows like roosters. She described to me and as young as I was, I never forgot two things: the awe and fear on her face as she recounted it.
By now you should have known old folks and their stories of old are mostly myths and legends,Fabu . Abi your grandmother no also tell you about the python with diamond eyes?
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
SonofGod231:

By now you should have known old folks and their stories of old are mostly myths and legends,Fabu . Abi your grandmother no also tell you about the python with diamond eyes?
She has no reason to lie to me. She never Said anything about a diamond eyed python.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by BigYash: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
luminouz:

True that... Make OP reply me jare...

I need locations
grin
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Zhirinovsky: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
In the village. I wanted to take a piss and saw this cock head raised in the bush staring rigidly at me. (it was weird because there was no rooster body, only the head). It never moved, I became scared how can a cock be this static? I continued staring while it stared back, it got weird I became scared (thought it was a spirit) and started moving backwards towards the road. Picked a stone and threw in its direction and it finally moved. Lo and behold!! A snake!! A big snake.
I tell you, the head is 100% the head of a cock. Many never believed my story cos I was a teen then. My mother confirmed the existence though. They say its venom kills instantly! I thank God many people have also encountered it.
luminouz:

Yeah...the venom is almost always instantly fatal.

Where did you see yours?

6 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by BigYash: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
SonofGod231:

Hope it has wings and feathers also?
But not,its not exactly like a head of a rooster,but it has a little comb like that of a rooster..
Something like that below...

1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by tunary(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
philo04:
I caught one at my poultry farm one night ....I felt strange how can my layers be crowling so I picked my touch light lo and behold I saw a large snake with chicken headlike eating my poultry eggs ....oh...nah so I borrow leg o...
LMAO hahaha You are very funny. You can't even rescue your chickens from danger

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Zhirinovsky:
In the village. I wanted to take a piss and saw this cock head raised in the bush staring rigidly at me. It never moved, I became scared how can a cock be this static? I continued staring while it stared back, it got weird I became scared (thought it was a spirit) and started moving backwards towards the road. Picked a stone and threw in its direction and it finally moved. Lo and behold!! A snake!! A big snake.
I tell you, the head is 100% the head of a cock. Many never believed my story cos I was a teen then. My mother confirmed the existence though. They say its venom kills instantly! I thank God many people have also encountered it.

Is your village in the East?

My grandmother saw hers in the West.

No museum or zoo in the world has this snake in their archives...imagine the attention and opportunities, finding one,with proof, will get you.

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by YouAreNotAlonE: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
illicit:

It wouldn't move too far from where it ate it

It has always been used to kill snakes

But usually you can insert a blade or pins inside the cooked egg for better effect

leave am boss. him no understand. what makes snake not able to digest boiled egg is that for snake to digest raw egg it slaps it belly on the ground to break the egg (just like how larger snakes squeeze their meal so as to break the bones before ingesting).

so as it slaps its belly against the ground in order to break the boiled eggs to ingest. It injures it self, because it keeps slapping it belly on the ground, until it injures itself. Thereby rendering it immobile

9 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by hybrid11(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
teamb:

Oga thrs no rattle snake in this part of the world
lol
Which part the world are talking about?
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by hybrid11(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2021
pixypixs:
Rattle snakes rattles they don't cluck
oh you think so
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by iKingsley(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
pek:
Google King cobra.
king cobra dey Nigeria, not hearsay

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Zhirinovsky: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
I know a bush where you can find one. Just go searching on a very sunny afternoon.

But I wish you the best of luck, Cos you gon need it.
luminouz:

Is your village in the East?

My grandmother saw hers in the West.

No museum or zoo in the world has this snake in their archives...imagine the attention and opportunities, finding one,with proof, will get you.

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by dragunov: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
hybrid11:
yes and not cobra

A rattle snake makes a rattling sound oga.
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by luminouz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
Zhirinovsky:
I know a bush where you can find one. Just go searching on a very sunny afternoon.

But I wish you the best of luck, Cos you gon need it.

Where na? I need a location.
Should I send you a PM?
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by dragunov: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2021
philo04:
I caught one at my poultry farm one night ....I felt strange how can my layers be crowling so I picked my touch light lo and behold I saw a large snake with chicken headlike eating my poultry eggs ....oh...nah so I borrow leg o...

Coward. You left your eggs, your business because of that? You no fit kee it?

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Zhirinovsky: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sure!
luminouz:

Should I send you a PM?
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by tianshie(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
WE get one for Aso Rock: Crowing Crested Cowhari. E dey swallow Yoruba and Igbo. And yesterday e swallow one Yoruba man, FFK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Dminister(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
Lol, it's a crown crested cobra, It is always very matured and long. I saw it one time on the way coming back from site.

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by ifud(m): 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mrlouis:
YES YES, YOU HAVE UNMISTAKABLY ENCOUNTERED THE CROWN CRESTED COBRA. ITS HEAD LOOKS LIKE THAT OF A ROOSTER grin AND CRAFTILY LURES SMALL RODENTS AND EVEN CHICKENS BY MIMICKING ONE THEN SWALLOWS ITS VICTIMS WHOLE. OUR NATIVE PARENTS KNOW THE SNAKE TOO WELL

BEST BE CAREFUL grin grin
You are right...

2 Likes

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Zhirinovsky: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
You really have the time going back and forth with a child who lacks sound reasoning.
luminouz:

She has no reason to lie to me. She never Said anything about a diamond eyed python.

1 Like

Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Waffarianman(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
Its a skink. Its like a lizard like, is the one making noise like rooster in the night mostly in the village
Re: The Animal Or Snake That Sounds Like A Rooster At Night by Rockyfancino(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
luminouz:

Should I send you a PM?
I'm interested too. If you wanna go catch it, let's do it. How recently have you seen it or heard it's sounds?
Zhirinovsky:
Sure!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) / Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space / Lion Escapes From Cage At Jos Wildlife Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.