Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

What Platform Do You Use To Invest In Foreign Stock Market? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Platform Do You Use To Invest In Foreign Stock Market? (209 Views)

Abuja Overtakes Lagos In Foreign Capital Inflows / Buhari's Declaration for Second Term Crashes Stock Market to 3 month low / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Platform Do You Use To Invest In Foreign Stock Market? by jasharon11(f): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2021
Buying company shares/stocks and reaping dividends has always fascinated me since I began reading OandO company reports magazine as a little girl.

My major interest was in reaping the benefits. With time and everything moving to internet, I stopped seeing such magazines and completely forgot about it.

Around March 2020, a friend posted about 4 investment apps that gives Nigerians access to acquire foreign stocks, she posted about them using their logos.

I had never heard of or seen the logos so I couldn't guess the names as required by her post.

I kept checking the post for comments until someone replied with the names of the 4 apps.
Trove, C****, B***** and R*******.

My curiosity was piqued and having been looking for avenues for buying stocks of companies outside Nigeria, I jumped on this one.

During the first lock-down in April 2020, I downloaded all 4 apps and started testing all of them.

I actually felt comfortable using the Trove app and transaction cost per trade was affordable, so I sold all remaining stocks in other apps and stayed with Trove.

Trading stocks has taught me valuable lessons about patience and due diligence.

I have incurred major losses, I have incurred interesting gains.

Surprisingly, I got a call from a delivery guy sometime in July, seeking to confirm my address for a package in my name.

I didn't order for anything, so I just confirmed delivery address and forgot about it. I collected the package from the person who received it on my behalf and the picture below shows up.

A polo, biro, notebook, mug, 16GB Flash drive, all Trove branded with a thank you note.

Trove Finance, oshe. Thank you for the gifts.

©The Entrepreneurial Architect.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Sombody To Invest In My Skill Aqusation Training / Why You Should Invest In Ethiopia - Fastest Growing Economy In Africa / I Want To Buy Tron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.