|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,774,911 members, 6,609,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 November 2021 at 09:55 AM
|Can You Wash The Best Orthopedic Pillow? by clarkhannah785: 6:04am On Sep 17|
The best orthopedic pillow can be different for all related to the choice, preferences, and most importantly, the body structure of individuals. Human anatomy has to play a crucial role when determining the best orthopedic pillow for anyone. So we cannot say which pillow is the best, but what we can do is, here we can take the most favorite and critically acclaimed pillow, also the most popular one, which is the orthopedic memory foam pillow by Sleepsia.com. Now, the question is can you wash it? Well, read further to know about that.
All of us spend hours with our faces rubbed and pressed against our pillows. So keeping those pillows clean and hygienic only makes sense. If you think, what the need to clean your pillow is, then you are up for a surprise here! The pillow you use every day can compromise your dead skin, dust mites, and dust mite feces. Gross, right? So, if still, you are using a traditional pillow then you need to switch to the memory foam as soon as possible. Because with memory foam pillows, it is a sigh of relief when it comes to dust mites that cause coughing and sneezing. The memory foam pillows are hypoallergenic, so you can sleep free-minded. Still, if these tiny arachnid-looking creatures were to live on the surface of memory foam, they can’t burrow into the stuffing. Moreover, the sleepsia pillow comes with a bamboo cover that is washable and ensures double safety. As with our pillow next to our face for a few hours every day, it can let the nasty bacteria dwell, and we come into contact with them throughout the day.
How to Clean a Memory Foam Pillow
The first simple step that you can make a habit of is that you should vacuum your pillow every time you lay the bed sheets and change them. Next, you can spot clean your pillow once every month to get rid of the sweat residue. Every two months try to deep clean your [urlhttps://www.amazon.com/Cervical-Pillow-Orthopedic-Memory-Sleeping/dp/B08GF9WK3M]orthopedic pillow[/url]. But to wash and clean your pillow there are some things you need to keep in mind:-
• You should never put the memory foam in the washer or dryer, so always clean by hand.
• Don’t scrub the pillow too hard.
• Always use gentle cleaning agents, anything too harsh can disturb its composition.
Below are some habits you can practice to keep your pillow spotless!
Practice Good Pillow Hygiene
Are you familiar with pillow hygiene? And do you practice it?
As dirt, grease, pollutants, and other bacteria can build up on your pillowcase every now and then. If you are a person who has frequent breakouts, then it is best you change the pillowcase every two days. Experts also recommend that you should change your pillowcase once a week at the very minimum.
How to Clean a Spill
Did you spill your cup of tea or coffee on your pillow? Then, remember that most liquid stains like these can be easily removed. Read below to learn how to remove stains. But if you have tougher stains like the bloodstain or wine stain then you can consider the spot cleaning method.
• Remove the pillowcase. Then take a towel and it will absorb any excess liquid.
• Take water and mix a mild detergent in it until it reaches a bubbly consistency. After this take a sponge and dip it in the soapy solution. In a circular motion gently rub the spill till it is clean. Speed up drying with a hairdryer or allow your cervical neck pillow to air dry.
How to Spot Clean
As you, the mild stain projected by different liquids can be removed with a detergent and a sponge. But, what about a difficult tough stain? Like if you have a stain of wine or blood? Then, you can follow the following spot clean method:
1. Remove all of the covers.
2. Apply 3% hydrogen peroxide directly to the stain, then until the peroxide stops bubbling blot with a clean cloth, (For blood and wine). Now, take an old toothbrush, spray some cold water and then rub the surface gently until it seems clean.
3. Mix, one tsp of white vinegar to one cup of hydrogen peroxide, and two tbsp of baking soda, apply where the urine is spilled (for pet urine). Let the pillow stay overnight and if the odor persists repeat the procedure. Blemish clean with cold water.
4. Allow the pillow to air dry.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46