Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Tall People Thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tall People Thread (7060 Views)

Vanuatu Tribe; Where Boys Are Forced To Jump Off Tall Towers To Prove Their Stre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tall People Thread by ATMC(f): 3:46am On Sep 17, 2021
Tall humans, share your experiences. I mean the VTPs, the very tall people, ok.

Do you get wierded out when you are 6ft plus, and find yourself standing close to someone a full head taller or shoulders taller than you?

How do you feel when you stand in a queue and all you see is people's hair?

I noticed that most tall people slouch. Is it because they had to bend to look at people or it's a default setting? And does your neck pain you when you had to look down on people more than you look up to them? grin

Have you ever envied people that are at eye level with everyone? I mean the 5'7s.

What's your first reaction when you meet people that are significantly shorter than you?

Are you among the 3000 people world over that are 7 ft tall?

Do you feel challenged when someone taller enters the room?
Re: Tall People Thread by suffering: 8:12am On Sep 17, 2021
All these jambite threads, sha.
Re: Tall People Thread by theInterpreter: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
suffering:
All these jambite threads, sha.
the op has been on Nairaland for about 10 years

Just to let you know

3 Likes

Re: Tall People Thread by ATMC(f): 2:32am On Sep 18, 2021
I was thinking we could have a based and wholesome discussion on here, but it seems most nairalanders do not engage in discussions, they would rather engage in fights.

Or maybe there are no tall people here.

3 Likes

Re: Tall People Thread by Originalsly: 3:34am On Sep 19, 2021
I'm on the tall side.... blessed with a height of 6'3". I'm proud of my God given height ... walk erect and slouchet not for the unblessed! Never envy the shorties ... why should I? ... why would I want to deny myself a clear view of the surroundings and beyond?... or to be begging people to reach stuff on the upper shelves at the supermarket? ... or when walking with my babe be unable to ehmmm..... freely admire other babes without mine noticing?... the advantages are wayyy too much. In fact ... I often wonder how shorter people manage at the over crowded ground level. The ones significantly shorter.... I simply believe they are courageous and determined to make the best in life. On taller persons.... just a few I met and had to be close to. I felt somehow! The worseeeeeeeest was a babe .... we chatted online.. phone ... but never met until a hangout day was set. She said she was tall .... in fact .. taller than I. Impossible I told her but when we met... I never ever knew I can be intimidated by height! ... and she had to rub it in by sticking closer to me the more I tried to make some space between us. To make matters worse... it seems like all the dwarfy people were staring at us and smiling and I can tell in their minds they were all saying wow!..? he is tall but she is much taller... I wonder how he feels? It was embarrassing.... the most embarrassing day of my life. ... but with dem legggggs without end? ... to hell with embarrassment!

2 Likes

Re: Tall People Thread by ATMC(f): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2021
Originalsly:
I'm on the tall side.... blessed with a height of 6'3". I'm proud of my God given height ... walk erect and slouchet not for the unblessed! Never envy the shorties ... why should I? ... why would I want to deny myself a clear view of the surroundings and beyond?... or to be begging people to reach stuff on the upper shelves at the supermarket? ... or when walking with my babe be unable to ehmmm..... freely admire other babes without mine noticing?... the advantages are wayyy too much. In fact ... I often wonder how shorter people manage at the over crowded ground level. The ones significantly shorter.... I simply believe they are courageous and determined to make the best in life. On taller persons.... just a few I met and had to be close to. I felt somehow! The worseeeeeeeest was a babe .... we chatted online.. phone ... but never met until a hangout day was set. She said she was tall .... in fact .. taller than I. Impossible I told her but when we met... I never ever knew I can be intimidated by height! ...[b]and she had to rub it in by sticking closer to me the more I tried to make some space between us[\b] To make matters worse... it seems like all the dwarfy people were staring at us and smiling and I can tell in their minds they were all saying wow!..? he is tall but she is much taller... I wonder how he feels? It was embarrassing.... the most embarrassing day of my life. ... but with dem legggggs without end? ... to hell with embarrassment!

You made my day! Lol! @the overcrowded ground level and the bolded. grin

But you know the very short ones will certainly grab a thing on the floor before you, so that's an advantage there!

1 Like

Re: Tall People Thread by Originalsly: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
ATMC:

But you know the very short ones will certainly grab a thing on the floor before you, so that's an advantage there!

Grab stuff on the floor before me? Hmmmmmm...... now what is it I will want to grab from the floor period?.... hmmmmm...... floor cloth?....hmmmm.... you got me on this one! ... they can take their time and grab!

1 Like

Re: Tall People Thread by Abohboy: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2021
I'm currently 5'11 I had a massive growth spurt from 5'7 and all I can say is being taller is way better in this current social era if you're short no girl will look your way so personally i'm trying to be 6'1 but if I don't reach there i'll just have to hope that the people around me are short so I can look taller.
Re: Tall People Thread by ATMC(f): 5:08am On Sep 25, 2021
Abohboy:
I'm currently 5'11 I had a massive growth spurt from 5'7 and all I can say is being taller is way better in this current social era if you're short no girl will look your way so personally i'm trying to be 6'1 but if I don't reach there i'll just have to hope that the people around me are short so I can look taller.
grin grin
Height is attractive, yes, but not more attractive than wealth and brilliance.

By the way, 5'7 to 5'11 is unbelievably terrific.
Re: Tall People Thread by Abohboy: 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
ATMC:

grin grin
Height is attractive, yes, but not more attractive than wealth and brilliance.

By the way, 5'7 to 5'11 is unbelievably terrific.

For some they want both being wealthy and brilliant isn't enough wiithout some height with it

I feel like that growth is my maximum and being 5'11 and not 6'0 feels like an insult
Re: Tall People Thread by Fescoblack(m): 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2021
Are your pictures too tall to be upload?

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Ikwerre Names And Meaning / Some Fulani Names And Their Meanings / The Marvelous And Beautiful Cultures Of Ghana Aka Kente Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.